Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 08:32 AM

46 posts, read 40,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post

Nice burn

What's this about?: "Mark Chernoff, who was at the wheel when Francesa’s 9/11 tapes disappeared..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2018, 08:41 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,342,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Dumb sports.
Nope. You are supposed to phrase your answer in the form of a question.

Old 05-01-2018, 06:02 PM

2,605 posts, read 3,403,359 times
Quote:
Sports are dumb.
I would like to get your opinion on the Giants getting Barkely for their 1st round pick. You don't think it would have been a better move to pick up a QB like Darnold, Allen or even Rosen considering that Eli is getting up there in age? And if you see and reason why the Jets should have picked anyone other than Darnold please share your thought on that as well.

Old 05-01-2018, 06:28 PM

20,049 posts, read 20,861,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
I would like to get your opinion on the Giants getting Barkely for their 1st round pick. You don't think it would have been a better move to pick up a QB like Darnold, Allen or even Rosen considering that Eli is getting up there in age? And if you see and reason why the Jets should have picked anyone other than Darnold please share your thought on that as well.
Ugh. I don't even want to think about the Giants.
I'm writing a book about them titled "How to lose the race at the finish line".
Manning has maybe a few "playable" seasons left but he has become the Jeter of football.

Old 05-01-2018, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Ugh. I don't even want to think about the Giants.
I'm writing a book about them titled "How to lose the race at the finish line".
Manning has maybe a few "playable" seasons left but he has become the Jeter of football.
I knew you liked sports. Jeter was a much better player than Manning is/was. I'm not a Giants fan but those two superbowls against the Pats were impressive. I think you should change the title of your book to "how to squeak into the playoffs and win a championship". It would sell like hotcakes

Old 05-02-2018, 03:14 AM

4,198 posts, read 4,087,142 times
I think the Barkley pick was a huge mistake. He could be another Ron Dayne. I expect to see him get stopped at the line of scrimmage a lot of the time like all Giants running backs the last ten years. Barkley had a few great games last season but also a bunch of games where he averaged 2.5 yards a carry. I don't think he will be a star with the Giants.

Old 05-02-2018, 06:42 AM

I listened to part of Francesa's show yesterday and he came on like he never left and nothing happened. He's peddling his useless "app" now like it's the next big thing. He's still better than CMB. I'm sure hotkarl was listening diligently and taking notes throughout the broadcast.

As far as the Giants picking Barkley, I think he'll be good and have a good first season but once Eli starts to fall apart he'll have trouble too.

Old 05-02-2018, 06:46 AM

69 posts, read 126,265 times
Not sure what was worse, the app plugging or "Celebrate with George Clooney's Casamigos"

Old 05-02-2018, 08:09 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,342,373 times
I didn't realize Francesa was starting yesterday. When I turned it on and heard him, I turned it off and played my recording of nails on a chalkboard.

Old 05-02-2018, 10:03 AM

1,312 posts, read 1,665,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
I think the Barkley pick was a huge mistake. He could be another Ron Dayne. I expect to see him get stopped at the line of scrimmage a lot of the time like all Giants running backs the last ten years. Barkley had a few great games last season but also a bunch of games where he averaged 2.5 yards a carry. I don't think he will be a star with the Giants.
I agree. To be a first-rounder a college running back should be DESTROYING a college defense, not just a few good games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island