Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 09:10 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,825,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
NIFA rejected the budget calling for a revision later than next Monday with either $36 million in cuts or revenue increases to fix the budget gap. If they don't come up with a plan NIFA deems workable by then, they will impose their own cuts

The GOP Legislature also filed a bill to increase the Tax Map Verification Fee (part of the Recording Charges for Mortgages) from $225 to $355. This fee was $75 a year ago... It was raised from $75 to $225 to fill this year's budget gaps.
I love it...the usual veiled threat..."we'll have to cut kid's programs."

Maybe cut the feeding trough welfare program...starting with Mangano, Foskey, Walker, Ward and Gonsalves.

The voters will fix it. Kate Murray is looking for work. augghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2016, 09:58 AM

8,695 posts, read 11,084,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I'm not trying to beat up on the cops, but they really need to enforce traffic laws more aggressively.
I've noticed a night and day difference out east compared to Nassau.
curious, which specifically? I always see them doling out speeding tickets on 495, NSP, MBP, etc. I seen them camping out certain stop signs by schools. There isn't a whole lot of pedestrian acccidents since many LIer don't walk....so I'm not sure if it that is problematic.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:07 PM

20,050 posts, read 20,861,844 times
They are much more active out east, once you get past probably Medford/64 they are constantly present or have someone on the side of the road. The town police out east do a great job as well, Riverhead, Southold, they don't mess around.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:16 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,537,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
curious, which specifically? I always see them doling out speeding tickets on 495, NSP, MBP, etc. I seen them camping out certain stop signs by schools. There isn't a whole lot of pedestrian acccidents since many LIer don't walk....so I'm not sure if it that is problematic.
In southwest Nassau, much of which is walkable, where I live we have a a lot of pedestrian accidents.

Old 12-01-2016, 05:41 PM

8,695 posts, read 11,084,011 times
^If there is excessive accidents, there is a record. Typically the intersection will get consideration for a stop sign or a signal light. If it's bad, the local police typically camps out there to give out tickets. I remember a PO once told me he gave over 80 tickets in a day on a local road in southeast Nassau county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island