Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2017, 05:42 PM

280 posts, read 286,609 times

Advertisements

Nassau county legislator Arnold W. Drucker just ran away from me when I suggested to him that regressive taxes were out of control. I never saw someone run away, and run away from responsibility, so fast in my life.

Sell your property in Nassau County as fast as you can folks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2017, 08:07 PM

20,050 posts, read 20,855,965 times
You should've tackled him.

Old 03-26-2017, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
You should've tackled him.
Frankly, I was astounded that a guy in the middle of a conversation would have the nerve to turn his back and run away. RUN. Tar and feathers would have been too good for that idiot. (and yes he was truly a challenged individual)

Old 03-27-2017, 05:32 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,520,065 times
I love stories like this which always omit the behavior which elicits the reaction.

Old 03-27-2017, 06:21 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,825,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
I love stories like this which always omit the behavior which elicits the reaction.
Agreed. Even a little detail would lend some credibility.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:18 PM

983 posts, read 725,277 times
Yikes! His face screams "i am corrupt"!
Anyway, at least he was there to be found...

Old 03-28-2017, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
There is not much "behavior" to explain..

I shook his hand in a public setting in a fund raiser and said (in very low and civil tones), "nice to meet you. it is a big concern that regressive taxes are out of control in Nassau county; with taxes outstripping the income and assets of many of the residents in the county.. Case in point property taxes and the $50 ticket plus $100 fee on red light camera tickets" His response was that he saved the residents of the county money by rejecting the $150 surcharge originally suggested. By his logic he saved folks $50 by enacting a $100 fee on red light camera tickets! instead of a $150 fee.I wanted to point out more regressive taxes but off he went at warp speed.

The guy was faster than the road runner, and more wily than Wily-e-Coyote.

As he was running away I chided him with "good job" (in medium tones which did not grab the attention of folks nearby at the fund raising event) My tone was civil and professional and I did not press the issue.

Two nearby off duty cops (hired security guards) watched the whole discussion and they were laughing their ass off after I commented to them that I never saw a politician run away so fast in my life. One said, "that he had seen faster politicians."

The fellow, Arnold W. Drucker, is a cretin of the worst order; I don't think he knows what a regressive tax is.

Prior to his elevation in the party (crime family), Drucker was appointed as a Nassau Community College Trustee <--eg put into that position by an insider democratic party crook(s) who he then owes fealty to forever. His predecessor Judy Jacobs used to listen to folks.. she too had a sweet job (not much work for your nice salary job) in a major health system (that helps to connect the biggest health system, the health system now absorbing most private medical practices into a monopoly, right into Nassau county politics in a giant conflict of interest quid pro quo). Its all about being a republican or democratic crook and insider. It really does not matter if you are democratic or republican as long as you are connected in the fealty system that is the patronage and payoff food chain.

In contrast, I also met (and talked with) the new Oyster Bay Supervisor Joseph Saladino who replaced one of the Venditto crooks that mortgaged the TOB and is now under federal indictment along with his buddy Ed Mangano.

I asked Saladino (a former NYS assemblyman, working his way up the criminal food chain that is NYS politics) how he was going to address corruption in local governance. Saladino responded that he is putting more internal controls into place such as dividing responsibility for contracts and check signing. Saladino is a nice guy but he is no rocket scientist. NOTICE HE DID NOT RUN AWAY and he had a solution to the problem.

To rig things in my favor I recently hired a lawyer in the Suozzi law firm. The lawyer in the Suozzi firm is smart (and expensive) but more importantly he is connected! A random lawyer would not stand a chance because Nassau outdoes Texas when it comes to Texas Justice. (no justice at all unless you know somebody).

I have contacts with several former local and county highly placed civil servants who can all attest to the corruption. A former county controller and now a local controller stated that he cannot get rid of any of the corruption because he would have to deal with legal and political push back.

My buddie was the controller of a mid-sized city in NJ and had his life ruined because he exposed corruption. His boss (the newly elected mayor of the city) wanted him to release city funds to friends and family. When he refused he had his brake cables cut, was threatened, had a run in with the FBI (who wanted to squeeze him to get at bigger fish that he rubbed elbows with), had to hide in a different country, and had to endure having his name ruined in the NY Times. There is no fighting systemic corruption.

Bottom line, most of the folks I speak to that work in the bowels of Nassau county would agree that Nassau County (and NYS) is crookeder than your dog's hind leg. Come to think of it Nassau County is a sewer itself with totally depreciated and malfunctioning sewer plants (see East Rockaway or the turd balls that wash up on the Beach in TOB.)

Nassau has been incompetently run by crooks back to the 1970's (and even further back in time) with Thomas S. Gulotta and Al D'Amato (who folks in Island Park were proud to call "our crook." It is the way NYS is run; local government is the training ground for state government which is the training ground for federal government. It is a food chain of crookedness.

Folks are going to be taxed to death (because of political crime and mismanagement) long before the corruption burns itself out.

NYS and LI is so bad you have to be nuts to buy real estate as you are enabling crime by politician. PLUS you are going to have to pay taxes to cover decades of accumulated corruption, crime, insider dealing, incompetence, and mismanagement. It took tons of guys at the FBI (and millions of dollars) and at the US AG's office to get Silver, Bruno, Skelos, Mangano and a few others. They don't have the resources to purge systemic corruption so they go after a few big targets. They would need to purge every school district, every civil servant, and every elected official in a myriad of local governments. The only thing you can do about decades of corruption, graft, and incompetence is sell your house, certainly don't buy a house in NY, NJ or LI.

Last edited by martinx; 03-28-2017 at 11:01 PM..

Old 03-29-2017, 05:46 PM

The same legislator Arnold W. Drucker was photoed by Newsday on a empty NICE bus; to prove the point that the county is spending money on its soon to be defunct (totally anemic and lame but overly costly) outsourced bus system. That guy is an idiot of the first order.. Doofus.

Nassau needs public transport; and better road flow.. Too bad doofuses like Drucker and Mangano are running this **** show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island