Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2020, 07:30 PM

1 posts, read 980 times

Advertisements

Have a restaurant behind me that has employees coming in and out all day and night being loud and making absurd amounts of noise, screaming and shouting. Music blasts every single day and night relentlessly to the point where paintings rattle and its impossible to sleep, or ever have peace and quiet for that matter. Cops have been called numerous times/health dept complaints/ liquor license complaints/ multiple conversations with managers and owner. Bottom line is they don't give a F, anyone with suggestions? Is it time to speak to a lawyer? They have delivery trucks constantly blocking roads/double parking.. just the worst of everything you can imagine. Thanks for any input, they also give 0 craps about covid, they're open after mandated hrs, nobody wears masks or distances its a careless nightclub pretending to be a restaurant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2020, 08:42 PM

13,058 posts, read 18,146,601 times
Have you called 5he town? Will help with the trucks, and isn’t there a number you can call re: hours and mandates? I thought it was a number connected to Governor Chomo’s office.

Old 12-29-2020, 08:45 PM

648 posts, read 432,568 times
Why did you move to such a noisy location? Those foam earplugs work great. You can set your phone to vibrate, and put it under your pillow. Never miss a call. I hope you give your garbage to them to throw away for you. Least they can do making all that noise with the dumpster lids.

Old 12-30-2020, 01:02 AM

24,130 posts, read 32,525,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocoilslick View Post
Why did you move to such a noisy location? Those foam earplugs work great. You can set your phone to vibrate, and put it under your pillow. Never miss a call. I hope you give your garbage to them to throw away for you. Least they can do making all that noise with the dumpster lids.
Why would the OP choose to live near that location? What would they expect?

Old 12-30-2020, 01:05 AM

648 posts, read 432,568 times
that what I asked.

Old 12-30-2020, 01:31 AM

20,087 posts, read 20,897,502 times
Move.

Old 12-30-2020, 05:32 AM

13,058 posts, read 18,146,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Move.
Oh c'mon now. That restaurant has to go, it is infringing on HIS rights.

Old 12-30-2020, 06:15 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,411,902 times
I just moved next to an airport, how do i get rid of all the jet engine noise?

Old 12-30-2020, 06:27 AM

6,475 posts, read 3,167,043 times
Which came first, the restaurant or the OP living there? IF, on the odd chance that it happened that the OP was there first, then I could understand his/her point. However, if the restaurant was already there, and he/she moved next to it, then the answer is simple....MOVE!

But if you come to an internet forum, and this is your first post, I suspect there's a little "trolling" going on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
I just moved next to an airport, how do i get rid of all the jet engine noise?
You should have found a smaller airport to move near, one that only services propeller driven aircraft.......

Old 12-30-2020, 06:55 AM

2,771 posts, read 4,536,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMeB13 View Post
Have a restaurant behind me that has employees coming in and out all day and night being loud and making absurd amounts of noise, screaming and shouting. Music blasts every single day and night relentlessly to the point where paintings rattle and its impossible to sleep, or ever have peace and quiet for that matter. Cops have been called numerous times/health dept complaints/ liquor license complaints/ multiple conversations with managers and owner. Bottom line is they don't give a F, anyone with suggestions? Is it time to speak to a lawyer? They have delivery trucks constantly blocking roads/double parking.. just the worst of everything you can imagine. Thanks for any input, they also give 0 craps about covid, they're open after mandated hrs, nobody wears masks or distances its a careless nightclub pretending to be a restaurant
Simple: MOVE! Housing market is at historical highs! Just make sure you don’t move next to a gas station, airport or a firehouse. Those are noisy too! Hard to get rid of as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island