Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 04:14 PM

40 posts, read 200,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesRes View Post
LB is a big city that is really a collection of smaller neighborhoods which give it it's small town feel. And each neighborhood is very distinct to the point that living in one is almost a different world compared to another. The thing I like is that LB is central to LA and Irvine (for commuting purposes) and you can live in nice neighborhoods without the cookie cutter, tract houses you find in Orange County. The neighborhoods have lots of character.

Belmont Shore, Belmont Heights, Naples and the Peninsula are very expensive beach towns with shops / restaurants to walk to.

Park Estates, Virginia Country Club, and Bixby Knolls are expensive suburb type areas.

Most of East Long Beach is middle to upper middle class suburb stuff.

Downtown is a gentrifying area that has good nightlife and increasingly is a place to live, work, and play. Lots of investment down there and potential due to it's proximity to the ocean.

I haven't spent much time in other parts of LB. By reputation North and West LB are not that nice and have crime problems.
what are the boundaries of north and west LB?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2007, 09:32 PM

72,409 posts, read 18,197,553 times
I think Westwood is a great place to hang out for students

Old 07-06-2007, 03:56 AM

2,589 posts, read 8,636,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-town View Post
A buddy and myself are looking to move to the LA area after we graduate high school (1 year for him, 2 for me), to possibly attend UCLA. Currently, we're both in Tampa, FL so obviously it would be a big change. Our main priority however is that we find a nice apartment in an area that is not overrun with crime, and has lots of things to do. What are yalls opinons on long beach, culver city, west hollywood, and inglewood? Also if there are any other nice areas please tell me about them! Thanks!
did you see the answers in the other thread where you posted this question? (why the repeat?)

Old 07-06-2007, 09:42 PM

141 posts, read 754,167 times
no i havent checed that thread...i created that as a mistake....

but anyways does anyone else have any opinions on westwood??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles