Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 12:43 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,998,053 times

Advertisements

BLM demanding more free stuff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2015, 12:55 PM

4,676 posts, read 9,998,603 times
Mall is the dumbest place to try an armed robbery. You need a stand alone store with street frontage and a getaway car!

Old 12-22-2015, 01:23 PM

1,184 posts, read 720,980 times
Is the mall a gun free zone?

Old 12-22-2015, 01:57 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,890,648 times
we were just in there yesterday... first time this year.

Old 12-22-2015, 02:12 PM

8,697 posts, read 11,089,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
we were just in there yesterday... first time this year.
funny, I was there yesterday about 2pm....traffic seemed like weekend levels of horrid

Old 12-22-2015, 03:26 PM

20,937 posts, read 28,443,988 times
This is why I shop online. I don't have to worry about someone pushing and shoving me or worry about long lines and gun shots. Happy Holidays.

Old 12-22-2015, 04:13 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,410,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
This is why I shop online. I don't have to worry about someone pushing and shoving me or worry about long lines and gun shots. Happy Holidays.
Enjoy your bubble.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:26 PM

320 posts, read 283,354 times
My friends on facebook and instagram are overlaying the colors of the Nassau county flag on their profile pictures. Is anyone here doing it too or have seen lady blue and orange on their feeds since the massacre?

12/22, never forget
Vindicate vinny, he did whats best

Come to think about it, if Vinny was at the mall today I guarantee he would of saved the day. Its the truth

Last edited by Spodi90; 12-22-2015 at 09:42 PM..

Old 12-23-2015, 12:42 AM

2,940 posts, read 8,325,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
funny, I was there yesterday about 2pm....traffic seemed like weekend levels of horrid
Between the usual holiday shopping traffic & this incident buses were running up to 60 minutes behind schedule. The mall was closed off for a time, pretty much like a big spoke in the Nassau hub came to a standstill! The roads in Westbury were all jammed up this afternoon. Not that unusual for the days before Christmas though, opt for walking or the train because the roads weren't moving.
One difference I have been noticing though is more obnoxious motorists though, the honking is ridiculous, people seem extra rude at this time of year (contrary to what SHOULD be happening).
LI becomes more & more of a circus with each holiday season. Add in police cuts (NCPD is a rare sight these days), warm weather, and a greater gap between the rich & poor and you got skyrocketing crime.
I don't get why ppl crowd the malls, seems to be a stressful experience that is best avoided by shopping online.
People have seemed to have lost the true meaning of Christmas, the materialism is just out of control here on the island. All my wishes for Christmas can't be bought with money.

Old 12-23-2015, 10:26 AM

8,697 posts, read 11,089,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
Between the usual holiday shopping traffic & this incident buses were running up to 60 minutes behind schedule. The mall was closed off for a time, pretty much like a big spoke in the Nassau hub came to a standstill! The roads in Westbury were all jammed up this afternoon. Not that unusual for the days before Christmas though, opt for walking or the train because the roads weren't moving.
One difference I have been noticing though is more obnoxious motorists though, the honking is ridiculous, people seem extra rude at this time of year (contrary to what SHOULD be happening).
LI becomes more & more of a circus with each holiday season. Add in police cuts (NCPD is a rare sight these days), warm weather, and a greater gap between the rich & poor and you got skyrocketing crime.
I don't get why ppl crowd the malls, seems to be a stressful experience that is best avoided by shopping online.
People have seemed to have lost the true meaning of Christmas, the materialism is just out of control here on the island. All my wishes for Christmas can't be bought with money.
During the holidays, a lot of aggressive drivers and clueless drivers. I saw about 5 fender benders the other day.

Good thing I take some back roads around that mess. I don't do xmas gift shopping at the mall but I do need to refill my fridge for the holiday week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island