Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 06:54 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,702,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock777 View Post
Not really used as a cut thru at all. The roads wind a bit a so you're better off just sitting at the light. It's very infrequently I see a car on my block I don't recognize. Lynx is used to get from old town to sheep pasture though!

I use the path a lot but not having been down in the pit a while to see the progress that way. I just hope it doest bring undesirables from pjs into our neighborhood. there are plenty of trees that separate the yards from the path in that area, plus on possum those houses are on a higher elevation than the path. They are also extending the path to the west - people over there (gnarled hollow) are upset bc the path is wide there and they took down a lot of trees - they can get to the path from their yards.

There are also no whole house rentals to stony brook kids over here. We don't have the mushroom houses either. When I drive down lynx there are a few.
Whoever cut the path by Gnarled Hollow must have been a frustrated lumberjack. The swath cut for the path is way too wide. One of my children's former teachers had her yard completely exposed in the process.

As for the eastern terminus, you've echoed my concern as well. Will path users have to be more concerned for their safety? It will be just far enough from homes that someone could lie in wait and mug a jogger or worse. It should have just ended in Setauket -- there is really no desirable location on the other PJS end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 12:38 PM

13 posts, read 27,514 times
hmmm.. I was actually thinking I would never walk the trails without my husband anyway- I watch way too much Investigation Discovery and feel like someone could grab you and no one would hear a peep! LOL But I do love the idea of taking nice walks with the family through the paths. Also there are no mushroom houses near Woodchuck or that side, I also did not see the power lines being referred to, I thought the power lines were a little further away? I do think the hi-ranches on Bunny and Woodhuck are "ugly" in that they are very flat, just a rectangle with zero dimension and the front doors are all set way too the left and my husband is hung up on the placement of the door. We would be adding a porch, shingles and the bottom of the house would have rocks/bricks and top nice shingles, all of which would make the home appear more like a colonial and less hi-ranch. My big concern is how roomy are the homes inside...no basements and no attics....not a ton of storage. We noticed many people converted their garage to give them more living space, but we absolutely need a garage!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: