Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 09:41 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,958,764 times

Advertisements

I have a weird question but why do so many celebs live in the valley? I thought they would be more likely to live in Weho... Do you think there are more in the valley than WeHo?

I check out papparazi photos often of celebs (it's just a hobby) and it seems like many are always in the valley. Celebs that live in Studio City include Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale and Hillary Duff around Toluca Lake and I know Britney Spears used to live in Studio City in the hills on Summit.

I've seen papparazi pics of Britney going to the Topanga Mall, at the Sherman Oaks Galleria and all over the place in the valley. A lot of the celebs also seem to work out and go to the gyms on Ventura... I think Pink also used to own a house there...

I see pics of a lot of celebs about in Studio City, not necessarily living there but they are always photographed in the area going to Coffee Bean or Starbucks there or eating at a restaurant or picking up food there... Why is it such a hot spot? I thought the valley wasn't that great because it gets insanely hot...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 09:58 PM

30 posts, read 105,930 times
Some areas of the valley are still nice and have good places to hang out. Like the areas you've mentioned, Studio City, Toluca Lake, Sherman Oaks, are all great areas, good Restaurants, places to shop, and a lot more.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:02 PM

Howl long does it usually take to drive from studio city to Weho? During rush hour and without?

Old 09-08-2011, 10:19 PM

25 posts, read 181,845 times
As Steven noted, the San Fernando Valley is quite large and includes some VERY nice areas especially the portions between Mullholland Drive (South) and Ventura Blvd/Ventura Freeway (north): Studio City, Sherman, Oaks, Encino, Tarzana, Woodland Hills, Calabasas, and Hidden Hills (an exclusive gated horse community).

The hillside communities in these areas offer exclusive, executive housing with stunning views. The homes on the "valley" side of the Santa Monicas do not get the ocean or downtown views but they do get sweeping views of the San Gabriel Mountains and the lights of the valley floor at night are amazing (on clear nights). These areas are somewhat removed from the spotlight of Beverly Hills or the Hollywood Hills. So I think some entertainment industry folks like the valley b/c they feel somewhat removed from the buzz of LA, yet are only a short drive away to the studios (many of which are located in the valley).

Don't believe everything you see in the movies or television. Los Angeles is a big city and you should never pigeon hole one area as this or that. Next time take a look at Baldwin Hills/Cresnshaw area, the so called "black" Beverly Hills of LA. South LA isn't just a ghetto. It has got some very nice pockets including Baldwin Hills......

Old 09-08-2011, 10:26 PM

611 posts, read 1,600,085 times
During rush hour it takes me 30-35min. or so from my apt (crescent hts & sunset area) to my friends apt in studio city (ventura blvd & longridge area) using Laurel Canyon. Without traffic, I can do it in 15 to 20 min.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightscape View Post
During rush hour it takes me 30-35min. or so from my apt (crescent hts & sunset area) to my friends apt in studio city (ventura blvd & longridge area) using Laurel Canyon. Without traffic, I can do it in 15 to 20 min.
Is it faster to take Laurel Canyon or the Cahuenga way or the 101? I been there once and took Cahuenga Pass into WeHo.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:40 PM

497 posts, read 1,503,408 times
Many live up off mulholland and drop down both sides for convenience items etc.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
Is it faster to take Laurel Canyon or the Cahuenga way or the 101? I been there once and took Cahuenga Pass into WeHo.
Well I practically live at the foot of laurel canyon on the weho side, so I hardly ever take cahuenga or 101 since its out of the way for me. If laurel canyon is a complete sh** storm, I'll take the 101depending on traffic. Google maps traffic on your smartphone will become your best friend during weekday commutes!

It all depends on where you're coming from. Say for instance you were going up the 101 from downtown, you would continue up 101 into studio city.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightscape View Post
Well I practically live at the foot of laurel canyon on the weho side, so I hardly ever take cahuenga or 101 since its out of the way for me. If laurel canyon is a complete sh** storm, I'll take the 101depending on traffic. Google maps on your smartphone will become your best friend during weekday commutes!
Google maps doesn't come with traffic info does it? I usually use Sigalert but that's for freeways.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
Google maps doesn't come with traffic info does it? I usually use Sigalert but that's for freeways.
For Android it does. Google maps has traffic for surface streets as well for android. Im assuming you have an iphone then?
Google maps with traffic on Android right now-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles