Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2021, 09:39 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,771,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyneighbor View Post
That gives us a good idea. Nobody wants to come home to pets in heat stroke or wilted plants because some PSEG arse decided to pause my ac fot the afternoon.
They don’t pause it the changes are very small like a degree or too. Most people don’t even notice it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2021, 06:42 AM

10 posts, read 9,598 times
Smart Meter != Smart Thermostat

I've had a smart meter for about 2 years, no issues. I have balanced billing and I can see energy usage online.

I also have a Smart thermostat and you have to OPT-IN to https://www.psegliny.com/saveenergya...es/smartsavers. You get $85 for each thermostat installed for the first year, and $25 every additional year. I opted in the first year and then opted out since the two times they were going to adjust it was during a heatwave and adjusted it by 4 degrees.

Old 04-05-2021, 09:19 AM

1,404 posts, read 1,541,586 times
So how does this PSEG thermostat control work?

I have ecobee thermostats in my home. Most of them were purchased with the PSEG deal/rebate. I never agreed to or signed up for any PSEG monitoring program.

Is this a special program where you provide PSEG access to your thermostat? Or does PSEG have some relationship with ecobee that provides them access? (I'm not sure how the latter is feasible, especially some of my ecobees are not installed in my primary home).

Old 04-05-2021, 09:44 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,329,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe461 View Post
So how does this PSEG thermostat control work?

I have ecobee thermostats in my home. Most of them were purchased with the PSEG deal/rebate. I never agreed to or signed up for any PSEG monitoring program.

Is this a special program where you provide PSEG access to your thermostat? Or does PSEG have some relationship with ecobee that provides them access? (I'm not sure how the latter is feasible, especially some of my ecobees are not installed in my primary home).
you have to go into the eco+ setting and turn on community energy savings it will ask you some crap and then it automatically sets you up. You will get a few emails its easy.

Old 04-05-2021, 03:58 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,202,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerlove View Post
Smart Meter != Smart Thermostat

I've had a smart meter for about 2 years, no issues. I have balanced billing and I can see energy usage online.

I also have a Smart thermostat and you have to OPT-IN to https://www.psegliny.com/saveenergya...es/smartsavers. You get $85 for each thermostat installed for the first year, and $25 every additional year. I opted in the first year and then opted out since the two times they were going to adjust it was during a heatwave and adjusted it by 4 degrees.
Ok yes, that is the kind of thing we were afraid of. Thanks - didn't realize about the thermostats. Repped you .

Old 04-05-2021, 04:23 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,771,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paoluccm View Post
I have net meter due to solar roof. I was lucky to be home when PSEG guy was swapping out old meter to smart meter and told him NO, I'm keeping old one. He said there would be $25 monthly fee for reader to come out. This was a few months ago and my bill is still the same.
That’s because the surcharge Dosent go into effect until 2022. After that you will get charged. Also if you don’t have a digital meter they will eventually come and swap your current analogue for a “non smart” digital one. There is no opt out for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island