Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2010, 12:21 AM

1 posts, read 2,069 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am debating whether to move to Culver City or West Hollywood when working in Pasadena (although this job would only be for about 6 months). I would be living in downtown CC and working in Pasadena where the 210 and 134 meet. How long of a commute would this be, if I need to be at work around 9am? And would living in Weho make a substantial difference?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 03:54 PM

89 posts, read 215,104 times
I'd take CC over WeHo, simply because it's less of a hassle to get to the freeway from CC. If you've just driven 30-odd miles back from your job, you probably don't want to be fighting your way through WeHo traffic to get home, too. That could add 20-30 minutes coming back.

A few years ago, I took a five-month contract that entailed a commute very similar to what you'd be doing from CC (heck, I wouldn't be surprised if it was at the same place as you're talking about!). At the time, I lived right near where the 405 hits Santa Monica Blvd, which is probably where you'd be getting on if you chose WeHo over CC. My morning commute was about 45 minutes. The only part where I'd regularly run into traffic was the 101 between the 405 and 134; those 6.5 miles usually took at least 15-20 minutes to get through. Coming back in the evenings was a crapshoot -- could take 25 minutes, could take 2 hours. After a couple of weeks, I started bringing my laptop with me and holing up in a Starbucks until the traffic out of Pasadena died down.

Would I commit to doing that every day, for years? No. But for a fixed time, it was do-able.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles