Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 07:17 AM

652 posts, read 2,265,232 times

Advertisements

So there's tons of drugstores poping up and Home Depots as well.
So what does this mean? That we're getting sicker as we work on our homes???
I knew I had my meditation practice for some reason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 07:56 PM

85 posts, read 315,296 times
WHO CARES ABOUT THE STOCK... How can you invest in stock when you can't even afford to pay for necessaties... "spelling my bad".. I remember oceanside in the late 80's and CVS TOOK AROUND 5 FAMILY OWNED PHARMACY BUSINESSES OUT OF BUISNESS... Yea... BIG DEAL... SO THOSE 5 family's lose there home.... THANKS CVS/BLOCKBUSTER/and all the other corporations for paying your employees $7.50 an hour minus taxes so you can over take the world with your cheap labor.... OH WAIT managers make a little more.... the employee's suffer financially while the few ceo's make millions and millions and the rest of us suffer doing there dirty work.... THATS THE REPUBLICAN DREAM!!!!! SO WHAT IF THE WORKERS SUFFER.... THE REPUBLICANS MAKE MORE MONEY sO WHO CARES ABOUT THE WORKING CLASS!!! oh WAIT I THINK THEY GAVE THEM A RAISE TO $7.75 an hour after 6 years arguing for a raise....

Old 09-12-2008, 08:34 PM

752 posts, read 1,462,816 times
within a 10 mile radius I would say about 40

Old 09-12-2008, 08:59 PM

431 posts, read 1,338,410 times
we have a cvs and rite aid and within another 5 min drive another 2 rite aids

Old 09-12-2008, 09:05 PM

732 posts, read 1,735,236 times
In the Bellport/Patchogue/Medford area:

2, soon to be 3 Walgreens (1 East Patchogue, 1 Medford, 1 future one in Patchogue)
3, soon to be 4 CVS (1 Bellport, 1 Medford, 1 East Patchogue, 1 future one in Patchogue)
3 Rite Aid (1 Patchogue, 2 Medford)

Old 09-12-2008, 09:54 PM

33 posts, read 120,258 times
Glen Cove has 3 CVS stores within minutes of each other-one open 24 hours.Why so many? They have killed off mom and pop,so now it's about their competition.The more stores in one area the more likely they will get that business.They can afford to squeeze the other drug stores.You will see this in high volume areas.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:23 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,323,539 times
In Westbury there are two, one on Old Country Rd (across from Associated) and the other on Post ave. Only the latter is actually located within the village of Westbury.
The oversaturation of CVS's is not that bad in this part of LI, but in some areas its just insane. In East Meadow I think there's two within less than a mile of eachother (by NCMC and by Walmart).
Heading east from there not too far there's another one in the Tri-County shopping center.
One observation one will make is wherever a CVS pops up, a Walgreens will pop up nearby. Case in Point, Wading River, a CVS opened up a couple years back by King Kullen, then a Walgreens is being built by McDonald's (what a shame...used to be just the King Kullen shopping center there...wasn't that enough?).
In Riverhead a CVS opened near the circle, and now a Walgreens not too far down the road. I think a similar thing happened in Centereach, they built a CVS on Middle Country rd and then a Walgreens opened up just down the street.
In Mineola it's the reverse, a Walgreens had been opened for some years at Roslyn Rd and Jericho turnpike. Well CVS bought the land where the diner and gas station was across the street and a new CVS is being built there as we speak! And there's a CVS just down the road to the east by Glen Cove rd!
Maybe they will close that one...in Rocky point the old one closed when they built the new one.
All this is such a waste of resources.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:26 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,323,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratoguzzi View Post
Glen Cove has 3 CVS stores within minutes of each other-one open 24 hours.Why so many? They have killed off mom and pop,so now it's about their competition.The more stores in one area the more likely they will get that business.They can afford to squeeze the other drug stores.You will see this in high volume areas.
Yeah...forgot about Glen Cove. That is insane. Expect a Walgreens anytime soon!

Old 09-14-2008, 07:40 AM

62 posts, read 240,102 times
Zero, but two Rite-Aids (formerly Eckerd, and before that, Genovese). It's not as if this town is so big that two are needed.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:06 AM

1,416 posts, read 5,601,906 times
A good friend of mine lives in West Islip where there already is a CVS and a Rite-Aid within less than 2 miles of each other although not on the same street. The community just successfully blocked a developer from building a Walgreens less than 2000 FEET from the existing CVS store! That would indeed have been ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island