Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 08:54 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,450,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
anyone can sue. Can they win?

Weather is an act of god. Its hard to prove gross negligence as well.
My cheapskate neighbor had his tree overhanging my other neighbors and it would bang against her gutter as wind blew. She asked him several times to trim it as he is only in his 50s and has two sons in his 20s and she is an old lady.

He refused to do it himself or to hire someone. In Irene the tree broke off her gutter, ripped off pieces of siding and finally giant branch of tree fell on her side.

He had to file insurance claims and pay a deductible. Guy originally told Neighbor to put it through her insurance, until he found out her oldest daughter who does not live at home has an Ivy league law degree and was going to represent her Mom for free.

Then he was whining to me he is out a $500 deductible,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 09:04 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Jumping squirrels causing damage to his roof? Does your neighbor live in a gingerbread house or a straw one?

LOL...exactly. That's the silliest thing I've ever heard.

Unless the squirrels are, you know, plump?

Old 09-18-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
My cheapskate neighbor had his tree overhanging my other neighbors and it would bang against her gutter as wind blew. She asked him several times to trim it as he is only in his 50s and has two sons in his 20s and she is an old lady.

He refused to do it himself or to hire someone. In Irene the tree broke off her gutter, ripped off pieces of siding and finally giant branch of tree fell on her side.

He had to file insurance claims and pay a deductible. Guy originally told Neighbor to put it through her insurance, until he found out her oldest daughter who does not live at home has an Ivy league law degree and was going to represent her Mom for free.

Then he was whining to me he is out a $500 deductible,
You're comparing apples to oranges. The OP is about squirrels that utilize the tree as transportation to his roof, which must be made out of parchment paper if a 1 pound squirrel is causing damage.

The tree itself isn't causing damage to the house.

Quite frankly, I don't even think this OP is real.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:13 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,886,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Jumping squirrels causing damage to his roof? Does your neighbor live in a gingerbread house or a straw one?
Squirrels are vicious when they want to be. Don't let the fur fool you. It's obviously the way they get onto the roof that the complaint is about. And then they do their damage with biting (the underside and engine bay of my car was a victim too). I later found out it was pregnant and looking for someplace warm for the babies. But it did a lot of costly damage in there trying to make a home.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:26 AM

8,695 posts, read 11,084,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post

Quite frankly, I don't even think this OP is real.
lol

Old 09-18-2014, 10:04 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,161,099 times
Only on LI City Data!!! I think Ive seen it all.

Thanks for the laugh.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:13 AM

2,605 posts, read 3,403,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
Squirrels are vicious when they want to be. Don't let the fur fool you. It's obviously the way they get onto the roof that the complaint is about. And then they do their damage with biting (the underside and engine bay of my car was a victim too). I later found out it was pregnant and looking for someplace warm for the babies. But it did a lot of costly damage in there trying to make a home.
I'm with you. Before I bought a house I used to love squirrels. I thought they were cute and cuddly. But after I bought a house my opinion has totally changed. They have torn up my lawn, destroyed several pants and ruined my small garden. The little SOB's are nothing but a nuisance.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
I'm with you. Before I bought a house I used to love squirrels. I thought they were cute and cuddly. But after I bought a house my opinion has totally changed. They have torn up my lawn, destroyed several pants and ruined my small garden. The little SOB's are nothing but a nuisance.
Squirrels got in your pants?!?!

Old 09-18-2014, 10:35 AM

2,605 posts, read 3,403,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Squirrels got in your pants?!?!
AHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!!! I meant to say plants but forgot the "L". I don't think I'm going to change it. Too funny.
Ahh man great catch.

Old 09-18-2014, 11:07 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,890,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
I agree. Don't get what is so hard to understand about a squirrel damaging a roof. Perhaps it has worked its way into tbe soffits or even Inside the framing. Raccoons can also use the limbs as a bridge. Also if the branches are that close eventually they will be on the roof causing the damage themselves. To the OP though, it's not your responsibility but, if your neighbor is unable to do the work or hire someone and you are able and do like the tree perhaps its best to help out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: