Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has the LI CD Forum declined in quality? Is it better, worse or the same as 2 years ago?
Better 4 6.78%
Worse 28 47.46%
Same 21 35.59%
Duh? What, me worry? 6 10.17%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 09:21 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,146,742 times

Advertisements

Same here. The mods really aren't bad people and will explain their actions if you ask nicely.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:32 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,998,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FYI- View Post
Could it be some of these reasons
When someone is asking a question the regular's jump right in answering with the same answers. Why not make a thread with the most asked questions and reference that. Then if the answer is not there answer.
Why because people forget the reason this is here. Their egos got gigantic and only their opinions count.
Why when someone answers the question and another Op also gives an answer Why debate it that was their opinion. Why people love to hear themselves and think they are right. You have already answered the question. That is what starts the off topics.
Lets make fun of grammar. Long Island is made up of many different people. But lets look down on them and make fun.
Why because you are superior.
Lets play with the obvious troll. Why because this would be #&$#@ boring just listening to the super educated and superior of knowledge ego inflated wise men of this century. Just ask them they will tell you. How $^@/* funny. Oh people who moved off LI never suggests others to move where they did. They speak highly of their new home but not telling people to move there. But they always get accused of that. You disrespect the deceased you make fun of the uneducated you laugh and degrade poor community's on LI. Meanwhile people in some of those neighborhoods would give you their blood if you needed it. You degrade people who live in the south and bash school teachers cops and firemen. Hay they just took a job. Should we bash insurance agents because our rates are so high? Ok flood gates are open I'm ready for the attacks. But really just think about what I just said. How do you expect people to take this forum seriously.
Really needed a new and fake user name for that whiney rant?! Yeah, grammar counts. I have a harder time taking someone seriously when they say "hay" instead of "hey" but that's just me. Hay is for horses. If they make a really good point I easily dismiss the grammar as a typo or snarky autocorrect on a mobile device but if the points are idiotic AND grammar is bad too, well then "if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.......it's an idiot."

Old 08-05-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsguy2001 View Post
I am well aware of that rule, and I am openly breaking it. It is rules like that which allow moderators to abuse their power. I refuse to be a doormat, and none of you should be doormats either. This of my post as non-violent civil disobedience.
Civil disobedience?! Oh my. It's a silly local culture forum, not drone strikes and forced slavery. As someone else stated, do you ever read back what you write to hear how it sounds?! Self editing is a wonderful thing. So is restraint.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:47 PM
s13

797 posts, read 1,280,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
The other side has yet to communicate with me via www. When they do, I'll take my comment back.
This is the part where I inform you I'm communicating with you from the other side... and my name is Walter.

-- a film by M. Night Shyamalan

Old 08-05-2013, 10:27 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 View Post
This is the part where I inform you I'm communicating with you from the other side... and my name is Walter.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:35 PM

6,985 posts, read 7,050,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
This thread is about the forum; please don't take it OT trying to make it about special snowflakes such as yourself. If you crave attention that badly, go phone mommy.
On this thread, you were whining about how you started a thread and nobody was nice to you. I then pointed out to you the traffic light thread, and how you were mean for no reason. My point was to show that if you behaved on that thread you started the way you did on the traffic light thread, then it makes sense people were mean to you. This has nothing to do with "special snowflakes". That's another meaningless and overused buzz word that people like you use when you have no valid argument, and need to resort to name calling.

Old 08-06-2013, 04:35 AM

5,057 posts, read 3,957,808 times
I thought the whole LI Forum was a goof on the nasty whiners. People are serious here? Now that is even funnier!

Old 08-06-2013, 05:35 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,146,742 times
What ever happened to civility?

Old 08-06-2013, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 View Post

http://www.flickr.com/photos/charliegower/2608112341/

The Hamlet of Heaven has a different border than does the "Heaven 99999" ZIP Code postal zone (i.e., a place can have a "Heaven, 99999" mailing address and not be in the Hamlet of Heaven and a place can have other than a "Heaven, 99999" mailing address and be in the Hamlet of Heaven): places that have a "Heaven, 99999" mailing address that are not in the Hamlet of Heaven are in the Hamlet of North Heaven, the Hamlet of South Heaven, the Hamlet of East Heaven and the Hamlet of West Heaven; and, at the same time, there are places in the Hamlet of Heaven with a "Heck, 99998" and "Purgartory, 99997" mailing address.

RIP, Walter.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:47 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
Does it matter? He was an OK guy who loved maps and zip codes.
He didn't love zip codes AT ALL. He thought they spread disinformation more than they helped. He merely tolerated them because he had to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island