Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 12:27 PM

198 posts, read 252,422 times

Advertisements

Guys, I need a little help here,
If you had a choice which one would you pick to raise a family in ..
What are the advantages/disadvantage of each?

Thank you
Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 01:08 PM

6 posts, read 10,204 times
That's a tough one. I have family in both areas. I personally love Northport Village and the community there - but Centerport has Harborfields - which is a great school district. Northport-East Northport is very good but Harborfields often comes out close to the top on lists of LI school districts. You can always live in Centerport and take full advantage of Northport Village. Hope that helps some. 😃

Old 03-12-2015, 07:59 PM

402 posts, read 518,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheretogoLI View Post
That's a tough one. I have family in both areas. I personally love Northport Village and the community there - but Centerport has Harborfields - which is a great school district. Northport-East Northport is very good but Harborfields often comes out close to the top on lists of LI school districts. You can always live in Centerport and take full advantage of Northport Village. Hope that helps some. ��
Agree with the above ... Personally, i think Centerport is more desireable in terms of resale value.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:05 PM

1,919 posts, read 7,109,989 times
I am in both areas often and also looked in both areas. Hmmm. I find NPT Village to have more long time residents who never left, stayed to raise a family, etc vs new comers, whereas CPT has many new families from anywhere/all over. Also NPT Village is very touristy at times, and super crowded, so it's not where I would want to live. But to visit? Drive 2 mins from CPT and go there as often as you like. Both SD are fine in my book so no comment on that.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:06 PM

1,919 posts, read 7,109,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thgreatalex View Post
Agree with the above ... Personally, i think Centerport is more desireable in terms of resale value.

Nah. Both are the same, so that's a non issue.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:22 AM

198 posts, read 252,422 times
Thanks for all the input ...
Just trying to make sure I am not making a big mistake by going with Centerport. Stressing out and remorsing about the decision But at this point I am signed so there is no going back I guess.

Old 03-13-2015, 02:31 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,990,041 times
We are in the same boat. We just signed for Centerport, because we wanted Harborfields. But I was driving through today and having buyer's remorse. The harbor is nice...but there's nothing there! The whole area is no man's land, unless you count a couple of strip stores in East Northport. I currently live in PJ Village, and need to leave for commuting purposes. It's night and day.

Old 03-13-2015, 05:19 PM

225 posts, read 318,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeroz View Post
Guys, I need a little help here,
If you had a choice which one would you pick to raise a family in ..
What are the advantages/disadvantage of each?

Thank you
Mike
You must be very careful in northport because it is known that there has been satanism in the school there and people here have said that there is witchcraft and other occult worships. There used to be a witch store in nirthport. It is said the ricky kasso killed a boy in the aztecca woods in northport in suffolk county, ny for human sacrifice and that he told the boy to say he loved satin when he killed him.

Nothport is in suffolk county, ny and it is located bvery close to mt. misery is huntington in suffolk county, ny also. Mt. misery is vary famous for being haunted and where many things can happen.

Last edited by AngelzLuv; 03-13-2015 at 06:24 PM..

Old 03-13-2015, 06:14 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,990,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelzLuv View Post
You must be very careful in northport because it is known that there has been satanism in the school there and people here have said that there is witchcraft and other occult worships. There used to be a witch store in nirthport. It is said the ricky kasso killed a boy in the aztecca woods in northport in suffolk county, ny for human sacrifice and that he told the boy to say he loved satin when he killed him. Do you know about this? I think that this is very upsetting and it makes me worry. you know about similar stories? I never thought about asking the diocese before and I will send them an email about it.

Nothport is in suffolk county, ny and it is located bvery close to mt. misery is huntington in suffolk county, ny also. Mt. misery is vary famous for being haunted and where many things can happen.
Please don't go around spreading junky gossip like this. There's no Satanism in Northport. Ricky was a disturbed boy. Mental illness shouldn't be mocked.

Old 03-13-2015, 06:33 PM

225 posts, read 318,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingAMommy View Post
Please don't go around spreading junky gossip like this. There's no Satanism in Northport. Ricky was a disturbed boy. Mental illness shouldn't be mocked.
It is true and you can read about it in google. It was done for sacrifice. Also there is witchcraft there and there are witch stores and occult stores and it still happens there.
Wizards - East Northport, NY | Yelp

They also teach children about witches in the school there and there are articles about it. This is a bout teaching children about witches in elwood school which is nearby.
Witches and Bears Come to Life at Elwood School | Northport, NY Patch

Also if the Aztecca Woods are still there it probably is not good to go there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island