Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 08:41 AM

164 posts, read 458,501 times

Advertisements

Has anyone been to splish splash lately? We were there for our first time yesterday. They let in a ridiculous amount of people. There should be a limit per day. We spent a small fortune and my kids got on 5 rides. We were there all day until closing and wasted the day waiting on lines from an hour to two hours each ride

I am not a prejudice person, but I felt like we were a minority in a different country as well… people at this park were cutting lines, some nearly pushing you out of the way to get by…. We were on a very long line (an hour wait) to get into the lazy river.. an African American and his son by passed about 50 people and ended up behind me… a Chinese family spoke up.. the husband just told him in a civil way that we all waited on the line and he just helped himself pass everyone.. with that, the AA man started with “you are talking to me this way because of my color.. blah…blah…blah” I really couldn’t believe this. To me, not an enjoyable place for LI’ers to have a family day out…. Is this normal there?? Anyone else shared the same while visiting? We will never go back
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 08:44 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
I haven't been there in almost 10 years for the exact same reasons. Too crowded, people behaving like rude animals, no security to keep people in line, therefore it's a free for all.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:02 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,164,033 times
First of all I would never go to a water park or a amusement park on the weekend. Never! Second, I heard the same stories about Splish Splash. Never been, never will!

Old 08-17-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
First of all I would never go to a water park or a amusement park on the weekend. Never! Second, I heard the same stories about Splish Splash. Never been, never will!

The week days can be worse, as there after often camp loads of kids who are bussed out to this place. I don't think camps go on weekends.

You're screwed either way unless you can find a week day when there are no bus trips scheduled.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:09 AM

164 posts, read 458,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
It would not be a norm for us either, but it was my son's birthday and this is what he wanted to do instead of having a party. I knew between the heat and the weekend it was going to be crowded..but never imagined it would be like it was..a true nightmare!

Old 08-17-2009, 09:27 AM

748 posts, read 2,889,215 times
I went to the Riverhead Aquarium, and found it to be very crowded as well. But apart from the crowd, the experience was pleasant, though I had no place to sit for the sea lion show, so I just watched them underwater. Its probably the holidays and maybe many parents are skimping on longer vacations because of the recession and just going to local destinations.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:30 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,164,033 times
Just got back from 2 great dayz at Dorney Park in Allentown & the Crayola Factory. Went thurs and friday. Thurs was great, very little lines. Friday was a bit more packed. Anyone looking for a quick getaway for the lil ones should check it out. Its about 2.5 hours east.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:32 AM

874 posts, read 2,876,053 times
I have never been to Splish Splash and will never go there since every time I talk to someone whom has been there the complaints are the same as those being mentioned here.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:32 AM

4,698 posts, read 8,764,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I haven't been there in almost 10 years for the exact same reasons. Too crowded, people behaving like rude animals, no security to keep people in line, therefore it's a free for all.
reminds me of how Action Park used to be way back when.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
reminds me of how Action Park used to be way back when.
My parents wouldn't take me there. Below is one of the funniest wikipedia postings ever....the looping waterslide dismembered the test dummies!!

I remember my oldest brother came home with skin torn off of his legs from flying off the alpine slide..I'm sure he was tanked at the time.

Action Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island