Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 06:21 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,863,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
My friend lived in one of those co-ops on Hamilton Place off Franklin Ave and every weekend she observed used condoms in the street and parking lots
Sounds like Panama Beach during spring break! LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 06:26 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,519,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoyonLI View Post
No, it's probably a duck.

So I guess you profile people by their skin color rather than getting to know them. That's your right, but I don't judge a whole town or race that way. I'm not scared to drive through Hempstead, or Wyandanch, or Roosevelt or any town you probably deem beneath you. I've done it thousands of times and have never had a problem. I can't imagine living my life scared. I'm 79 and too old for such nonsense.

There's bad people in every town, from Hempstead to Muttontown. But you keep walking to the other side of the street when you're scared. I feel it's a sad way to live.
We all must develop models for navigating the world around us out of necessity. Despite its flighty cosmic appeal, no human being has the time or ability to “judge a man by the content of his character.” We often learn previously unknown aspects of character for those closest to us years later. And yet we are supposed to perform this ludicrous evaluation for every interaction? It’s such an absurdity that America could do nothing else.

Should we be walking around this ghetto at night?

Well that question can’t be answered until we have determined the residents’ individual characters. Come on, let’s go quiz them!”

Old 11-23-2014, 07:31 PM

148 posts, read 248,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood16 View Post
I drove through there on Election day and there were swarms of teenage thugs throwing rocks at cars on Front Street wearing gang colors. Parents are no where to be seen. Do you even care where your kids are?
It's kind of hard to care from prison

Old 11-24-2014, 01:20 PM

138 posts, read 164,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoyonLI View Post
Terrible comment. Blatantly racist.
Hahaha too funny. You said you're 79, well it's clear reality has passed you by. You also claim in your other thread that commack high school is a dump because there's drugs in the school. Please name me one school in the USA that doesn't have drugs in it.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:13 PM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
Any rioting and lootin' over there due to the Ferguson stuff?

Old 01-24-2015, 07:45 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,500,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
all those school zone speed cameras are there to ensure NCPD keeps their handsome 6 figures+++ and pension - so where the heck are they??

The NCPD doesn't patrol Hempstead, genius!

Old 01-24-2015, 07:47 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,500,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unctorious View Post
What part of Front Street, and what time of day? I drive through Hempstead nearly everyday and have never seen something so flagrant, though a few young boys (~10 years old I think) threw something at my car once and I turned to see them running and laughing.
Where Bojangles (or some chicken wing joint) and Burger King are located.

Old 01-25-2015, 04:28 PM

6 posts, read 18,163 times
Wow unbelievable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island