Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 09:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,004 times

Advertisements

Why don't these left wing protesters march through the uber-wealthy liberal enclaves on the North Shore? It's easy for the media and woke twitter to sneer at the "trashy" white ethnic proles on the South Shore; quite another when it's where the people who raise money for the DNC and work for Woke Capital live.

Last edited by DMcCormack1; 06-04-2020 at 09:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 09:39 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,775,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
I think he meant moving within Long Island because there are so many factors driving the decision where to live there (many of which were pointed out in his post). In the time we lived in GC I think two new kids moved in while my kids are were in school there. No, three.

Contrast that with here, new people moving in all the time but also people moving within the town (or between towns) without giving it a second thought. Even if it means their kids switch schools. The idea of buying a house here and staying in it till retirement is almost unheard of. When the HS graduation signs go up, often so do the "for sale" signs.

Buying and selling is so much simpler outside NY and people aren't so strapped for cash that most people I know buy their new house and move in before selling their old one. Friends of mine just did it and they don't even make a ton of money.
It was the same in FL. Super transient. I knew people that went through 3 or 4 houses in a 10 year span

Old 06-05-2020, 05:35 AM

121 posts, read 109,471 times
Racism on Long Island? No way! There's no history there at all!

https://projects.newsday.com/long-is...state-history/

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/21/o...imination.html

Old 06-05-2020, 11:09 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,521,867 times
aww baby's first google search for long island racism, grats cutie pie! <shakes rattle>

Old 06-06-2020, 05:13 AM

151 posts, read 130,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCormack1 View Post
Why don't these left wing protesters march through the uber-wealthy liberal enclaves on the North Shore? It's easy for the media and woke twitter to sneer at the "trashy" white ethnic proles on the South Shore; quite another when it's where the people who raise money for the DNC and work for Woke Capital live.
The north shore has a little bit more tact than the south shore. The north shore is also more tolerant of others as long as they pay the price to live there whether its the price of the house, the price to park at the Manhasset train station etc. You have Asians and Iranian Jews in Great Neck, Asians and well off white catholics in Manhasset and you have blacks in Spinney Hill. Also Great Neck is the most liberal of the North Shore towns, Manhasset is the republican bastion of TONH and the north shore in TOB is conservative.

Old 06-06-2020, 06:55 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,891,370 times
Long Island: Land of the scaredy-cat cry babies. Get your guns, the colored folk want some equity!!

Old 06-06-2020, 12:07 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,361,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
once the cops or military starts killing civilians we have entered a civil war

then any outside Russian or Chinese agents can start shooting both sides amd the blame each side

its time to take a serious look at donald trump, whats happening in america is making vladamir putin proud

its stuff like this the CIA has done in other countries its now being done to us.

yet people still wave the trump flag as their country burns
I am all for the government coming in. I wish Trump would send in the tanks. It is absolutely clear that NY cannot protect its self. We have a bunch of pansies running things. So, by letting these idiots destroy our city, the president has no choice but to take action and put matter in his own hands. GO TRUMP! He needs to not listen to or care what the delicate flowers want.

Old 06-06-2020, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edrican View Post
What is another protest gonna accomplish; nothing.
Less than nothing. Just a big waste of everyone’s time except for the protesters who seem to have nothing better to do. Nothing they say or do will never change how I, or anyone else feels.

Old 06-06-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
for all those who asked why citizens need ar-15's with 30 round clips ? now they know ...

i will bet the city and nassau and suffolk will be flooded with permit requests from those who were anti gun prior.

it was already shown you can't count on no one but you , protecting you , here in nyc
100% correct. The Governor and Mayor and sissy Mary’s.

Old 06-06-2020, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolodex View Post
Years ago I was harrassed at the "rosa parks" bus station for taking pictures which was perfectly legal to do. The bus station is a "cage" surrounded by a sketchy part of Hempstead which made for great photos. Parks was "the first lady, or mother, of freedom and civil rights" for refusing to "take her place" at the back of a bus.

There was a full on - justified reason for her making a stand against injustice happening to lots of people. In contrast I had an ironic and amusing one off experience.

The security guard infringing my rights did not know who rosa parks was! The amusing irony of a black guy violating a white guys civil rights at the rosa parks station (i. A cage to provide safety in an unsafe neighborhood)was lost to him. Not wanting to be violated further by the police ( a threat he was making) I demurred and moved on.

What is happening now is organized kafavve. Stirring up the situation was the whole point. Triggered people is the objective.

Antifa wants useful idiots everywhere to confront each other.
Anti-fascism is in fact fascism. Dont be useful idiot ignore the whole thing.
Ignore this nonsense and foolishness and move on.
They will easily succeed due to millions of those people everywhere
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island