Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 02:38 PM

347 posts, read 1,352,309 times

Advertisements

I loved Sizzler when I was a kid too, but my wife will not go there! Too bad they are all closing. Still got one in Smithtown though....

I used to love the Mexican and Pasta sections of the buffets!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 04:08 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,141,125 times
I went there on occasion in the early 90's. it was pretty good. I went there because my wife wanted to go a few months ago. I kinda felt white trashy.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:35 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,322,766 times
Now only Smithtown is left. Sizzler is great, but it seems people would rather eat junk food at McDonalds. I'd like to see just ONE MCDONALDS close, just one.
With the extremely poor selection of places to eat here on the island, you're better off cooking at home.
Sizzler probably gave up on the Massapequa location due to the area. Smithtown is more feasible economically so hopefully it will survive. They do fine all over the rest of the country, but as usual, Long Island is a stumbling block. We cant even have Wawa here. 'Nother reason Jersey keeps looking better and better!

Old 12-14-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO View Post
a friend of mine said he saw the cops there the other day and all the windows were smashed in.
Gangs probably. Long Island will soon rival LA...

Old 12-14-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
Now only Smithtown is left. Sizzler is great, but it seems people would rather eat junk food at McDonalds. I'd like to see just ONE MCDONALDS close, just one.
With the extremely poor selection of places to eat here on the island, you're better off cooking at home.
Sizzler probably gave up on the Massapequa location due to the area. Smithtown is more feasible economically so hopefully it will survive. They do fine all over the rest of the country, but as usual, Long Island is a stumbling block. We cant even have Wawa here. 'Nother reason Jersey keeps looking better and better!
I dont know if it had anything to do with the area, afterall, white castle is a few feet away and walmart is just a stone throw....

I thought the condos next door would have fueled it but those things are still empty and not many people can afford them.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:56 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,664,894 times
Quote:
another sign o' the times!
Thank God.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:15 PM
grant516

n/a posts
Those condos are awful.

White Castle is still a stronghold... sad to hear about the Sizzler, but that area is long and deserted. Few Massapequans I know would go themselves, nor send their children to the Sunrise Mall.

They want their kids to be a higher rung up on the ladder.

I've seen that place turn from decent to worse since the incoming Wal-Mart.
You know the Starbucks there caused McDonalds to leave because of weird policies regarding selling coffee in the AM.

With Ruby Tuesdays gone, and the worst Pizzarea Uno I've ever been to... there's nothing to eat over there.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant516 View Post
Those condos are awful.

White Castle is still a stronghold... sad to hear about the Sizzler, but that area is long and deserted. Few Massapequans I know would go themselves, nor send their children to the Sunrise Mall.

You know the Starbucks there caused McDonalds to leave because of weird policies regarding selling coffee in the AM.

With Ruby Tuesdays gone, and the worst Pizzarea Uno I've ever been to... there's nothing to eat over there.
There's still Arbys in the food court.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant516 View Post
Those condos are awful.

no, mcdonalds left because the mall wanted to increase thier rent 3 times the amound that they had been paying for the past 20 years.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:10 AM
grant516

n/a posts
Quote:
no, mcdonalds left because the mall wanted to increase thier rent 3 times the amound that they had been paying for the past 20 years.
While rents had rised- Westfield specifically stated that one of the stipulations for putting starbucks into the mall was that Coffee Sales would be exclusive to starbucks until 9:30 (appx) AM.

This didn't sit well with McDonalds who serves Coffee all day, specifically with it's meals upon opening. I'm not even sure the starbucks still remains... I know Broadway malls left.

Obviously they got hit hard by the food court as well... I can't blame anyone for leaving that place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island