Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 08:54 AM

260 posts, read 451,263 times

Advertisements

UFC 162: Chris Weidman knocks out Anderson Silva to win middleweight championship

Good fight. Nice to see a Long Islander win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 09:54 AM

886 posts, read 2,647,628 times
Fight? That looked like a Cassius Clay to Sonny Liston chin shot. Bogus.
I've seen many UFC fights but this one smells fishy.

Old 07-07-2013, 12:22 PM

596 posts, read 983,080 times
Fishy?!!! Silva actually did no damage to Weidman. You could tell that Silva was frustrated by the look on his face in the first round after Weidman had him on the ground and failed in his heel hook and kneebar attempts. That's when Silva started the clowning (not without precedent). Silva could have lowered his hands slightly in order to bait Weidman, or better yet go on the attack. Instead he chose to stand there with his feet parallel and his heels on the mat. If he was going to throw the fight, why not just tap to the heel hook?

Old 07-07-2013, 01:28 PM

886 posts, read 2,647,628 times
Oh please. If that baby swipe knocked Silva out then he has a worse glass chin than James "Bonecrusher" Smith did. Fraud.

Old 07-07-2013, 02:58 PM

145 posts, read 358,807 times
Silva will destroy him in the rematch fight, I hope he learned a lesson not to goof off. He's not fighting the way he used to. The way he used to do it is 1st round check out what his opponent has, 2nd round start destroying him, the only reason why I'm not mad Weidman won is because he's from my county, just 1 town next to mine.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:57 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,998,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue53 View Post
Oh please. If that baby swipe knocked Silva out then he has a worse glass chin than James "Bonecrusher" Smith did. Fraud.
Yeah, Blue, try taking a pot shot from Weidman to the jaw while flatfooted. He hits like a truck. Silva's head snapped like a kewpie doll. Pito is 100% correct. Silva didn't enjoy the ground and pounding he took in the 1st round so goaded CW into a kickboxing match. I'm surprised Weidman went with it but he didn't appear concerned in the least. Silva has done that clown stunt numerous times and often throws a surprise right cross straight down the pipe that knocks people out. He didn't last long enough to try. Nice win for the Baldwin kid and frankly I think he beats Silva worse next time. He could have kept it on the ground and won.

Old 07-07-2013, 05:43 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,146,742 times
Let's see how he does in the rematch, at least he'll get a bigger purse.

By the way, sometimes a glancing blow is all that is needed for a knock out. Seen it happen in training several times.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:14 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,998,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
Let's see how he does in the rematch, at least he'll get a bigger purse.

By the way, sometimes a glancing blow is all that is needed for a knock out. Seen it happen in training several times.
Agreed. Especially on the chin. Head, nose, not so much. The chin is the "button" that turns out the lights.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:15 PM

289 posts, read 399,817 times
Great for some hometown pride. Silva's head snapped like mine , when I seen my first alimony payment. There will be money made in the rematch. Hay do I see a street name changing?

Old 07-07-2013, 06:29 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,146,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose65 View Post
Agreed. Especially on the chin. Head, nose, not so much. The chin is the "button" that turns out the lights.
Well it's not so much the chin that's the "button" (nerves etc) but the rapid rotation of the head. The chin is a great leverage point though. Head and nose are usually straight punches, but Weidman gets enough rotation going with Silva's noggin to get his brain bouncing around in his skull.

Anderson Silva Knocked Out, UFC 162 [VIDEO] - Business Insider
The last graphic really shows it well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island