Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 09:40 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,926,305 times

Advertisements

Passed loved ones move pictures, especially ones that mean a lot to you. I have this one picture of my dad and I dancing when I was a kid, and I had it up in my other apartment. I moved a month ago and packed it in my bag. Looked in my bag and it was gone when I unpacked. I came down to Florida the other day to visit my parents. My parents said to me "We have a nice picture to show you. I think you'll really like it." It was the same picture. They said it was in the Christmas tree box. There weren't doubles made of that picture. I believe it was my grandma's doing, and her way of saying that she's around us for the holidays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 10:29 PM

4 posts, read 23,413 times
I had a reading wwith him a few years back. It took me 18 months to get it.
AMAZING !! I'll never forget it. He is the real thing. I had doubts about the other side but no longer. He'll never take a dime from a parent that lost a young child. He does not like to give predictions, but he did that day. All three came true !!

Old 01-22-2008, 05:58 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,271,680 times
How lucky to have had a reading. I would love to have that. I do want so much to connect.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,606 times
Default John Edwards

I know this is a older link, but I just came across it and wish to reply anyways,

Here are my thoughts, I was 26 when I decided to leave my ex husband after being with him since I was 15 years old. At about age 25 while still I my current postion at my job in cosmetics, I had befriended a fellow employee who had turned out to be what I considered a really good friend. In a short time we had become close and she had told me basically her life story etc. I had told her alittle about mine, but not all the details like she had told me. I was sad because she and I were getting to be great friends but I knew I was leaving my ex and would be flying back to Vancouver soon. About 2 weeks prior to me leaving another fellow employee and us were talking and she was talking about how she had been read by this psychic lady that a friend had told her about and that she was really good, well Margarita and I for fun decided we would go see this lady just before I left as it it would be neat and well why not, something different.
Bare in mind that this lady was someone we did not know, and I know for a fact that Margarita had no clue who this lady was either and I hadn't told anyone really what was in my head at the time.
So anyways we get out of the car and go intoher house and she reads Margarita first, me well probably like most of us do, I always have my poker face as not to give away signs, but this lady said instantly, don't tell me anything about yourself, I will tell you. As I listened to her read Margarita, I was literally in "awe" how this lady was just rambling off everything I knew Margarita had told me about her life and story. The psychic was telling her about her ex and even came up with his name, now I dont recall everything this women said to her but I just recall thinking NO WAY how could she pin point such accuracy and it wasn;t even generic stuff. Then was my turn, again I don't recall everything thing she said as now 15 years has gone by since this reading, but I recall her being just as accurate with me as she was with Margarita.

Here is a little summon up of what was going on in my life prior to seeing this lady.

I had been walking around in a fog for the last few months trying to decide what I wanted outta my life. I had been with my husband at the time and throughout our entire relationship he was verbally and physically abusive. I am the type of person that will put my needs aside, as I hate hurting other people and well because I loved my husband. What really made me re-think my life was about 1 year prior, this guy had come into my area at work... (I think he did so just to flirt with me). Man do Puerto Ricans guys flirt!! He played for a baseball team AAA in the States. He had come in a few times throughtout the week and asking if I would come to a baseball game and so I said sure if you don't mind if I bring my hubby. And so it was, went to the baseball game with hubby, and man this guy had no morals when it came to flirting with me even in front of my hubby. I kinda like it!! LOL...he was leaving to Edmonton the next day and had come by to see me yet again to ask me to come there with him, oh trust me had I not had my own set of morals I probably would have as it was so nice having a guy just full out take a liking to you, plus I love sports!!! So I was picturing in my head me sitting at the bleachers cheering on my new man... reality however kicked in that I already had one and I was not a cheater by no means. Well over the next year I had followed his career and kept clippings and made a scrapbook for him in hope I would be seeing him next year.. if only just to see him again. Well I realised I would not as he was sent off to anther team and it didn't involve come back to Calgary. This is when my head starting thinking, what do I want from life, don't I deserve happiness? Why am I so willing to stay with my husband that treats me like **** and beats me when I am a good person. After months of fogginess I told my hubby I was leaving (it was like a light bulb went off in my head). But I needed alittle bit of time so I had changed my plans by a couple monthsas my hubby who I was leaving asked that I stay atleast till our wedding anniversary. I only agreed as I wanted some time to save up alittle bit of money and make sure I paid the bills so I didnt leave him in a pinch. So during the next few months I had talked to this guy to see if he even remembered me. It took a few moments but he did, he asked me to come out to Florida and he was willing to pay for it. I don;t like taking money from people so I said thank you but let me go back to my twins home in Vancouver first and then I will come out there.

Ok now back to the reading, so I was sitting there getting read and this lady starts off by telling me that on the day of my wedding and she said don't lie cause I know it's true that you said to yourself, "I shouldn't be marrying him" as I was standing there. Ok point one for psychic lady I did think that, then the next think I recall was her telling me I had come to a path in my life where I could choose 2 roads, and she goes for some reason I see you going east, I am not sure what this means but I see you travelling east and then she goes actually I am getting the name Florida, (although I was still going holy ****!! from Margarita's reading I was now thinking it double time), how could she have known that, I didn't even tell anyone only I knew that and trust me when I say that I hate flying!!
So anyways she said that or I was going to take another path and she could see me with a brown haired fella with green eyes and that also she could see me pregnant in 6 months. (First I was like hahahaa pregant 6 months I think not, I am leaving my ex and have no intentions of being pregnant anytime soon!! Hell no!!) When she said brown hair I was also thinking hmm the guy I like right now has black hair not brown , no lady I want to go to Florida!!!. She went on to say that the person I am with now she just keeps getting the feeling he is very lazy, doesnt ask much outta life!! How true that was my husband worked 6 months outta the year took 6 months off to sit on UI and a typical day was of him sitting in his robe. That thing was like attached to his skin, I swear. She said I also get this feeling about a person connected to this Florida and to watch out for him, because although he seems to like you, he still has feelings for his ex wife, and he wants his cake and eat it too, She said almost like he wants you to come out there and see which is better for him. So be careful (The only thing I really knew about the guy from Florida was that he was he had been divorced for 10 years so I was going to have to call him and relay what this lady was saying). She said though that she more seen me taking the other path though with this brown haired guy and going that route. That's about all I recall in detail as like I said it has been 15 years, but I just recall how accurate she was and it just floored me. And trust me I was skeptical from the start as I am by nature.

So anyways the next day I call the guy from Florida and pass on what this lady was saying in the reading kinda thinking he was going to think I was a "big looney". But I know me and I like to be straight up and just ask as I hate dancing around stuff. So after I told him what she said I just said so for curiosity sakes does any of this make sense? I was even more floored when he said actually it's all true. And I was like no way!! really??? and he said yes that he still after all these years had feeling for his ex wife as they have 2 kids and I guess he was hoping that things could work out still but wanted to see me to see if we had anything as well.

Anyways there had been times I the past in talking with him, that my own gut said there was more to him then what he was saying, at times he would leave me numbers to where to reach him and at times he wouldn't.
So now I am off and flyng to Vancouver, still with every intention of going to Florida just as soon as I could save, I had been talking with this guy when I could, still being alittle suspicious though as to what his real agenda with me was. My twin had planned us a trip to Disney a couple months after I arrived. And this guy said that he was in Puerto Rico and we probably wont be able to talk as a storm was coming and they had to board up the house. Well one week later I could still not get ahold of him as I was worried, so when we left Disney not only was I worried, I was kinda pissed off was he avoiding me? If so why.
I finally got in touch with him as I had my sister call and ask for him and since his mom had answered he handed over the phone to him, I could tell he seemed like he wasnt able to talk to well, so I said is your ex wife there and he said yes. So I told him I would call him later in which I did and I straight out said look I am tired of playing games now, I sat there and worried about you for over a week and heard nothing from you. I said you are trying to get back together with your ex arent you and he said yes he was but he didnt know how it would go but still really wanted to see me. I said sorry bud but I am not into playing these types of games and please dont take me for a fool and to have a good life.

And that was that, my sister I came to find out had this chat line voice mail box she had me check for her, and each time I did I kept hearing a phone number advertising" call to connect now to single in your area" so outta curiosity I did, I thought oh my gawd!! what losers go on a chat line to meet someone although I was curious what people did on this chat line.
Well the first message I got was Hi my name is so and so and I just stepped outta the shower and my bleep is so big.... I quickly hit then end button and started to tell my sis who was at work this message I just got and started to laugh, over then next month or so we kinda more for entertainment then anything called it back, and I came to realise that hmmm outta a lot of weirdos there is some nice people on it legitally. I had dated a few people in the next few months on and off the chatline. But I always hated dating I was the type who like long term forever type relationships. I wasn't really into this go out with different people thingy. And I was still abit in a fog, altough sometimes you don't know you are. Then I had gone on the chatline again one night and heard this message saying, Hi this is Steve and Steve and what was up, well I connected to them as I thought oh how cute 2 Steve's. I ended up talking with the one Steve all night until my bibble turned into babble and I was so tried I could barely utter anther word. Turned out they were cousins, who were both named Stephen. Later the next week they had come by to my twins house and we got to meet them, I instantly knew which was the one Steve I was talking to and could see he was the shy one. We got along great and the next day when I called him his cousin Steve tried to get me to go out with him instead, but I said no and don't you have any morals you are trying to go out with me when you know your cousin like me!! To me that was just low, so I asked to talk to the other Steve, eventually to be called Steve number 1 and 2, and once we had gone out a few more times I was alittle concerned as I was 26 and he was 21 and I really didnt want a immature type person, I wanted a lasting relationship. Now to confuse you all I was kinda seeing this other person at the time but nothing serious as I like I said was just dating, this other person was promising me the world, and boy it felt good and I felt I deserved it...but when push came to shove and I had told Steve that I think I needed to stop seeing him, he said no way your not aloud and drove all the way out 45 minutes to tell me he wanted me and cared for me alot. As always with me my heart took over instead, and by him doing that blew me away as no person had done that for me before and I ended up telling the other guy vamooose....and guess what 6 months later I was pregnant almost to the day. Steve is brown hair, hazel eyes. So they weren't green but hazel is part greeny/brown, close enough eh hehehee.

There is not one person who could convince me after that reading, that there wasnt something more to this life then just coincidence. The stuff she told me was personal and correct that only my brain knew. As with Margarita, she was spot on accurate about her. It was not guess work, and reading a person's body language etc could not even come close to what this lady was telling me. It was something I tried to pick and find to relate it to me. She just blatantly told me my life and future events, which when I had time to look back yet again came true. I hadn't even conceived of the notion fo being pregant 6 months anytime soon I was sure she was wrong!! I had been with my ex for 11 years and we didnt pratice safe sex and not once did I ever get pregnant. So when my husband now at the time we met were having unsafe sex each time, I was like gah we dont need anything I was 11 years not using nothing and never been pregnant so chances are I wont be, well there musta been some bad chemistry somewhere there with my ex, as like I said 6 months later I was pregnant and he (my ex) has 2 kids of his own now.

Life sure has it's ways don't it.

Here's another little blurb, that was bascially going to be my point to all this, was not to long after my grandma died, I came across the show crossing over, now what happens after death and always intrigued me alittle as to if there was a heaven and if so what was it like, do we get to see our loved ones etc?? I recall watching this show and it gave me great comfort as it came on at 12 pm and it was the show I watched before going to bed. On one show I recall how John said all we have to do is talk to them, so the next day I was going downstairs and my grandmas picture was on the shelf in front of me, I said to her as I still yearned for proof that there was this otherside to give me a sign to let me know she was okay or could simply know I was talkingt to her. Alittle while later I went up to my husband's computer room looking for something I dont really recall now but something to do with parer, and trust me when I say his computer room was a nightmare to find anything (he's such a slob). So I see this stack of paper scattered about his desk and I life it up and sift through it very fast and was just about to put it back down when I seen this little piece of paper with automoblie listing on the back. I was just about to put it down again when I was like hmm what this and I turned it over and there it was a was the little cut out of my grandma's obituary that I had seen or could find in about 6 months. I was shocked was this true? I asked my grandma to give me a sign and then on that same particular day I find this obituary that I had seen or could find in 6 months? What were the chances? After that day I did what John had said to do I didn't look at my grnadmas death in sadness but rather I would come down stairs as I did every day see her picture on the shelf and say, "Hey Grandma, how are you today, love you miss you and see you soon one day. I always talk to my grandma here and there throughout the years.

There was another instance that floored me, a few years later, my Mom's other half (Bruce) who had 3 older daughter's of his own and one in particular daughter named Michelle. Michelle had 2 children a boy and girl. Then we got a phone call saying that the 2 year old had died from Menegitis, that Michelle was rushing him to the hospital but she said she knew she was losing him on the car ride over. She did lose her son within 20 minutes that night, they were on the way out of the hospital when their daughter seen on of their friends parents in the hospital as well, and said she she knew them, I guess there daughter was really sick and they didn't know why. Well because it was a playmate that had come over to the house the quickly told them that their son had just died to menengitis and to please have her checked for that, sure enough that little girls life was spared because Michelle's daughter had noticed the parents of a friend that came over in the hospital.

So anyways I was laying on my bed feeling so sad, I didnt really know the son all that well besides at a few family gatherings, but my heart pours out to anyone, especially when it's a child and my son was just a tad older. So I was laying on the bed partially thinking about John Edwards and so I tried to see if I could communicate with this boy.

It's really hard to ask yourself am I really talking to him or is this just in my head. But I really felt like I was talking to him for a few minutes, I asked him how he was doing and he said fine, he wanted me to tell him mom that he missed her and his sister and not to be sad. I cant recall all of it but then I recall him saying something to me to tell his mom so she knew it was him, it was something like tell my mom that I miss me tay-tay and po-po if I recall correctly. Its been along time, but i distinctly recall it was 2 sets of words and 2 different things he was talking about.

So a few days later we went to his funeral, and this was on my mind still as I was like oh sure how am I suppose to tell Michelle that I talked to her son and tell her he is fine and misses her, when she just lost her son a few days ago and I would sound like a whacko....So I am sitting there listening to her eulogy when she got up and she was coming to a close I could tell, and I was like ok there was nothing there she referred to as these 2 words I heard as she was talking about him, so fosure now I cant say nothing, then all of a sudden she says you know my son had these 2 favorite things and he had names for them he called he tay-tay and paw-paw... again I cant recall precisley what the exact words were just one was spot on and the other was just a fraction different but so close it made me sit up straight in my chair and go... did I just hear this right??? I was in such shock I was like ok this isn't happening how could I possibly know these names he had from a child a barely knew let alone know anything personal he had.

As we went over to their house for a open house after words, all I could think of was those words and how the heck was I going to say this to Michelle, but the oppurtunity did come as we were leaving and almost in the car and I said Michelle I know this might seem odd even for me to say this but you know those 2 words you said he called his special toys, I was sitting on my bed and he said to me tay-tay and po-po and I was in such shock when you said them at the funeral home. She basically just corrected me and said no it was his tay-tay and paw-paw. I said I know but po-po is so close isnt it and tay-tay was spot on. I basically just left it at that as I really dont think at that time she was truly able to absorb just how close I was to what I was told by him, I think she heard my lips move but didnt really get it as she was I am sure in her own mindset of grief. So I left it at that and felt I had done my job and passed on what I was suppose to hopefully not looking like a complete fool.

Anywas sorry for the novel, but the bottom line is I would rather believe in something then to believe in nothing at all...and I do believe there is something, what that is I am not full sure, but I know there is something beyond us.

Thanks for reading this if you did

All the best Sonya

Old 09-17-2008, 05:18 PM

130 posts, read 559,951 times
I read every word....thank you for sharing your stories.

Old 09-25-2008, 10:25 PM

5,509 posts, read 7,102,385 times
Can anyone recommend any good psychics in the Long Island area that doesn't charge a fortune for a reading? You can PM me if you don't want to post. Thanks

Old 09-27-2008, 01:14 PM

48 posts, read 315,820 times
I saw a man years ago my the name of Glen Dove - he is in Baldwin and he tapes the entire thing and you take it with you - While I still believe, after my reading I had doubts (a little) however I have listed over and over to the tape many times and while I do think some things are added there are things he never could have known --- In John Edwards 1st book he actually explains how he does what he does, and he doesn't literally see people like you or I would and I found it a great book and basis for this, however after John Edwards, every one got on the bandwagon, I do believe we are all gifted in our own ways and its learning how to use what we have - I have had this converastion with many and there are many stories I have heard that you could not make up - I think some of the questions, is we are all brought up (regarless of being Jewish, Catholic, etc) that there is a heaven and hell and if you belive in the whole John edwards speaking to the dead, there is no heaven or hell, it's another side and watch when he refers to people, they do not die, they pass over and sometimes we are all afraid to deviate from what we know - however while I have some hesitaion on occassion, i do believe there is something after - sorry for rambling

Old 05-02-2016, 09:11 PM

43 posts, read 33,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
John Edward, a Huntington native & a real Long Islander has become a multi-millionaire from his shows. What do you all think ? Can he really speak with dead people ? He used to give readings right here on LI. Friends of mine have seen him in person and swear that he has revealed seemingly impossible hidden facts about them. They are adamant that he is the real deal & (angrily ) refuse to consider any other scenario. . I realize that he is extremely astute and that he may possibly be faking all of this , but I am unsure of how he actually does it ? Is he for real ? I would truly like to imagine that he is. It would be so comforting, but I am such a skeptic at heart..... What do you think ?
It is said in forums that many many people in long island are psychic and there are many that are famous even and they are teresa caputo and john edwards and other people. In huntington where he is from do most of the people know it? Why is it there? Do you think is true and why do you think it and do you go to get reading? When you go what happens? What do you think and what do the other people think?

Old 05-02-2016, 09:40 PM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Psychics are 100% scam artists.
Not real. Phony. Fraud. Fake.
Purely for "entertainment" purposes and even that is questionable.
Especially in Suffolk County Ny.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:15 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,751,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittenhearts View Post
It is said in forums that many many people in long island are psychic and there are many that are famous even and they are teresa caputo and john edwards and other people. In huntington where he is from do most of the people know it? Why is it there? Do you think is true and why do you think it and do you go to get reading? When you go what happens? What do you think and what do the other people think?
You....brought back an 8 year old thread just because it has something to do with the hocus pocus mumbo jumo you are unduly fixated on?

You're a NECROMANCER!!!!!

And shame on me for not realizing who would of course be behind this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island