Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 09:31 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,762,397 times

Advertisements

Uh...? I was just in Venice Beach two weeks ago and the word "ghetto" or "dangerous" NEVER crossed my mind the entire time I was there.

We are talking about the same Venice Beach right?

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/3976/img0205sx.jpg (broken link)

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/8899/img0214os.jpg (broken link)

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/3910/img0215n.jpg (broken link)

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1107/img0216zl.jpg (broken link)

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/4526/img0221ta.jpg (broken link)

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/2170/img0228kt.jpg (broken link)

... either I'm missing something or some of you have never been to the ghetto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 11:19 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Uh...? I was just in Venice Beach two weeks ago and the word "ghetto" or "dangerous" NEVER crossed my mind the entire time I was there.

You weren't there at night. And there is one very specific area of OFW in which the problems are occurring, not the entirety of OFW.

BTW I didn't use the word ghetto because I know very well what ghetto is.

In a SF context, Venice issues are more like Haight issues than like Mission, Tenderloin, or Hunter's Point issues.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:20 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
Quote:

It appears some parts of Venice had homes with bars on their windows.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific Swell View Post
Sounds like most of the crime has been going on during the drum circle on Sunday nights. If any of you are on Twitter, follow Venice 311.

Venice 311 -
I'm already subscribed to the on YouTube.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
It appears some parts of Venice had homes with bars on their windows.
You find that throughout L.A. city proper, on houses and on apartments and condos on the ground floor, including in areas with little violent crime.

Old 04-27-2011, 03:39 PM

13 posts, read 74,663 times
Quote:

========

Nice photo's - Thanks for sharing.

However, to answer your question, please go take photos of the same same locations at Midnight (or better yet, later)

That's what those of us who live here get to deal with.

Much different "Vibe" thanks to Ms. Lucks' and VNC's "friends".

Old 04-27-2011, 11:44 PM

Looks like the LAPD have doubles their patrols in Venice Beach, aided by Venice 311 and the Guardian Angels.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:39 AM

712 posts, read 2,146,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11 View Post
What is your solution other than "Get Rid of Them?"
I think his solution was nazi concentration camps
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene737 View Post
========

Nice photo's - Thanks for sharing.

However, to answer your question, please go take photos of the same same locations at Midnight (or better yet, later)

That's what those of us who live here get to deal with.

Much different "Vibe" thanks to Ms. Lucks' and VNC's "friends".
My suggestion to you is move.. or learn to live with it.. as you have been.. already.. (I'm pretty sure your already aware.. the politicians aren't gonna budge on this one inch.. nor the cops.. with california being broke and all!) (one other suggestion is to use LOA)

I notice that the back alley to venice beach smells a lot like urine 24/7.. I notice no one cares about making the bathrooms operational there on the beach.. (were out of order when I was there 2 weeks ago, I'm guessing they still are )

I notice that california's CRV fee is a state institutionalized.. free revenue system for the homeless..

Someone mentioned.. that the homeless go through your trash.. I believe there's only 1 reason.. they want the bottles, cans that you threw away.. so they can re-cooperate revenues on it..

Got to say your CRV/forced recycling program.. is feeding and clothing the homeless.. to go through everyones trash in every neighborhood..

I've heard it said.. that california is the 3rd biggest economy.. I guess that also gives you the 3rd biggest divide between the poor and rich

These are my observations as a outsider to LA just looking around/visiting..

Last edited by themaster; 04-29-2011 at 05:53 AM..

Old 04-29-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster View Post
I notice that the back alley to venice beach smells a lot like urine 24/7.. I notice no one cares about making the bathrooms operational there on the beach.. (were out of order when I was there 2 weeks ago, I'm guessing they still are )
I don't think anyone uses those bathrooms because of the call of nature. Those beach bathrooms have one of the most insane, grungy, meth-fueled cruising scenes in all of L.A. Let's just say there's no way in hell I'd ever allow any kids to go in there due to what goes on in there, for that matter I'd be very hesitant to use those bathrooms (ESPECIALLY at night). This is nothing new, BTW.

Old 01-21-2015, 12:07 AM

2,914 posts, read 2,689,002 times
I just heard a story about an increase in home break-in's in the Venice area and how police are trying to crack down on it. The bottom line is that there's a bunch of liberals who invite and drop off homeless people in the Venice area. I heard that someone was actually placing ads in the midwest encouraging homeless people to move out to Santa Monica.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles