Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2020, 07:05 PM

3,318 posts, read 2,409,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
First thing I see a mob of these losers I'm fishing my handgun out the case. They act like they wanna open doors or smash windows, gun goes into battery and gets displayed. If it goes from there so be it. I've got 13 in the mag, one in the pipe and a backup. How many of these clowns want to be martyrs?
I don’t own a gun yet, and if I did, it would be illegal for me to drive around with tit. But I like your idea better than mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2020, 08:52 PM

50,685 posts, read 47,542,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
I don’t own a gun yet, and if I did, it would be illegal for me to drive around with tit. But I like your idea better than mine.
In almost every state it is legal to have a handgun in a locked case if you are going to a range or hunting. Guess what I am doing every day. One of the above. They can't prove anything.

Old 07-09-2020, 09:11 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,559,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
First thing I see a mob of these losers I'm fishing my handgun out the case. They act like they wanna open doors or smash windows, gun goes into battery and gets displayed. If it goes from there so be it. I've got 13 in the mag, one in the pipe and a backup. How many of these clowns want to be martyrs?
Why bother keeping your gun in a case? Just carry it in a holster. If you have a "target/hunting" restriction on your NY license, carrying out of class is only an administrative violation.

Why would you care about a minor issue like that when you don't seem to care about the blatant illegality of a 13 round magazine?

Old 07-10-2020, 02:12 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,542,997 times
Depends what they're protesting, don't it?

Old 07-10-2020, 05:19 PM

17,874 posts, read 16,150,367 times
You likely wont be alone. The BLM only want to block the busy streets or else what is point? No one will see.

You will be in traffic with lots of cars around. You just do what the others do.

Old 07-10-2020, 09:48 PM

325 posts, read 202,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
You likely wont be alone. The BLM only want to block the busy streets or else what is point? No one will see.

You will be in traffic with lots of cars around. You just do what the others do.

This is where the problem arises. Everyone has a right to peacefully protest. It is our American right to. However, nobody has the right to block roads, freeways, highways, intersections and parkways unless they have a permit or governmental permission to do so. The reason they are blocking traffic is to cause a disruption, agitate people to get a reaction and to get their so called rage out along with their message to a trapped populace that is stuck in their cars. This is where the line should be drawn by our government officials whether they are Democrat or Republican. These people do not have the right to block traffic and hold people at their will just because they are angry and when this arises anywhere in the US, need to be forcibly removed if they refuse to clear out.

This is where I put blame on our politicians across the US (both parties). Most are too yellow bellied to tell these protesters that it is unlawful to block roads, intersections and highways because they might be told that is racist. In most states, especially Blue ones no actions will be taken to stop this nonsense. I don't blame the police at all. Who would fault them for not wanting to get stuck holding a bag of S@#$ where they could lose their jobs and pensions over one wrong move especially since they are not being backed up by leaders running the states.

The highways and roads should not be blocked and sadly the people running things are allowing this to go on because they are afraid of losing votes, meanwhile most of the people protesting are most likely not even going to bother to vote. I noticed some of the leaders in some states such as Seattle, Portland, etc.. have been kissing the arses of the protesters while they destroy public property and block people in cars from passing. Meanwhile these same people still show up at mayors/governors private homes in large groups screaming for them to quit their jobs or be removed from office. These people are mostly anarchists that just don't like any government leaders at all and do not like anyone telling them what to do.

So far we have been lucky here on Long Island, but for how long until one of us or many of us end up as sitting ducks in our cars?

Old 07-11-2020, 12:34 AM

18 posts, read 16,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1111 View Post
If you were minding your own business in your car after a long day of work and wanted to get home what would you do if you were surrounded and were forcibly being detained by BLM protesters who wouldn't let you proceed to your destination and blocked the streets?

I'm just curious to see the responses I get.

I have a feeling more of these so called "protesters" are going to start blocking Long Island streets soon. Looks like someone on LI already had enough of this crap already. By the comments below the article, most Americans are fed up with roads and freeways being blocked.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eader-comments
What would I do? Probably join them or honk in solidarity.

Curious why you are linking a British news article . . . .

Old 07-11-2020, 02:45 AM

325 posts, read 202,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagnergrad96 View Post
What would I do? Probably join them or honk in solidarity.

Curious why you are linking a British news article . . . .
The DailyMail is a very good news source and I like them way better than most of the news outlets here in the US because they always seem to have the most info. They have reporters who operate out of the US and all over the world as well. They are very reputable. As you can see here, they had a lot more information than the NY Post and Patch.

Here are American articles of the same thing if you rather see American news:
https://nypost.com/2020/07/07/long-i...lm-protesters/

And here is the article from the Patch:

https://patch.com/new-york/huntingto...-huntington-pd

The DailyMail was way more thorough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island