Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 10:44 PM

9 posts, read 13,498 times

Advertisements

I'm from south Philly, so I already got my drivers license. And maybe that behavior isn't tolerated when noticed, but obviously not many people were around that area. And I didn't call the cops cause I had no names... They are useless.

Please don't get me started on the cops... The law is inadequate. It is necessary to act outside of the law in certain situations. If I called them and told them that these punks were on my wheels, they would have told me if I had their names, whereabouts and identification... So it would have been useless.

The girls only knew two if their first names. Johnny and Adam. No last names, no info on what neighborhood they live at or address. So yeah, the law right now is useless to me sorry if I sound rude. But I'm very pussed at the moment.

And I looked at bnnys info and looked the Brooklyn school up. That's still intact. The problem is... It's an all girls school... So those girls must have just told me where the hell they go to school at but not the guys.

So it looks like I'm going to have to take a damn trip to Brooklyn some time this week and skip out on a day of a school... I'm sorry, but I'm so fired up right now cause of all I gotta do just to get these punks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 11:00 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
1) People from Brooklyn typically do not say they live on LI (despite Brooklyn being on LI.)
2) Those of us out here on LI know that St Joe's is closed; chances are the girls did not. I am thinking one of the girls had a friend/cousin who might have gone there.
3) FILE A POLICE REPORT. It doesn't matter that you don't have names. You saw the jerks -- you describe them to the NYPD.
4) Don't take the law into your own hands.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
1) People from Brooklyn typically do not say they live on LI (despite Brooklyn being on LI.)
2) Those of us out here on LI know that St Joe's is closed; chances are the girls did not. I am thinking one of the girls had a friend/cousin who might have gone there.
3) FILE A POLICE REPORT. It doesn't matter that you don't have names. You saw the jerks -- you describe them to the NYPD.
4) Don't take the law into your own hands.
That's interesting... The first two parts. So these girls who live on long island didn't know the school got closed and also people who live on long island mean just the island itself?

Hmm... Ok, do you know if people from long island go to manhattan often then? Cause I heard that's a two hour or so ride? And as for the police report, all I can tell them is that they're caucasion, heights between five eight to five ten, dark hair, and that they were wearing black and red hoodies.

That's not much to go on unfortunately. So that's why I'm so reluctant to do that. But thank you for taking the time to help me though, that's decent of you to do.

And another question, is it possible some people on long island go to school in others areas of ny? Like in manhattan or Brooklyn for instance?

Old 11-10-2009, 04:37 AM

654 posts, read 2,120,950 times
Locals refer to Long Island as Nassau and Suffolk County. Truth is Queens and Brooklyn are part of the Island as well; we don;t have to take a bridge together. If you have seen these kids before chances are they will be hanging out there again. I would wait until you see them again and then call the police.In the mean time you should file a police report. BTW is you do a search of St. oseph's School, Manhattan, NY a few schools pop up.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:46 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,381,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy215 View Post
That's interesting... The first two parts. So these girls who live on long island didn't know the school got closed and also people who live on long island mean just the island itself?

Hmm... Ok, do you know if people from long island go to manhattan often then? Cause I heard that's a two hour or so ride? And as for the police report, all I can tell them is that they're caucasion, heights between five eight to five ten, dark hair, and that they were wearing black and red hoodies.

That's not much to go on unfortunately. So that's why I'm so reluctant to do that. But thank you for taking the time to help me though, that's decent of you to do.

And another question, is it possible some people on long island go to school in others areas of ny? Like in manhattan or Brooklyn for instance?
People from LI go to Manhattan everyday, I do! The train goes right to Penn Station. Not everywhere is 2 hours. My commute is an hour by train. A lot of areas are even less.

It is certainly possible LI kids would go to school in the city...def. not a public high school, though. Some parents would probably send their kids to a private school, mostly rich people. Long Island has the best schools in the country, though...

Furthermore, how can you be sure they are 16-17? Going on looks doesn't mean anything...I'm 27, I could get mistaken for a 15 year old easily.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:51 AM

Quote:
I'm from south Philly, so I already got my drivers license. And maybe that behavior isn't tolerated when noticed, but obviously not many people were around that area. And I didn't call the cops cause I had no names... They are useless.

Please don't get me started on the cops... The law is inadequate. It is necessary to act outside of the law in certain situations. If I called them and told them that these punks were on my wheels, they would have told me if I had their names, whereabouts and identification... So it would have been useless.

The girls only knew two if their first names. Johnny and Adam. No last names, no info on what neighborhood they live at or address. So yeah, the law right now is useless to me sorry if I sound rude. But I'm very pussed at the moment.

And I looked at bnnys info and looked the Brooklyn school up. That's still intact. The problem is... It's an all girls school... So those girls must have just told me where the hell they go to school at but not the guys.

So it looks like I'm going to have to take a damn trip to Brooklyn some time this week and skip out on a day of a school... I'm sorry, but I'm so fired up right now cause of all I gotta do just to get these punks.
Why don't you be the bigger man, and let it be? I would get the cops involved, but don't stoop to level of these guys. It just makes you look even worse. The NYPD cops are pretty good. I would definitely not say they are useless. You want to look like the good guy. If you fight these guys yourself and the cops show up wherever you are at, YOU will look bad.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:53 AM

Quote:
To make this short, I have been getting harassed by a bunch of punks for the past two weeks. Saturday was the last straw. I was coming out of the store in Penn Station, with a lot of bags in hand. My car was parked in the parking lot near Penn station. So these kids were smoking and sitting on my car doing stupid things.

They were about my age, 16-17. So I told them to take a hike and get off my property. They gave me a problem. Giving me lip, threats, all that crap. So I put my bags down, walk over to the one leaning against my car and told him and his friends one last time to move or else I'll make them.

So he sees I'm taller then all of them by a good amount (I'm 6'1) and HE backs away but the others stat and start making stupid noises and start banging my car. So that's when I had enough... And swung on the one hitting my left door. Then you can guess what happens...

Most of them hang up on me and start trying to hold me and crap. But it didn't turn out so well, since I'm a well built dude, though I have suffered injuries, but the six of them all run off splitting up so it was impossible to catch them.

Now two girls were witnesses to that and said they know a few of those kids after asking me if I'm ok. So I asked the girls what school do they go to and where do they live. And they told me they live on long island and go to saint josephs.

Now I would have asked for they're numbers and other contact info to keep in touch and get more details because me and those girls got along pretty well, bur I wasn't thinking straight because I was so mad...

So that's a short summary of why I need to know where that school is located for sure. I hot unfinished business. Plus my damned window on my left door is cracked a bit... So I wanna report this crap but I obviously need the morons names and identification.
Also, what lot at Penn Station? B/c there are no lots there...the only ones I know are parking garages that you have to pay for. If you don't want to call the cops, why not tell the parking attendant what happened?

Old 11-10-2009, 06:26 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:

I think DawnSells and JDawg answered your additional questions.

Bear in mind that the girls could be lying to you. You might have got along well, but then, they might have been selling you a bill of goods to cover for the guys you scuffled with.

People from LI go into NYC all the time. As a teen I lived about 30-35 mins away by train. Some parts of LI are even closer. St Joe's is not -- Brentwood is a bit of a ride by train.

Where is this open air lot you were parked at? There are some in the theatre district, but they are small and the attendants are on top of things. Some might even have surveillance cameras.

Contact the police. Even if the description is vague. If these kids did what you said, what's to say thay haven't or won't do it again. Give the cops some idea as to what to look out for.

Taking matters into your own hands could be dangerous.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:17 AM

659 posts, read 2,517,703 times
The girls may not have told you the truth or perhaps it is St. Joseph's college on LI and you ar underestimating their ages. Since a police report was not filed at the time of the incident, you really don't have much of a case. You should have reported it immediately to the cops. At this point, i think you are out of luck. Besdes, even if you do find these kids, they can just deny it with no police report filed...plus they can claim harrassment on your end since you are taking the law into your own hands with trying to find them.
Chalk it up to a lesson learned and let it go. Next time something happens, take care of it right away with law enforcement.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
People from LI go to Manhattan everyday, I do! The train goes right to Penn Station. Not everywhere is 2 hours. My commute is an hour by train. A lot of areas are even less.

It is certainly possible LI kids would go to school in the city...def. not a public high school, though. Some parents would probably send their kids to a private school, mostly rich people. Long Island has the best schools in the country, though...

Furthermore, how can you be sure they are 16-17? Going on looks doesn't mean anything...I'm 27, I could get mistaken for a 15 year old easily.
Dawnsells, thank you for that info. I'm checking it out. And interesting, so a lot of long island is close enough to manhattan to get there within an hour or so? And I know they were around my age cause of how they look.

I can easily tell if someone is in their teens. Plus how they were acting, like typical teen girls. And they damaged my car... And have been around the area for the past two weeks. That's why I can't let it go.

And ok, I will give calling the nypd a shot. Cause cops in south Philly are morons for the most part. But I never had an instance in where I needed the nypd, so I'll give it a shot.

And the lot wasn't in Penn station, it was blocks away. Walking distance. A ten or fifthteen minute walk.

And ohbeehave, I don't think so. Cause I didn't tell em I wasn't from NYC until after they answered my questions. So I think I secured myself in the chance if being lied to cause I'm out of state. I know some teens are immature there and do that crap.

But all the adults there for the most part are awesome. I go every other weekend usually cause I get tired of jersey and south Philly. But when I got little weasels trying to ruin my night, things unfortunately get complicated.

I parked near Penn station, not in. It was a few blocks away. A ten or fithteen minute walk. And Brentwood is a bit away? But the other parts of long island are say within am hours ride? Cause that would make sense then ad to how the jerks have the time to do that.

And I will be doing that soon. And yes I thought about it, NYC is a bigger city then mine, so chances are it's tougher to get away with things in manhattan. So in a day or so I'm taking a trip. I'll try to find the girls again at the high school so I can have the witnesses with me.

And possibly have them tell me more info about some of those punks.

And llama8, I can tell when people are around my age usually. It's how they were acting mainly that made me know for sure. And I'm fairly certain they were. Thanks to some members on here I have been provided with various saint Joseph high schools located in different areas if new York.

And they can try that, but who's to say the cops would be around if I find them? But I intend to find the girls first and have them ad my witnesses before I search for the jerks. Besides, I need the girls for possible school info on them as well as addresses.

So basically, if I can find the girls again, I got this settled. As long as they're willing to cooperate with me through the situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island