Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 07:23 PM

40 posts, read 70,238 times

Advertisements

Who has seen this movie? It is called my amityville horror and it is a news story about the boy who lived in the amityville horror house in suffolk county, ny. He is an adult now. I will not watch this! Who has seen it? I have read many things about this house and about how it is dangerous and that people will go there. Why do they go? Is it strange that it is exposed? I have read that their is red room in the basement and that it is a gateway or a vortex.

My Amityville Horror – The Official Production Diary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 07:36 PM

216 posts, read 445,723 times
The house is very nice! You should come and visit the areas you have been so concerned about to see that they are not bad places!

Old 04-16-2013, 09:31 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,724,920 times
Oh my goodness!! That house is NOT haunted. The murderous druggie who killed his entire family was NOT a "boy", he was a man (I think 24 years old) and is still in prison and, hopefully, will never get out. His name is Ronald DeFeo Jr.

The house is absolutely beautiful and there is no "red room" in the basement nor is there a portal to hell there.

The house is located on the intersection of Ocean Avenue and Ireland Place in Amityville. The house no longer looks like it originally did due to the number of unwanted "fans" and "visitors". One of the recent owners had to change the windows on the top floor which were the ones that supposedly turned red.

The movie is just so stupid.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:13 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverangel80 View Post
Who has seen this movie? It is called my amityville horror and it is a news story about the boy who lived in the amityville horror house in suffolk county, ny. He is an adult now. I will not watch this! Who has seen it? I have read many things about this house and about how it is dangerous and that people will go there. Why do they go? Is it strange that it is exposed? I have read that their is red room in the basement and that it is a gateway or a vortex.

My Amityville Horror – The Official Production Diary
Those are fiction and were "created" for dramatic effect in the first Amityville Horror movie starring James Brolin and Margot Kidder.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
Oh my goodness!! That house is NOT haunted. The murderous druggie who killed his entire family was NOT a "boy", he was a man (I think 24 years old) and is still in prison and, hopefully, will never get out. His name is Ronald DeFeo Jr.

The house is absolutely beautiful and there is no "red room" in the basement nor is there a portal to hell there.

The house is located on the intersection of Ocean Avenue and Ireland Place in Amityville. The house no longer looks like it originally did due to the number of unwanted "fans" and "visitors". One of the recent owners had to change the windows on the top floor which were the ones that supposedly turned red.

The movie is just so stupid.
The movie is not about him, but Daniel Lutz, one of the children that lived in the house after the murder and whose family's story was turned into the original Amityville Horror movie.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:20 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
For being such a B movie it's amazing how people still believe it to this day....

Old 04-17-2013, 01:45 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,806,300 times
the defao family owns many local new car dealerships. i know the officer that first arrived on the crime scne and he showed me some photos and its very horrific.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:18 PM

20,926 posts, read 28,397,897 times
Yes Ronnie Defao killed his family but only because he was high on drugs, not because of demonic possesion or that the house was haunted. Stop being a scardy cat and watch the movie. My husband's friend (now deceased) knew Ronnie from the local bar not too far from where he lived and said he was a big druggie. The house is gorgeous and recently sold for like 1 million or close to that price. The amityville horror movies are all Hype. They interviewd Ron on TV a few years back (he's in his 50's now) very interesting how he twists the story around several times about the night of the murders.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Yes Ronnie Defao killed his family but only because he was high on drugs, not because of demonic possesion or that the house was haunted. Stop being a scardy cat and watch the movie. My husband's friend (now deceased) knew Ronnie from the local bar not too far from where he lived and said he was a big druggie. The house is gorgeous and recently sold for like 1 million or close to that price. The amityville horror movies are all Hype. They interviewd Ron on TV a few years back (he's in his 50's now) very interesting how he twists the story around several times about the night of the murders.
He has lied so much nobody knows what to believe. One of his most recent lies is that his sister Dawn participated in the killings and Dawn was responsible for killing the younger kids. His latest "supernatural" tall tale is that the house and grounds are currently haunted by his father.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:43 PM

Default For another perspective on ...

... the Amityville Horror case, visit this thread:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/unexp...ives-your.html

The OP is a Long Islander and has an interesting opening post.

Bonus for silverangel: contains old LI folklore concerning earliest settlers and american indians and stuff about old time witches on LI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island