Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 01:25 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,996,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingElsewhere View Post
My SO works for the VA. You clearly know nothing about the VA services with all your bashing of it, ignorantly assuming that the services and treatment are lousy because it's a federal run. And VA doctors make just as much money as doctors in other hospital systems.
As they say "tell it to the marines." The backlog is old news and any google search will bring up bi-partisan outrage. Only at 515,000 claims now. Yippee.

Oh then there is the case of the VA claims agents getting bonuses despite the backlog. Bravo.

Obama to Veterans: VA Backlog Is Easing - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 01:27 PM

18 posts, read 23,716 times
As I was returning home from work today, I was issued a ticket by a cop. Ok now I agree they are over paid

Old 08-30-2013, 01:32 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,224,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose65 View Post
As they say "tell it to the marines." The backlog is old news and any google search will bring up bi-partisan outrage. Only at 515,000 claims now. Yippee.

Oh then there is the case of the VA claims agents getting bonuses despite the backlog. Bravo.

I thought you were done?

Old 08-30-2013, 01:34 PM

639 posts, read 1,123,228 times
Quote:

Every hospital system has bad politics, even LIJ-NS and NYU where currently some of my nurse and doctor friends are very upset with management and decisions. Patients will complain about hospital services whether it's the VA or Mayo Clinic. Doesn't mean the healthcare providers are lousy.

Again, you know nothing of the VA. It's obvious when you said the medical doctors are paid less in the VA system which is not true. But then again, some people will continue arguing for the sake of arguing even if what they say is wrong or being asinine.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:36 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,297,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedFloridian View Post
That comes later. Why are you so defensive about this? Take the test and couldn't hack it?
Oh I think I know who we are talking to ...

Did you take your pension and free healthcare for life for you and your family that we are paying for and move to Florida so you don't have to pay the big taxes you are a part of the burden of, former officer?

How noble, running to Florida ... yes, you are only willing to pay low taxes that pay the low salaries, low benefits, and low pensions the police in Florida have to make do with. What a champ!

If he keeps arguing with you, I think your next move is to tell him he must be a LOWLIFE CRIMINAL since he does not like the police!

Old 08-30-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Every hospital system has bad politics, even LIJ-NS and NYU where currently some of my nurse and doctor friends are very upset with management and decisions. Doesn't mean the healthcare providers are lousy.

Again, you know nothing of the VA. It's obvious when you said the medical doctors are paid less in the VA system which is not true. But then again, some people will continue arguing for the sake of arguing even if what they say is wrong or being asinine.
Reading comprehension, dude. I never said a word about VA doctors. I talked about an Air Force doctor and you claimed his medical was better than an NCPD superior officer. You are wrong. Period. Nice use of asinine, though. It sounds nifty, too bad you don't even know what you are responding to. Show me where I discussed VA doctors compensation at all.

Quote:
But then again, some people will continue arguing for the sake of arguing even if what they say is wrong or being asinine.
...or without realizing they are off topic and arguing a point they created in their head.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Oh I think I know who we are talking to ...

Did you take your pension and free healthcare for life for you and your family that we are paying for and move to Florida so you don't have to pay the big taxes you are a part of the burden of, former officer?

How noble, running to Florida ... yes, you are only willing to pay low taxes that pay the low salaries, low benefits, and low pensions the police in Florida have to make do with. What a champ!

If he keeps arguing with you, I think your next move is to tell him he must be a LOWLIFE CRIMINAL since he does not like the police!
Hey I may be a lowlife, but I'm no criminal.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:47 PM

639 posts, read 1,123,228 times
Quote:
Reading comprehension, dude. I never said a word about VA doctors. I talked about an Air Force doctor and you claimed his medical was better than an NCPD superior officer. You are wrong. Period. Nice use of asinine, though. It sounds nifty, too bad you don't even know what you are responding to. Show me where I discussed VA doctors compensation at all.

...or without realizing they are off topic and arguing a point they created in their head.
You were making absurd comments about how awful the VA services are compared to LIJ. Yea go tell that to my SO who goes all out for his patients or my endocrinologist friend who has done extensive research on diabetes. Very insulting.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
You were making absurd comments about how awful the VA services are compared to LIJ. Yea go tell that to my SO who goes all out for his patients or my endocrinologist friend who has done extensive research on diabetes. Very insulting.
Whoopee for your SO. Right now the VA services IN GENERAL are a well documented travesty. Deal with it. 515,000 backlogged claims by sick veterans. If Mr. Sensitive is insulted, sorry. Go cry to the Marines. If he takes it personally, that's tough too. Lots of systemic problems in the world that don't reflect the good work of individuals. You are clearly too narrow minded to grasp that.

Show me the person who would take VA services over NY's Empire Blue Cross if given the choice. I'd love to see that! I bet your SO doesn't use VA for his own health, does he? Do you?

Old 08-30-2013, 02:46 PM

18 posts, read 23,716 times
Quote:
You said that 3 times. Thanks for contributing to the discussion. Yes, I tested and couldn't hack it .
Moron.
Talking about contributing too this discussion , this thread has been beat too death.What else can be said w/o jokes. The funny part is in a few weeks when another thread is made the same statements will be made -Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island