Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you hate LI officials ?
I hate that pack of rats 23 67.65%
Not quite hate but close 6 17.65%
No, they are 'just doing their jobs' (Nuremberg Defence) 2 5.88%
No, they are honest good people 3 8.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 12:47 PM

247 posts, read 181,038 times

Advertisements

I made a poll cause I think most people do hate that self enriching parasitic pack of rats that infest government making everything so expensive and complicated to live on LI. Its so corrupt they own both major parties so its not the typical democrat vs republican thing but anyway I made the poll because I don't think many people will type in that they hate them due to "political correctness" or just plain old social correctness but with anonymous poll its anonymous so my results should be more scientifically accurate then a discussion.

Last edited by TenKW; 08-08-2018 at 12:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2018, 01:41 PM

20,050 posts, read 20,855,965 times
They all suck. It's all about them. They don't give a damn about anyone but their elitist club.
This country is in ruins.

PS: who's the weirdo that picked #4????
Must be a politician...

Old 08-08-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
PS: who's the weirdo that picked #4????

Probably that one who supported the Long Island sparkler ban.

Oh no young people might fun ! Ban Ban and ban because we are the sewer rats of Long Island we extort all we can wile we criminalize everything.

Light up the dark... Unless you live on Long Island where the sewer rats steal your $500 or have you arrested.

Last edited by TenKW; 08-08-2018 at 05:54 PM..

Old 08-08-2018, 05:58 PM

I should make a poll for do you hate Newsday. Bet I would get a 100% yes. I put money in a Newsday machine and took all the papers and put them in the trash bin right next to it. I hate that Newspaper too Its just a mouthpiece for the sewer rats running LI.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:53 PM

2,759 posts, read 2,049,703 times
Question: Why didn't you include a response option for "I have no strong feelings about them one way or the other" ?

The use of quotes and the "Nuremberg defense" in the third option makes it pretty clear what your opinion is of anyone who would choose that answer; and the "good and honest people" choice is a setup because it would be the height of naievete to claim that ALL officials are that. Writing it as "most are good and honest people" would have been fairer.

Words mean things. "Hate" is a very strong word, and it would take a helluva lot to get someone to qualify for that category in my head. Hate is one of the most destructive emotions there is; IMHO it's the most destructive. It can make people do things like burn crosses and fly planes into buildings.

Words like "despise", "distrust", "are disgusted by", "feel contempt for", etc etc., sure, fine, those are apt for what you're asking about. But "hate"? Seriously? Please take a moment and think about what that word really means before you use it.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:40 PM

39 posts, read 27,872 times
Sooooo transparent

Old 08-10-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCjunkie View Post
Question: Why didn't you include a response option for "I have no strong feelings about them one way or the other" ?

The use of quotes and the "Nuremberg defense" in the third option makes it pretty clear what your opinion is of anyone who would choose that answer; and the "good and honest people" choice is a setup because it would be the height of naievete to claim that ALL officials are that. Writing it as "most are good and honest people" would have been fairer.

Words mean things. "Hate" is a very strong word, and it would take a helluva lot to get someone to qualify for that category in my head. Hate is one of the most destructive emotions there is; IMHO it's the most destructive. It can make people do things like burn crosses and fly planes into buildings.

Words like "despise", "distrust", "are disgusted by", "feel contempt for", etc etc., sure, fine, those are apt for what you're asking about. But "hate"? Seriously? Please take a moment and think about what that word really means before you use it.
My poll was flawed but I don't think hate is too strong a word. Everyone hates stepping in a pile of dog poo, everyone hates getting stung by bees. Everyone hates finding a deer tick parasite has bitten into their skin so using hate to describe the feelings towards the long island pack of rats financial parasites always on our backs and in our pockets is not over doing it.

Lets be real, alot of people do hate them.

Old 08-10-2018, 12:15 PM

20,050 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Hate is a strong word. Should not be used regarding another human being, only animals and just about everything else in existence. I am highly offended and very upset.
I now need an emergency session with crissis management and a nice strong script.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:18 PM

718 posts, read 620,358 times
Of course look how many of them are corrupt.

Look at Islip town. As soon as carpenter gets in all the heads of the town depts get massive salary increases. The common worker for the town is paid peanuts and works without a contract .
No coincidence that after her raises taxes go up across the board big time.
There all self serving thieves.

Old 08-12-2018, 03:27 PM

4,198 posts, read 4,085,686 times
Didn't Laura Curran make a big deal about removing the County Executive's name from signs? She may have done that but I recently got a four page "Hurricane Preparedness" mailing from her that gives such useful information as checking websites and having a go-kit. One full page is a message from Laura Curran with a half page color photo of her talking to some serious looking police and OEM folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: