Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: your favorite theme park in LA
Disneyland 20 48.78%
Disney's California Adventure 1 2.44%
Knott's Berry Farm 2 4.88%
Universal Studios Hollywood 4 9.76%
Six Flags Magic Mountain 13 31.71%
Other 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 09:39 PM

24,517 posts, read 33,360,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Universal Studios is in North Hollywood, which is in the San Fernando Valley section of the City of Los Angeles.
Correct... North Hollywood which is in the San Fernando Valley, not in Hollywood which is in the Los Angeles basin.

Although to be more technically correct, the Universal Studios attraction is in Universal City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 09:45 PM

24,517 posts, read 33,360,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Universal Studios Hollywood theme park in Los Angeles, California

San Fernando Valley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Check out these two sites.

Universal Studios Hollywood is infact in the San Fernando Valley a place that includes more than half of the City of Los Angeles land area. Universal Studios is in the LA part of that land area. Hollywood is a neighborhood in that part of the city. Remember that LA is made up of many great and amazing neighborhoods that all could be their own cities if allowed. Many were their own cities at one time.
I know that Universal Studios is in the San Fernando Valley... that is what I originally said. Since I've lived in the San Fernando Valley my entire life (almost 50 years) I don't really need to read about it on Wikipedia. I know all about it.

Quote:
Say what you want about theme parks. I would bet that those people living in Orange County would consider Disney part of their community. Starting a thread about something that is in LA is a lot differant than starting a thread about something that is in a metro area. Don't you think? Your including an area that encompasas Orange county, LA County, Ventura County, Riverside County. Kind of big don't you think?
I agree. But I did not start this thread; I was just making a reply in it.

Old 05-26-2011, 11:45 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,046,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Now that they have to compete with Knott's Scary Farm, it's one of the busier days and nights, and The Haunted Mansion is packed with people waiting to get in.
Drats!

Old 05-30-2011, 10:40 AM

1,077 posts, read 3,242,374 times
Quote:
Disneyland and Disney's California adventure are in Aneheim which is in Orange county not LA

Knotts Berry farm is in Buena Park which I am thinking is also in Orange county

Six Flags Magic Mountain is in Valencia in the Santa Clarita Valley, a bit North of Los Angeles

I had to pick Universal Studios as the only viable choice because isn't Hollywood actually part of Los Angeles?
Someone's always gotta be a know it all

Are you the same person that says "the Jets and Giants don't even play in New York, they can't use New York in their name!" ?

Old 11-20-2012, 09:05 PM

12,793 posts, read 15,041,540 times
As a kid, I went to Knott's the most & it was great!

Disneyland was great too, but didn't go nearly as often as a kid.

I never really cared for Universal Studios, even as an adult.

Magic Mountain is THE BEST for adults. In fact, I'm in my 30s & for the first time ever, I bought a 2013 season pass. I figured, why the heck not! Better now than in my 40s.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:11 AM

10,078 posts, read 15,886,397 times
Quote:
Universal Studios Hollywood theme park in Los Angeles, California

San Fernando Valley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Check out these two sites.

Universal Studios Hollywood is infact in the San Fernando Valley a place that includes more than half of the City of Los Angeles land area. Universal Studios is in the LA part of that land area. Hollywood is a neighborhood in that part of the city. Remember that LA is made up of many great and amazing neighborhoods that all could be their own cities if allowed. Many were their own cities at one time.

Say what you want about theme parks. I would bet that those people living in Orange County would consider Disney part of their community. Starting a thread about something that is in LA is a lot differant than starting a thread about something that is in a metro area. Don't you think? Your including an area that encompasas Orange county, LA County, Ventura County, Riverside County. Kind of big don't you think?
Universal Studios is in Universal City, which actually is an unincorporated area - it's not a part of the city of Los Angeles, but only because of a weird quirk. Hollywood is not in the San Fernando Valley though, North Hollywood is but that is a new-ish name - it is a separate neighborhood from Hollywood, as they are separated by a mountain range.

Last edited by munchitup; 11-21-2012 at 11:39 AM..

Old 11-21-2012, 11:36 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,833,811 times
Quote:
Disneyland and Disney's California adventure are in Aneheim which is in Orange county not LA

Knotts Berry farm is in Buena Park which I am thinking is also in Orange county

Six Flags Magic Mountain is in Valencia in the Santa Clarita Valley, a bit North of Los Angeles

I had to pick Universal Studios as the only viable choice because isn't Hollywood actually part of Los Angeles?
Universal Studios is in Universal City.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:20 PM

399 posts, read 729,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
Universal Studios is in Universal City, which actually is an unincorporated area - it's not a part of the city of Los Angeles, but only because of a weird quirk. Hollywood is not in the San Fernando Valley though, North Hollywood is but that is a new-ish name - it is a separate neighborhood from Hollywood, as they are separated by a mountain range.
That's correct. I seem to recall that the LASD patrols Universal City (not sure from what station, though).

Old 11-21-2012, 02:12 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,886,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by transitfan View Post
That's correct. I seem to recall that the LASD patrols Universal City (not sure from what station, though).
I think they have one there

Old 11-21-2012, 04:18 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,866,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoLA View Post
I'm a lover of roller coasters, so there is really only one choice -- Six Flags.
^^^That.
Disneyland is a wondrous place but has specious roots, that kind of dampen the whole fantasy.

Besides naming names for blacklisting by HUAC, ol' Walt was trying to sanitize Hollywood:

Quote:
Walt was the founder and vice-president in 1944 of the Motion Picture Alliance for the Preservation of American Ideals (MPA). "The MPA was organized to combat a rising tide of communism, fascism, and kindred beliefs that seek by subversive means to undermine and change this American way of life." In 1947, the same year of Walt's testimony, the MPA published a guide for producers that listed some of the "subtle Communistic touches" to avoid in motion picture scripts. Among its recommendations:
1. Don't smear the free enterprise system.

2. Don't smear industrialists.

3. Don't smear wealth. "It is the proper wish of every decent American to stand on his own feet, earn his own living, and be as good at it as he can."

4. Don't smear the profit motive.

5. Don't smear success.

6. Don't glorify failure.

7. Don't glorify depravity. "Go easy on stories about murderers, perverts and all the rest of that sordid stuff."

8. Don't deify "the common man." "The common man is one of the worst slogans of communism and too many of us have fallen for it without thinking. Don't ever use any line about the common man or the little people. It's not the American idea to be either common or little."
Walt Disney and the Communist Threat

Funny how #8 sounds suspiciously like something Mitt Romney would say
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles