Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 10:22 AM

480 posts, read 668,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
Pretty setting! For someone who doesn't mind old wallpaper, lots of wood paneling, old kitchen and bathrooms, etc. and focuses instead on the possibilities, the location, the low taxes and large property of this well maintained, charming home, it looks to be a good buy. Price started at $429k and now at $359k it is well positioned to sell quickly!
Too bad you're not ready to make an offer now (provided you'd qualify of course).

Sounds like you went to the Open House...
Yes I went to the open house this weekend. We are not ready to buy something at that price. We loved it though and if a house like that was an option when we are ready to buy then we will definitely consider it and put in an offer.

I also looked at a house in Kings Park which you can also find on listing sites I think it was 339. It was right near a memorial baseball park I forgot the name of the street but I actually thought that area was pretty nice. The best thing right now is to learn about the areas and to see what places we would like to live and what places we would not and then to utilize that through highlighting it on a map for our home search so that we can target certain areas when listings come up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 11:00 AM

1,474 posts, read 3,056,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUEST View Post
Yes I went to the open house this weekend. We are not ready to buy something at that price. We loved it though and if a house like that was an option when we are ready to buy then we will definitely consider it and put in an offer.

I also looked at a house in Kings Park which you can also find on listing sites I think it was 339. It was right near a memorial baseball park I forgot the name of the street but I actually thought that area was pretty nice. The best thing right now is to learn about the areas and to see what places we would like to live and what places we would not and then to utilize that through highlighting it on a map for our home search so that we can target certain areas when listings come up.

So right now you are not only wasting the time of the awesome LI Forum contributors, but ALSO real estate agents and home sellers????? Do you even realize how horrible that is???? If you are not in a position to make an offer you shouldn't be wasting people's time like that. Disgraceful and a high school mentality. How would you like it if someone wanted to talk to you about DJ'ing a party in a few weeks, but you got stuck talking to someone who wasn't ready to hire a DJ for two years AND you lost the potential client you could've been helping immediately? Cause that's what you are doing. Grow up.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:40 PM

480 posts, read 668,946 times
Moderators. Nancy, read the post above. Defamation and finger pointing/making fun of others. How is his post about homes? Seriously bro?

Old 09-22-2014, 01:59 PM

8,679 posts, read 11,069,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBitterness View Post
So right now you are not only wasting the time of the awesome LI Forum contributors, but ALSO real estate agents and home sellers????? Do you even realize how horrible that is???? If you are not in a position to make an offer you shouldn't be wasting people's time like that. Disgraceful and a high school mentality. How would you like it if someone wanted to talk to you about DJ'ing a party in a few weeks, but you got stuck talking to someone who wasn't ready to hire a DJ for two years AND you lost the potential client you could've been helping immediately? Cause that's what you are doing. Grow up.
pretty typical to have a lot of tire kickers in an OH. Personally I think it is fair game. If he were to set up an appointment with no intention of buying, then I would agree with the statement. The comments were amusing though

Old 09-22-2014, 02:03 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,961,031 times
Quote:
Moderators. Nancy, read the post above. Defamation and finger pointing/making fun of others. How is his post about homes? Seriously bro?
While that may be true, you yourself hijacked this thread for your attention, which should also be flagged.

Though I am trying to see where you read defamation. Is it the part where he said 'high school mentality'? Because that's the only place I see it, and you have used that terms in at LEAST a dozen replies.

And it is not your place to question the moderators.

Also, he is not your bro.

Old 09-22-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
pretty typical to have a lot of tire kickers in an OH. Personally I think it is fair game. If he were to set up an appointment with no intention of buying, then I would agree with the statement. The comments were amusing though

He's not kicking tires though. He doesn't even have his drivers license yet (metaphorically speaking). He even admitted on another thread that he is making all these posts to try and win the $500 contest. Now he is wasting professional's time. It's insane.

Old 09-22-2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge1114 View Post
While that may be true, you yourself hijacked this thread for your attention, which should also be flagged.

Though I am trying to see where you read defamation. Is it the part where he said 'high school mentality'? Because that's the only place I see it, and you have used that terms in at LEAST a dozen replies.

And it is not your place to question the moderators.

Also, he is not your bro.
If he was my bro he wouldn't be allowed near my family. Defamation is funny. To misquote a famous line "He cant handle the truth".

Old 09-22-2014, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Violins are playing

Old 09-23-2014, 07:49 AM

715 posts, read 1,233,600 times
I just feel bad for the OP. Seemed like they were looking for advice and a thread gets hi-jacked.

Personally, I loved East Northport when I lived there. Wish I had the money to buy a place there, but when we learned what the taxes were on some of the ranches (12K??), we knew it wasn't plausible for us.

Old 09-23-2014, 11:59 AM

25 posts, read 38,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okellies View Post
I just feel bad for the OP. Seemed like they were looking for advice and a thread gets hi-jacked.

Personally, I loved East Northport when I lived there. Wish I had the money to buy a place there, but when we learned what the taxes were on some of the ranches (12K??), we knew it wasn't plausible for us.
That's ok, still got some good info out of it!

Does anyone have insights on the areas south of Pulaski, north of Clay Pitts and East of Larkfield? Over by the middle school / 5th ave school? We didn't drive around there and google maps has it blocked off from street view for some reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island