Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 06:34 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,208,811 times

Advertisements

In case anyone is looking for something a bit different this Halloween season take a look at RISE of the Jack O'Lanterns. It is at Old Westbury Gardens. Looks amazing! Hope to go Thursday evening if weather permits. Friend showed me pics today & video! They had some pretty awesome displays. Think tickets are $26 but they do have a link on the site itself that sends a promo code to you via e-mail. Select times are 30-50% off.

She has 3 boys & they loved it so much they are going again this week. They said the pumpkins decay so they get replaced & display will be a little different from last week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2014, 06:57 PM

291 posts, read 336,266 times
Foam pumpkin carvings for $26. Meh.

Old 10-26-2014, 07:08 PM

Where did you get foam! They are real pumpkins! It is incredible display!

Old 10-26-2014, 07:34 PM

2,605 posts, read 3,403,359 times
I was there. It was lame, short and way over priced. $26 to see some pumpkin carving? It was over in less than a half hour. What a waste of time and money.

Why anyone would want to go back is beyond me. It's not like you are going to see anything different. Save your money people.

Old 10-26-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
I was there. It was lame, short and way over priced. $26 to see some pumpkin carving? It was over in less than a half hour. What a waste of time and money.

Why anyone would want to go back is beyond me. It's not like you are going to see anything different. Save your money people.
That's just your opinion. The music & all I feel it is very well put together. To each their own. Have not heard 1 negative remark yet. Yours is the 1st! All the kids I spoke to are loving it. With the discount code it is only $13 & well worth it for someone who likes things like this. Better than the same old haunted houses.

By the way displays are evolving as when pumpkins decay another one replaces it. The artists creating these pieces or art are extremely talented. Some people appreciate good talent. I do.

Last edited by loribell38; 10-26-2014 at 09:16 PM..

Old 10-26-2014, 08:50 PM

2,605 posts, read 3,403,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
That's just your opinion. The music & all I feel it is very well put together. To each their own. Have not heard 1 negative remark yet. Yours is the 1st! All the kids I spoke to are loving it. With the discount code it is only $13 & well worth it for someone who likes things like this. Better than the same old haunted houses.

You are probably the type that would also be pessimistic if someone should recommend Universal Studios Halloween Horror nights in Orlando! Which is awesome!

By the way displays are evolving as when pumpkins decay another one replaces it. The artists creating these pieces or art are extremely talented. I'd like to see you create even the worst one there. Some people appreciate good talent. I do.
Ok whatever. I find your overly defensive attitude towards my opinion of this event suspicious and a bit pathetic. You took it personally. Like someone that works for this event or if I offended you because I didn't like it. Then you started making assumptions about me.

You don't like my opinion about this event then too bad. I didn't say anything about you or your character because you enjoyed it. Moderator cut: rude comments removed

Last edited by nancy thereader; 10-27-2014 at 01:19 PM..

Old 10-26-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Ok whatever. I find your overly defensive attitude towards my opinion of this event suspicious and a bit pathetic. You took it personally. Like someone that works for this event or if I offended you because I didn't like it. Then you started making assumptions about me.

You don't like my opinion about this event then too bad. I didn't say anything about you or your character because you enjoyed it.
Sorry after reading what I wrote realized I went overboard. Just that there are so many people on here attacking other posters lately...it kind of ets out of hand.

That aside hope many people can might appreciate this nice display. Love the dinosaur display. Can't wait to see it in person.

Last edited by Keeper; 10-28-2014 at 02:04 PM..

Old 10-26-2014, 09:26 PM

302 posts, read 590,750 times
I also went to this, thought it was creative and interesting, but was pretty disappointed at how short it was. For $26pp? No freaking way! They should charge no more than $10 for that display... I heard the upstate one is cheaper and more impressive. Like everything else on Long Island... Overpriced for mediocre returns.

Old 10-26-2014, 09:29 PM

291 posts, read 336,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
Where did you get foam! They are real pumpkins! It is incredible display!
You haven't been. How do you know?

Old 10-26-2014, 09:34 PM

Everyone I know that went used the discount code & only paid $13 each. Many people don't know about that availability that's why I mentioned it. Everything on LI is overpriced so true. The Universal Studios Halloween Horror in Orlando was very expensive but at least there we had whole night & even get to go on all the rides as well so that was worth it. Neighbors with 3 kids said took them about an hour to walk through. They took their time with the kids and enjoyed & took pics. That may make a difference for some people as kids enjoy stuff like this more most of the time. Nothing like seeing smiles on your kids faces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island