Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 02:33 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialp View Post
It is a poor location for a place like CVS. And as a matter of fact yes, I do not want McDonald's, Walgreens or the like on a main street that has existed for over 100 years. If I liked giant strip malls filled with formulaic chains, I would move to the south. CVS would be fine on route 25. St James has a lot of character with the main street and I frequent many of the businesses whom know me by name. And it is not like there are not other business on Lake Ave that already provide everything CVS provides. There are a subset of people that would love to live in a gated community with a Super WalMart nearby but I am not one of them and nor are many people in the community. I chose to live here due to the walkability and community.
This is so ridiculous. The proposed location is 2.43 miles from the CVS on East Main Street, 2.68 miles from the CVS on Terry Road, and a whopping 2.97 miles from CVS on Smithtown Blvd in Nesconset.

Aside from CVS flooding the local market, the property in question is too small to accommodate the large store and required parking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2014, 05:14 PM

755 posts, read 1,080,411 times
Cvs won't stop me from going to Spages. But thanks for the headsup.

Wish we got a heads up before that yumi spa came in. Tons of nail salons on the street already. When I see Spa that is Asian own, I'm afraid of those flushing places that offer special services. Now that would ruin a neighborhood.

Old 10-15-2014, 05:37 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,066,134 times
One of those Asian Foot Massage places opened in my area. It lasted two months before the cops realized their version of a foot was located in the middle of the body.

Old 10-15-2014, 05:55 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,225,137 times
Where can I go to show my support for the opening of this CVS?

Old 10-15-2014, 10:56 PM

99 posts, read 272,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedFloridian View Post
Where can I go to show my support for the opening of this CVS?

Well no CVS supporters showed up and it was standing room at meeting with planning board recommending denial of their rezoning of a RESIDENTIAL lot to a CVS. Way to go residents of St James! You can see the video of it here Meeting Calendar - Town of Smithtown,Smithtown NY under October 15th "video" The firestorm against CVS starts at 1 hr in. Seems trolls don't come out in real life.

Old 10-16-2014, 04:59 AM

2,033 posts, read 3,208,196 times
I for one am sick of all the CVS & the many other chains opening up...ANYWHERE!! Close to schools & homes.

Old 10-16-2014, 07:23 AM

622 posts, read 853,114 times
THey will not stop until there's a CVS or Walgreens on every corner. At least you know you'll never be more than 5 minutes away to fill your pain-killer and anti-depressant prescriptions.

Old 10-16-2014, 07:34 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,449,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak0lantern01 View Post
SandyJet - You sound like a troll stirring the pot. Am I right? Are you familiar with this location? Are you aware it will be across the street from a church and probably wipe out half the small businesses on that strip? It's just an inappropriate spot for CVS to open shop, we have enough in the area already.

A church is a great location for a CVS.So many times I have been in church, need diapers, brides need new pantyhose, tissues for wakes, stuff for PTA and CCD.

Any most small businesses are tax evaders anyhow who pay workers peanuts. My old residence the commerical plot that that had been empty for 20 years right next to residentail houses and may 100 feet from my place became a CVS and folks protested. I LOVED IT, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week access to milk, eggs, papers, perscriptions, medicine all at good prices in a clean safe place. LOVE IT and I have TWO CVS less than one mile from me and three 7/11's LOVE it.

BTW Pharmists love CVS they usually offer a buy out to local store. My local Pharmcy was dirty and dumpy and owner sold his customer list ot CVS when they moved next door and agreed to work there at a good salary in the union with benefits and closed his money losing place and was extremely happy,

NOW I NEED A SHAKE SHAKE

Old 10-16-2014, 08:31 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,225,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
I for one am sick of all the CVS & the many other chains opening up...ANYWHERE!! Close to schools & homes.
What does that have to do with anything? They're not crack dens.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:11 AM

880 posts, read 2,025,096 times
CVS opened a new store this past sunday in West Sayville
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island