Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2012, 03:20 PM

863 posts, read 2,108,255 times

Advertisements

I suffered some wind damage in thes storm so I called 4 seasons roofing for a quote and they told me their new policy as of today is to get a deposit of $250 to do a quote. Their reasoning is people were using their quotes for the insurance company but going with someone cheaper. I guess they have too much work so they can do that. I have never heard of anything like that before
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 03:26 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,764,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbrooklyn View Post
I suffered some wind damage in thes storm so I called 4 seasons roofing for a quote and they told me their new policy as of today is to get a deposit of $250 to do a quote. Their reasoning is people were using their quotes for the insurance company but going with someone cheaper. I guess they have too much work so they can do that. I have never heard of anything like that before
Amazing! Tell them to take a hike, free estimates have been the rule for the last 35 years.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:29 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbrooklyn View Post
From my personal experience following a flood. In our town, anyone that messed people over like that didn't last, a few businesses that messed people over went out of business,...due to word of mouth. And, you may be surprised to find that many out of town folks are more fair because they are sympathetic...just make sure they are licensed and insured.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:44 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
Do yourself a favor and run...run FAST. My very first post here on C-D was about them. They are grossly overpriced and they are relentless with their phone calls. I have never paid for an estimate from a contractor. In fact, one of the companies we called for window estimates was Allure. They were far less expensive and the estimate was free and they didn't bombard us with constant phone calls. How do they know that people were using their quotes for insurance companies and then using someone cheaper?

Old 11-05-2012, 04:11 PM

93 posts, read 242,829 times
Four Seasons Roofing in Farmingdale is first rate in my book. There is another company named four seasons so not sure which you are referring to. But we had a problem roof and had sooo many roofers over that were clueless...Love, love, love Four Seasons Roofing. They certainly don't bombard people with calls so suspect your is the other four seasons...

As far as Allure...we went to them to ask about Andersen Windows and we go no info from them whatsoever. Obviously just wanting to push their line...

Old 11-05-2012, 05:37 PM

659 posts, read 2,517,703 times
Estimates are always free. Call around to other roofers so you don't get taken advantage of because of the storm.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:54 PM

863 posts, read 2,108,255 times
Thanks a lot all. I have never had someone try to charge a quote. They tried to say it was because of the storm. I think I will find someone not looking for my money to start with.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:19 AM

629 posts, read 1,701,291 times
Tell them YOU are providing roofing companies with the opportunity to quote on the job for $300 - so they can deduct their $250 charge from that and bring a $50 bill when they come to do the quote.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:27 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,886,849 times
I don't understand the point of a deposit anyway since car dealers do the same and you can still get it back. Sounds like required tipping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island