Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 11:10 AM

377 posts, read 644,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrlongisland View Post
Just saw this thread. Excuce me if it has been mentioned previously - Umbertos in New Hyde Park. Hands down the best, ignore all other pretenders to the throne.
Yes, Umberto's is getting a lot of love on this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 02:51 PM

414 posts, read 808,901 times
Uncle Guiseppeis makes pretty darn good pizza also, and it's cheap!

Old 10-15-2012, 03:24 PM

426 posts, read 960,529 times
The ORIGINAL Umberto's in New Hyde Park.....I know there are others on the island but I am not sure if they are as good.

Coliseo's in Port Jeff Station.

The Pie in Port Jeff Station.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:26 PM

426 posts, read 960,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphfr View Post
If we could get any pizza from anywhere on the Island without geographical constraints it would be from Albert's in Copaigue or West Babylon. Light, crispy with delicious sauce over the cheese! My sister says the Hauppaugue location is very good also. Many memories of the original Albert and his wife so busy they would take the phone off the hook. Sometimes they would run out of dough.

But for regular pizza, living in Levittown we always get our pizza from what is now Mama Venezia in Hicksville which used to be a satellite of Umberto's in NHP. They are across from Holy Trinity HS. Very solid and consistent neopolitan pizza in an area where you really have to search for good pizza.

Cafe Angoletto in NHP on Hillside/NHP Rd used to make the best neopolitan pizza. I believe they have Umberto's dna also. Their sausage and broccoli rabe pizza was excellent. Gun to my head I would pick this neopolitan pie as the best I've ever had on the Island. Haven't been there in a few years though.

Growing up in Lindenhurst, Pizza Town on Rt109 in W Babylon was king back in the day and I still think their pizza is better than most.
There used to be an Albert's in Farmingdale that I LOVED but they closed quite a few years ago. I think the only one now is in West Babylon correct? Their square pie with the sauce over the cheese is amazing.

Old 10-15-2012, 04:57 PM

430 posts, read 557,489 times
I went out and tried pappalardo's today because of the praise on this thread. I was not disapointed. The pizza was excellent, but i still prefer umbertos style.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:01 PM

31 posts, read 53,307 times
I like Umbertos (one in NHP). I always go there everytime I come back to visit.

Does anybody know if Eddie's Pizza is still open in Williston Park? I remember they had thin crust pizza. My friend who lives in Huntington says that there is this place called Rosa's Pizza there which is supposed to be amazing.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:27 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceandFire View Post

Does anybody know if Eddie's Pizza is still open in Williston Park? I remember they had thin crust pizza. My friend who lives in Huntington says that there is this place called Rosa's Pizza there which is supposed to be amazing.
I remember that one, but don't know if they are still open. We used to go to that one after the bars on Saturday night because they were open late. The pizza crust was so thin we used to call it "matzoh pizza."

Old 10-15-2012, 06:53 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,747,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
King Umberto's in Elmont is also one of my favorites. Besides the pizza parlor, they have a nicer sit down restaurant and the non-pizza food is excellent too.

Pequa is Papalardo's Pizza Cove still in Massapequa? When I used to live there I liked that pizza.
Yeah, Papalardo's not bad. The regular was good, I didn't care for the sicil. Maybe I caught them on a bad night but I remember the cheese sliding off the luke-warm sicilian slice.

King Umberto grandma slice is the best I have ever had, anywhere. I always try to pick some up when I'm over there. No one on LI can replicate it.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:04 AM

406 posts, read 874,798 times
The best regular (not plain, not cheese, c'mon, we're from New York) slice is in Canarsie at Original's Pizza on Avenue L. If you ever want to brave the Belt, the bullets and the bad attitudes, head there.

On Long Island, the best specialty slices I've had were from Ciro's Pizza in East Meadow. Unfortunately though, the people who own it and run it are total A-holes and they charge different prices depending upon if they like you or not. Still, very good pizza.

I've had Umberto's and it is good, but nothing special.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:09 AM

22,669 posts, read 36,804,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceandFire View Post

Rosa's is pretty good. Amazing? Not sure about that. But it is good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island