U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-27-2013, 04:39 AM
 
Location: Manorville
45 posts, read 75,120 times
Reputation: 23

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinuzzo View Post
So why does everyone else have to go that way?
I never said that everyone else needs to go that way. I said that anyone who lives in the Five Towns will go that way. Why is it so hard for you to understand that I grew up in Southwestern Nassau County, and that this was the only way that myself and anyone else coming from the Five Towns could get to Roosevelt Field Mall?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-27-2013, 05:34 AM
 
Location: home...finally, home .
8,339 posts, read 19,200,229 times
Reputation: 18071
Please do not argue back & forth so that we can keep this thread open. Also, please be aware that another member disagreeing with you does not constitute a reportable "personal attack". Thanks.
__________________
******************


People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Last edited by nancy thereader; 09-27-2013 at 12:42 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2013, 07:30 AM
 
Location: Manorville
45 posts, read 75,120 times
Reputation: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Please do not argue back & forth so that we can keep this thread open. Thanks.
I have a question. How come you only deleted my message and not S.I.B.'s messages? This person has fought with several other people on this board and you have not deleted any of that person's messages. So what's this all about?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2013, 08:03 AM
 
Location: Former LI'er Now Rehoboth Beach, DE
9,751 posts, read 12,375,063 times
Reputation: 10218
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHellcat01 View Post
I never said that everyone else needs to go that way. I said that anyone who lives in the Five Towns will go that way. Why is it so hard for you to understand that I grew up in Southwestern Nassau County, and that this was the only way that myself and anyone else coming from the Five Towns could get to Roosevelt Field Mall?

Just curious isn't it easier to get to Green Acres mall from 5 t AREA?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2013, 11:59 AM
 
Location: Manorville
45 posts, read 75,120 times
Reputation: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Just curious isn't it easier to get to Green Acres mall from 5 t AREA?
Yes Green Acres Mall is closer to the Five Towns than Roosevelt Field Mall is however, I've been to both malls many times. I'd recommend Roosevelt Field Mall over Green Acres Mall any day of the week based on the fact that there is nowhere near as many incidents in Roosevelt Field Mall as there is in Green Acres Mall. My aunt was mugged in the parking lot of Green Acres Mall 30 years ago, also one of the employees who worked in the mall was killed there on Black Friday 2008 because a bunch of people just trampled over the poor guy trying to get into the mall. There was also someone murdered in the movie theater that's across the street from the mall on Christmas 1990, which is why that movie theater set up metal detectors.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2013, 12:11 PM
 
4,278 posts, read 7,452,280 times
Reputation: 2439
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHellcat01 View Post
Yes Green Acres Mall is closer to the Five Towns than Roosevelt Field Mall is however, I've been to both malls many times. I'd recommend Roosevelt Field Mall over Green Acres Mall any day of the week based on the fact that there is nowhere near as many incidents in Roosevelt Field Mall as there is in Green Acres Mall.
got any stats to back this up?
Quote:
My aunt was mugged in the parking lot of Green Acres Mall 30 years ago
one mugging you're aware of in 30 years? I'll take those odds any day!
Quote:
also one of the employees who worked in the mall was killed there on Black Friday 2008 because a bunch of people just trampled over the poor guy trying to get into the mall.
that wasn't in the mall. It was near the mall.
Quote:
there was also someone murdered in the movie theater that's across the street from the mall on Christmas 1990, which is why that movie theater set up metal detectors.
First a mugging 30 years ago and then a 23-year-old shooting? Do you avoid the LIRR because of Colin Ferguson? And did you hear there was a shooting near Roosevelt Field just 2 weeks ago! Maybe all the malls are dangerous! Thank God for Amazon!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2017, 03:47 PM
 
48 posts, read 48,204 times
Reputation: 44
OP what did you choose? I am considering same 3.


P.S. here is another 2017 list to consider. Yes, I know its Niche and we shouldn't pay attention but that wouldn't be fun!


South Side High School Named One Of The Best In The State - Rockville Centre, NY Patch


Here are the Long Island high schools who made the list of the Top 100 Public High Schools in New York:
No. 3— Great Neck South High School
No. 4— Roslyn High School
No. 7— Jericho Senior High School
No. 10— Syosset Senior High School
No. 13— Wheatley School in Old Westbury
No. 17— Half Hollow Hills High School East in Dix Hills
No. 20— Paul D. Schreiber Senior High School in Port Washington
No. 21— George W. Hewlett High School
No. 22— Great Neck North High School
No. 26— Half Hollow Hills High School West in Dix Hills
No. 28— Manhasset Secondary School
No. 33— Cold Spring Harbor High School
No. 36— Harborfields High School in Greenlawn
No. 37— Herricks High School in New Hyde Park
No. 38— Garden City High School
No. 41— Westhampton Beach Senior High School
No. 42— Plainview-Old Bethpage John F. Kennedy High School
No. 46— Southampton High School
No. 47— North Shore Senior High School in Glen Head
No. 48— Huntington High School
No. 55— Commack High School
No. 59— Ward Melville Senior High School in East Setauket
No. 61— Bay Shore Senior High School
No. 63— South Side High School in Rockville Centre
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2017, 03:51 PM
 
9,257 posts, read 2,568,176 times
Reputation: 4852
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesUp View Post
OP what did you choose? I am considering same 3.


P.S. here is another 2017 list to consider. Yes, I know its Niche and we shouldn't pay attention but that wouldn't be fun!


South Side High School Named One Of The Best In The State - Rockville Centre, NY Patch


Here are the Long Island high schools who made the list of the Top 100 Public High Schools in New York:
No. 3— Great Neck South High School
No. 4— Roslyn High School
No. 7— Jericho Senior High School
No. 10— Syosset Senior High School
No. 13— Wheatley School in Old Westbury
No. 17— Half Hollow Hills High School East in Dix Hills
No. 20— Paul D. Schreiber Senior High School in Port Washington
No. 21— George W. Hewlett High School
No. 22— Great Neck North High School
No. 26— Half Hollow Hills High School West in Dix Hills
No. 28— Manhasset Secondary School
No. 33— Cold Spring Harbor High School
No. 36— Harborfields High School in Greenlawn
No. 37— Herricks High School in New Hyde Park
No. 38— Garden City High School
No. 41— Westhampton Beach Senior High School
No. 42— Plainview-Old Bethpage John F. Kennedy High School
No. 46— Southampton High School
No. 47— North Shore Senior High School in Glen Head
No. 48— Huntington High School
No. 55— Commack High School
No. 59— Ward Melville Senior High School in East Setauket
No. 61— Bay Shore Senior High School
No. 63— South Side High School in Rockville Centre
Ignore it. All 3 schools are excellent.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2017, 04:01 PM
 
Location: Former LI'er Now Rehoboth Beach, DE
9,751 posts, read 12,375,063 times
Reputation: 10218
I lived in RVC and can honestly say I found the people to be snobbish. My sister lives in East Williston and the people were much friendlier and many could buy and sell RVC. Hubby grew up in Garden City and he will tell you that the GC people were more snobby than the RVC people. Once again, the above comments are a broad generalization and are based upon our sampling which may well be different than you encounter.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2017, 04:50 PM
 
48 posts, read 48,204 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I lived in RVC and can honestly say I found the people to be snobbish. My sister lives in East Williston and the people were much friendlier and many could buy and sell RVC. Hubby grew up in Garden City and he will tell you that the GC people were more snobby than the RVC people. Once again, the above comments are a broad generalization and are based upon our sampling which may well be different than you encounter.
Thanks! We are all over the place right now but..


I think that East Williston is undervalued. There are 2 houses in EW that would probably be worth $1.1/ $1.2+ in GC. plus one has taxes in the mid teens.


In terms of GC we go to kidville and have play dates at st. Pauls and it seems that GC has a bit more of a "community feel" to it and that may be reflected in the price.


RVC has these 2 HUGE colonials on Broadway that we saw which are walking distance to Watson elementary. We've also had our kid attend the CSTL camps at Tanglewood Preserve nearby which she adored. One thing that i did notice was that the crime reports here seemed to have a few more muggings and drug related issues than the other 2. however, on the surface, Broadway seemed to be rather nice and it was difficult for us to reconcile the reports to the beautiful part of the town,
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top