Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2008, 02:12 PM

148 posts, read 556,925 times

Advertisements

Any opinions on Sachem School district?

Sachem North or East?

How about all the different towns? Are any better than the others? How about affordability and neighborhood quality for around 350k--is that possible? Thanks for any comments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 02:31 PM

240 posts, read 1,057,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rprprprp View Post
Any opinions on Sachem School district?

Sachem North or East?

How about all the different towns? Are any better than the others? How about affordability and neighborhood quality for around 350k--is that possible? Thanks for any comments
I was just wondering, is there any reason why you don't want to look at homes in Rocky Point?

As for Sachem, the best areas to look in are Lake Grove and Nesconset. These areas would go to Sachem North.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:32 PM

148 posts, read 556,925 times
Funny you ask why not Rocky Point. We have been focusing on Rocky Point since we started looking. Notice my login is rprprp. So far we haven't found anything we have loved in our price range except for a house in the Tides area that we got outbid for. The problem we are having is that we would prefer a flat backyard. In RP that is not so easy. The taxes in Pickwick are obscene so even if the price is in our range ....... There are alot of houses in our range especially as you move eastward just havent been able to find a 3 bedroom with a somewhat flat quarter acre. I love the small town feel of RP so we are definately still keeping an eye open.
I admit we are probably too picky for our own good. Not alot of money to spend and not much skill to fix things up. We are thinking of expanding our search to Sachem but I dont know it as well as RP.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprprprp View Post
Funny you ask why not Rocky Point. We have been focusing on Rocky Point since we started looking. Notice my login is rprprp. So far we haven't found anything we have loved in our price range except for a house in the Tides area that we got outbid for. The problem we are having is that we would prefer a flat backyard. In RP that is not so easy. The taxes in Pickwick are obscene so even if the price is in our range ....... There are alot of houses in our range especially as you move eastward just havent been able to find a 3 bedroom with a somewhat flat quarter acre. I love the small town feel of RP so we are definately still keeping an eye open.
I admit we are probably too picky for our own good. Not alot of money to spend and not much skill to fix things up. We are thinking of expanding our search to Sachem but I dont know it as well as RP.
That's definitely understandable. Maybe Holbrook would be good for you? Heres a few listings I found around 350k.

MLSLI.com - Find a Home
MLSLI.com - Find a Home

Old 03-17-2008, 04:50 AM

28 posts, read 103,244 times
rprprprp: 299K in rp w/ flat yard in the tides..... HELLO!

RE/MAX Alliance :: Outstanding Agents Outstanding Results

Old 03-17-2008, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomjunkie View Post
rprprprp: 299K in rp w/ flat yard in the tides..... HELLO!

RE/MAX Alliance :: Outstanding Agents Outstanding Results
That's actually on Dandelion Road. I have no idea why it isn't selling. The street isn't that great, but it's still a great value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island