Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 12:33 AM

30 posts, read 69,984 times

Advertisements

i'm i allowed to post the address on the blog?or the link to the house?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 07:54 AM

791 posts, read 1,623,291 times
I think you can share the address, but if you want to be on the safe side, you could give us the street/cross-street that are nearest and we can tell you whether it's "real" Brookhaven or a realtor trying to be cute.

Regardless, I really don't think that Brookhaven is your best choice within your budget. Drive around the neighborhood at 10 or 11 pm on a Friday/Saturday before making your decision.

Old 07-24-2013, 04:38 PM

134 posts, read 250,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfoSeeker52 View Post
I think you can share the address, but if you want to be on the safe side, you could give us the street/cross-street that are nearest and we can tell you whether it's "real" Brookhaven or a realtor trying to be cute.

Regardless, I really don't think that Brookhaven is your best choice within your budget. Drive around the neighborhood at 10 or 11 pm on a Friday/Saturday before making your decision.
Where in Brookhaven proper is it shady? Granted the school district could be better but it's better then William Floyd. Now neighboring North Bellport between Sunrise Hwy and Montauk Hwy between Amsterdam Ave and Bellport Ave is very shady and one of the most run down areas on Long Island.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:11 PM

It's Astor Avenue and Oak Street.

Also, for Patchogue, where is the best place, Patchogue Highlands, East Patchogue, regular Patchogue?
I looked in Rp ans Sound Beach but it is way too far

Old 07-25-2013, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boliqua2 View Post
Where in Brookhaven proper is it shady? Granted the school district could be better but it's better then William Floyd. Now neighboring North Bellport between Sunrise Hwy and Montauk Hwy between Amsterdam Ave and Bellport Ave is very shady and one of the most run down areas on Long Island.
If you looked on page 2 of the thread, I've said that I've seen realtors posting homes that are actually within the WF school district as being in "Brookhaven" to avoid the Mastic/Shirley stigma. OP's concern is whether or not the house is mis-labeled, not whether it's in a "shady" part of Brookhaven.

That said, I'd personally avoid the part of Brookhaven bordering N. Bellport, since N. Bellport is exceedingly shady and I'd have concerns about problems from that area spilling over into the bordering sections of Brookhaven.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verobrown View Post

Also, for Patchogue, where is the best place, Patchogue Highlands, East Patchogue, regular Patchogue?
That intersection is in actual Brookhaven, and far from N. Bellport, so - although I'm not personally familiar with those specific streets - I'd bet its fine.

As for Patchogue, I find Patchogue north of Sunrise Hwy appears to be a better-kept neighborhood, for the most part. That's probably N. Patchogue though.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:08 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verobrown View Post

My only concern with the Astor/Oak vicinity would be the water table.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:46 PM

Thanks again everyone!
The Astor/Oak: if i asked the real estate agent about it being flooded by Sandy, do they have to legally tell me?

Old 07-26-2013, 09:49 PM

37 Astor Ave, Brookhaven, NY 11719 - Zillow

37 Astor Place. I also google mapped it to get a better look. It looked runned down but not too bad. Tell me what you think.

Old 07-27-2013, 04:30 AM

I'm always suspicious when realtors only offer a high aerial view of the home the way the link you provided shows. You'd have to see it in person to know if it's okay or not. As for flooding, it's my understanding that it would have to be disclosed if you asked about it. That said, it's pretty easy to spot a Sandy house right now - if it flooded, the lower level of the home will either be completely remodeled, or ripped down to the studs (to prevent/remediate mold growth).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island