Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 09:05 AM

200 posts, read 618,720 times

Advertisements

Cell phones today are indispensible and not for calling or texting, which I hardly ever do but because of the apps, I can start my car and unlock the doors, turn my house alarm on and off, turn my lights on and off in my house and I can see who is prowling around my house, phones do so much more that is why people cannot live without them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 10:09 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,886,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snatale1 View Post
At 5 minutes it's dead. I for the life of me don't understand why iPhone owners send their phones swimming and break their screens FAR more than any other phone owner (I'm a cell phone technician). Time to put in that insurance claim. Do yourself a favor and go Android.
Curious, do android phones generally last longer and have fewer calls for fixes because of build or because they are probably fewer in number? GNex owner here.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:17 AM

376 posts, read 1,016,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
Mongoose65 said:

He didn't????
ITS CALLED SARCASM ...like joking ...lighten up francis !!!!

Old 05-01-2013, 10:51 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,998,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar1458 View Post
ITS CALLED SARCASM ...like joking ...lighten up francis !!!!
Some of us can tell when someone writes "lol" on the line and then uses a icon they are probably joking.

Can't get that kind of insight from a landline, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar1458 View Post
its not the money but the photos ....but I have people to call !!!! lol ....I miss word with freinds now

Old 05-01-2013, 11:16 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,974,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rh71 View Post
Curious, do android phones generally last longer and have fewer calls for fixes because of build or because they are probably fewer in number? GNex owner here.
Those smart enough to use Android phones are smart enough to know they aren't indestructible

Old 05-01-2013, 12:47 PM

3,122 posts, read 4,954,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
Those smart enough to use Android phones are smart enough to know they aren't indestructible
I have the lifeproof case for the iPhone.... I dropped it in the pool and have taken underwater pics while on vacation in Bora Bora. Works like a charm and now t-mobile has LTE down here and speeds are amazing...

Sent from my iPhone 5
using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by BigMike50; 05-01-2013 at 01:02 PM..

Old 05-01-2013, 01:24 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,886,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
Are you saying iphone people are dumber or is the android os somehow more complex? Anyway, I didn't say anything about android phones being bulletproof. If anything, I'd think Apple engineers have been better at that.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:53 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,974,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rh71 View Post
Are you saying iphone people are dumber or is the android os somehow more complex? Anyway, I didn't say anything about android phones being bulletproof. If anything, I'd think Apple engineers have been better at that.
It was sarcasm.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:21 PM

884 posts, read 1,406,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
No. I've had a cell phone since 1995. Never bashed anyone. Didn't really care what anyone had or didn't have and still don't.

There ARE many, many people who are completely and utterly lost without their cell phone. You would think they're going through heroin withdrawals. You can't say that a huge number of people are completely addicted to their phones. When I'm at a restaurant and I see a table of people and most of them are hunched over their phones instead of interacting with one another, I actually find it very sad.

If I leave mine at home, I really don't care. I can make a call anywhere if it's that important.
Including a nature call.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:53 PM

376 posts, read 1,016,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose65 View Post
Some of us can tell when someone writes "lol" on the line and then uses a icon they are probably joking.

Can't get that kind of insight from a landline, though.
My comment was NOT directed towards you ,sorry if you thought that ..you were backing me up ...thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island