Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 11:09 PM

401 posts, read 944,529 times

Advertisements

Just because it's on the internet doesn't make it real.

Old 05-30-2015, 07:13 AM

20 posts, read 24,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelzLuv View Post
Who knows about this? I did alot of reading in google and there is a lot about witchcraft and the occult that happens in sayvilles, in suffolk county, NY.

There is an active witches coven there called drawing the circle and people can go to classes these to learn about witchcraft and how to do spells and the occult. They have witch services on sunday when other people go to church:
Drawing The Circle Productions INC | Bringing People Together with Spirit

Who knows about this? Is it mostly known by the people in suffolk county, ny or is it mostly secret? It is in google so it is probably well known. Who has been there or goes there and to these classes and to services? What happens there? Do people bring children and why do they bring them? They do reiki spells. Please help answer my questions.

There are witch stores there
Pagan shops in Sayville - Long Island paganism | Examiner.com

Also The TV show about Sabrina The Teenager Witch is about sayville and the girl from the show grew up there and the show is about her life:
Melissa Joan Hart in Sayville Childhood Biography
High School Cheerleader murdered in Demonic Ceremony

Who else knows about this? Who lives in sayville and what is it like?
Technically it is a religion - a group of like minded individuals that tap into their inner resources and possibly cause things to happen with their mindfulness. Basically they believe in using paranormal energy.

The occult has always been of interest -charmed, supernatural, once upon a time, witches circle, good witch etc. so people are just more curious about it now - tons of money in successful shows and books about the paranormal and mystical, magical creatures - authors coming out with them in droves hoping to have the next great success.

Meanwhile so many are lost in their traditional religions - scandals knock the faith out of them - so they look, learn, experiment - many different branches.

Old 05-30-2015, 11:25 AM

622 posts, read 852,779 times
Quote:
No I dont live there and I AM NOT A WITCH. I visit sometimes in melville. I am not intregued I just want to know about it because it concerns me. I dont experience paranormal activity and there isnt any where I live except for some places but there is no place like mt. misery and where many things can happen. I read about suffolk county, ny in google and people tell me about it and I know that it is known for witch covens and satanism ritulas. When I visit there I get bad sensations and I have been to some of the haunted mansions there. I will not go to mt. misery and I do not want to go to northport but I have visited there too. But many people live there and people in my family live there and I want to know more about it because I dont know if it is well known or if it is more secretive. I am afraid of things happening. I do not have children but I worry about these things influencing children there.
Yes, I too have feelings of dread... every December... right around the area by my mailbox... when my property tax bill arrives.

Old 06-01-2015, 11:14 AM

225 posts, read 317,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellygirl24 View Post
When you visit here and get bad sensations, why do you come back?
My family is there and I visit but I don;t like it and I worry for them if this is happening.

Old 06-01-2015, 05:45 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,406,825 times
Quote:
My family is there and I visit but I don;t like it and I worry for them if this is happening.
Were you born on LI? You shouldn't worry so much, you are more likely to get shot, stabbed or robbed than have a paranormal experience.

Old 02-17-2016, 09:08 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,339,046 times
None of this happens in West Sayville. They have Rosemary planted along the borders which is why they're safe.

Old 02-18-2016, 12:11 AM

163 posts, read 273,355 times
This is the most entertaining post in CD to date!

Old 02-18-2016, 07:33 AM

217 posts, read 247,001 times
My sister just moved to Sayville so I can GUARANTEE there is at least one witch living there now.

Old 02-18-2016, 01:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,456 times
I do hope you've received recent info regarding wicca from somewhere else in the meantime. I'm not familiar with the Sayville area but I can almost guarantee that this is not devil worship. It's simply an old religion that got a bad name because people didn't understand it. Before you jump to conclusions find facts. We have freedom of religion in this country and just because it's different does not mean it's bad. Wiccian's are usually kind caring people. I was almost homeless once and a wonderful kind woman took me into her home to live for as long as I needed. I only met her once before. I lived with her for 7 months and learned about what being a witch today meant. Through her I met many others. They're not really different. Open your mind and learn about them. I guarantee there are quite a few more than you thought there were.

Old 02-18-2016, 03:08 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,406,825 times
Oye vay! I was hoping no one would resurrect this nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island