Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 09:06 AM

20,049 posts, read 20,861,844 times

Advertisements

Really, how much time are you gonna shave off your destination by not coming to a full stop at a "Stop" sign.

I understand the hustle and bustle of todays society, I really do, I am part of it, but when I see a stop sign, no matter how late or in a rush I am,
I ALWAYS come to a complete stop.

Now, there are a few reasons for this. Number one being it's THE LAW, the next few would be safety for not only myself, but for others.
Maybe because here in Nassau every other, and sometimes every block now has a "Stop" sign. It's a little annoying and frustrating yes, but they are there and that is it. Doesn't matter if they are necessary or not, the cold hard fact is that it is there in all of it's red octagonal glory.

The point of my silly rant?
I am so sick of you ignorant self centered rude bastards who blatently disregard and ignore the existence of these traffic signs.
You are putting my life in danger, you are putting other driver's lives in danger, pedestrians, CHILDREN, pets, etc...
When you see a "Stop" sign, THEN STOP. Goddammit.
I'm telling you all, any day now there's gonna be a front page news story about some guy flipping out and going all out vigilante road rage on someone's sorry ignorant ass for blowing a stop sign, and my picture will be on the front page. With a grin.
I have had enough.

I was taking my son to school this morning and we brought my dog with us for the ride. So this ignorant selfish A-hole see's me coming, I am at the Stop sign well before them, stopped, and proceding to go through the intersection, and they proceed to give me a look like "too bad" and blow through the damn thing causing me to jam on the brakes and have my dog fly across the seat and scare the hell out of my son who thinks the dog is hurt. And even after this, as I'm stopped in the middle of the intersection as this person glides past me, they just give me this look like "oh well, too bad". And the look isn't a sorry look, it's an aggressive "my life is more important than yours, so too bad" look.
Total arrogance and lack of respect. You need a beating, plain and simple.
This happens to me, and I kid you not, at least a dozen times a day.
I'm tired of it. One of the main reasons I want to get the hell out of here.
Ignorance and selfishness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 09:33 AM

3,351 posts, read 9,761,758 times
People blowing through stop signs is a pet peeve of mine, too. The other one is people who do not come to a full stop before making a right on red.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:37 AM

4,698 posts, read 8,762,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoser View Post
The other one is people who do not come to a full stop before making a right on red.
you're supposed to do that? lol...

Old 02-09-2009, 09:38 AM

And, people that put their "left" turn signal on after the light turns to Green.
At an intersection with no turning lane, with a crapload of cars behind them, and you are the car directly behind them to which you cannot get around them and pass because of all the pissed off drivers whipping out from behind you.

Anyone that just randomly jams the breaks and makes a turn with no indication whatsoever.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:41 AM

4,698 posts, read 8,762,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
The point of my silly rant?
I am so sick of you ignorant self centered rude bastards who blatently disregard and ignore the existence of these traffic signs.
Such is life on LI...and pretty much the whole tri-state area.

You should know by now that people who ignore stop signs and commit similar traffic violations are clearly more important than you and, as a result, have more important things to do. It is of the utmost importance that they get to wherever they're going ASAP. Whatever it is you're doing is of minor importance!

Once you understand that, you understand life around here.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:48 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,977,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
And, people that put their "left" turn signal on after the light turns to Green.
At an intersection with no turning lane, with a crapload of cars behind them, and you are the car directly behind them to which you cannot get around them and pass because of all the pissed off drivers whipping out from behind you.

Anyone that just randomly jams the breaks and makes a turn with no indication whatsoever.

AND WITH A CELL PHONE ! Just like sprinkles !

Old 02-09-2009, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
Such is life on LI...and pretty much the whole tri-state area.

You should know by now that people who ignore stop signs and commit similar traffic violations are clearly more important than you and, as a result, have more important things to do. It is of the utmost importance that they get to wherever they're going ASAP. Whatever it is you're doing is of minor importance!

Once you understand that, you understand life around here.
I've known this for many years now, but every man has his breaking point...there's only so much you can take before you can'ts takes no mores!

Old 02-09-2009, 09:58 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,977,387 times
Some of the side streets are like the Indianappolic 500 !

Old 02-09-2009, 10:02 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
i do stop but if he is barreling down behind me i get ready to move out quick.
they already caved in the back on my civic once he was on the cell phone
welcome to my world.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i do stop but if he is barreling down behind me i get ready to move out quick.
they already caved in the back on my civic once he was on the cell phone
welcome to my world.
Yeah! When they're following so close you can see their nose hairs in your rear view mirror.
Or, when they've been riding your bumper down the 30MPH sidestreet, to which you feel "obligated" to do 35 or 40 because you realize they are in a hurry, and when you do come the Stop sign and attempt make your full stop they burry the pedal and swerve around you right through the Stop sign. Bastards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island