Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 01:34 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,702,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Posting in any length longer than the Gettysburg Address is from now on FORBIDDEN.
One score plus 1 year ago, this poster set forth from Massapequa to the deepest, darkest of counties, Suffolk.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:40 PM

1,917 posts, read 5,343,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Down zilla. Reread what I had written. Did I say anyone, yourself included, slammed RP? FWIW If I sold my house today, I wouldn't hesitate considering a waterfront home in RP, or putting my children in the schools there.

First, RP is not my home town. Had you fully read my posts, you would have ascertained this. I'll repeat myself. I rented there. I bought elsewhere because I found an awesome deal. Unlike a lot of people, probably yourself included, I didn't have to write "a big, fat check" to live where I am now.

Secondly, why so defensive? I didn't knock you. I made a point that you were basing your feelings on places which don't exist any longer and on a traumatic incident in your life.

Third - do you understand what Community is? It is more than a geographic boundary, or a bunch of stores. If you lived somewhere that had a community or took an active part in it, you would better understand my position.

Fourth - borderline insults and slinging about surly responses, because they are relating their experience of an area which does not agree with your older one is, in your words, "silly, immature, and lacks objectivity." Counter the statement; don't write a diatribe as you have above.

Fifth - I wrote about RP and where it once was and where it is now. Someone tried to compare two areas, one with a less than stellar reputation, the other which some people don't know much about because it doesn't make the news the way incidents in the former have. Did you see me write anything against the former? No. I wrote solely of RP. If you live in Mastic, or Mastic Beach and are offended by what someone else has written, take the issue up with them, please.

If you feel the need to inform people of the good things Mastic and Mastic Beach have to offer, you should start a thread on it. This one's about RP.

You read as much as I do, 'cause I do not live in Mastic.
I say we stop with the borderline insults and delve in to FULL BLOWN INSULTS effective immediately.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:44 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,702,873 times
I agree Scott....

ROCKY POINT SUCKS BIG TIME.

now where is crooks?

Old 03-18-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
I used to do Rocky point/Rocky Point Landing Rd (21) to Patch/Yaphank Rd (101) and either hop on the LIE @66 or head to 27, depending on early/late I was running.

I tried 83 from RP a couple of times, didn't care for the traffic on 83.

Don't ask me-I don't live there and therefore am not qualified to offer driving directions.
AMAZINGLY, and obviously the result of some hideous galactic coincidence, you rewrote the exact route I already wrote. Moriches MI Road changes names as it passes through each town. County Road 101 is Sill Road the entire length though.
You can be be more correct than me though 'cause I want you to be happy and all.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
You read as much as I do, 'cause I do not live in Mastic.
I say we stop with the borderline insults and delve in to FULL BLOWN INSULTS effective immediately.
Perhaps I read a wee bit more than you as I did not write you live in Mastic/Mastic Beach. See what I wrote:

Quote:
If you live in Mastic, or Mastic Beach and are offended by what someone else has written, take the issue up with them, please.
I think we're going to need to start a new thread for Full Blown Insults

Peace

Old 03-18-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
I agree Scott....

ROCKY POINT SUCKS BIG TIME.

now where is crooks?

Haha. Nah, he's looking to move to Sound Beach anyway. He loves that place, even more than Rocky Point.
And RP doesn't suck. It's a nice place to live because it has very few black people.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Perhaps I read a wee bit more than you as I did not write you live in Mastic/Mastic Beach. See what I wrote:

I think we're going to need to start a new thread for Full Blown Insults

Peace

If you disagree, you can go pound sand, if you want to. If you don't want to, go pound sand anyway.
You know, if you want to.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
If you disagree, you can go pound sand, if you want to. If you don't want to, go pound sand anyway.
You know, if you want to.
Only if it's in your

shorts!

And none of that soft, south shore wimpy sand. This is that delightful rocky north shore stuff!

Old 03-18-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Only if it's in your

shorts!

And none of that soft, south shore wimpy sand. This is that delightful rocky north shore stuff!

If.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:00 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,702,873 times
I'm writing Crooks now to suggest he run a bus tour of Rocky Point complete with stop at his house for drinks and BBQ. He may want to use the occasion as the kick-off of his run to replace Steve Levy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island