Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 07:41 AM

17 posts, read 31,635 times

Advertisements

The answer is pretty simple they print the money in order to make housing unaffordable at the end of the day the day The result is clear. The bank ends up owning everything and when they own everything then they can charge what they want. Laws of supply and demand don't work if supply is fixed. Imagine if you owned all coffee beans in the world. The market becomes uncompetetive and you can charge $20. Cup of coffee even if demand is low. But if you have competition they will sell for less so you just sell less too. So buy out competition by printing money and there you go back to $20. A cup of coffee.
Well lets be real though. Even though you argument may be that people are willing to pay the price of this real estate but in reality 2 factors come into play #1 its not theirs money. Noone buys a house or starts a business etc without a bank loan. Everything is way too expensive and only bank can afford. So really these people that are bidding up the price are not really bidding up the price because they never actually had 1 million dollars andk probably never will. In reality the bank owns everything and is simply renting it to you weather or not you think youbown that house most likely your not paying it off and never will.

Really you are no different then the Chinese factory workers. Sure they make 300$a month and you make $3000 a month but what's the difference if rent is 2500 a month? At the end of the day you still get the same thing. Work all day and get a little bed a little food and maybe a couple extras if you work hard enough. If your salary was 1 million a month but rent was $900,000 a month. Still same place. So really amount of money doesn't matter its your quality of life at the end of the day. And its about the leaders giving you less to get more work out of you

Slave labor is nothing new its been going on since the beginning of written history "pyramids were built by Jewish slaves in Egypt". Its the most valuable commodity available and those who control it basically control the world. If money is king "which we can all agree it is" then what about the person printing the money?

Do you really think you live in a democracy? Think about it diebold Inc. Makes your voting machines. Bofa owns diebold. So when you voted in Obama "who Obama and bush rushed to give your bailout and stimulus packages directly to banks." They built the voting machine that you voted on which then gave them all the bailout money. So if you think our electoral system is screwed up don't worry that's only the part that you can see. God knows what's going on in the back door that you can't see. I can tell you one thing. No matter what politician wins the won due to money and the bank printed that money so who's really running this system. Well if you want to figure out it. All you must do is this : work all day. And watch where your money goes at the end of the day. Its usually the bank because bank owns farm land oil companies and real estate. So they print the money you work for it then give it back to them. Great system huh?

Last edited by thethinkman; 03-04-2012 at 08:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 10:37 AM

'America lives in a fascist state' - Gerald Celente - YouTube

Someone should elect this man president

Old 03-04-2012, 11:19 AM

Are we really a fascist country now similar to hitlers nazi regime or Mussolinis Italy?

What Is Fascism? | by John T. Flynn - YouTube

Old 03-04-2012, 12:19 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasdan View Post

The rest of your post sounds more like a conspiracy theory than actual economics.
This thread seems to be going this way.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:01 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajae90 View Post
I don't understand; you can't follow the logic of what? That IS the current plan; to get rid of the middle-class. I didn't say that EVERYTHING cost more, but I was implying that the cost of basic needs are rising, which is a fact, I'm not talking cell phones or other electronics or candy bars; i'm talking having a roof over your head, healthy food (so you can see past the age of 50), medical/health care and insurance, car insurance, utility bills, medication, perscription glasses, etc.....you know....STUFF YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT! I am not speaking of a cellphone, cable or a candy bar.......lol

"Getting rid of the middle class would be a dumb move... and as this thread has pointed out... rich are calculating... so why would the collective "They" do something against their own self interest?"

Actually, it wouldn't be a dumb move if you are rich and want to get richer. In order for the rich (millionaires/billionaires) to get more rich, people have to get more poor to balance things out. They are not thinking for the long-term...like us regular folks. They are thinking short-term gain.

AND, it is not hard to target the middle-class working family when you are raising the prices of property/state taxes every year, despite the fact that most people are experiencing a decrease or total loss of salary. Come on now! Inflation on EVERYTHING is still occuring despite the increase of foreclosures, loan/credit debts and unemployment rates. If that is not trying to wipe out the middle-class, I don't what is
Inflation benefits those that owe... whether it is an individual, business or government...

Killing the geese that lay the golden eggs... i.e. the middle class is short sighted because there is no way a 1 or even 5% of the population owning everything at the expense of the middle and lower middle will ever last... the many against the few will ultimately take over...

Don't know about your specific situation... homes are much less expensive in many areas and some areas it is much, much less expensive then just a few years ago and interest rates are artificially kept low...

Anyone remember paying 15% on a home loan??? I do.

Again.. inflation hurts those with money in the bank...

Old 03-04-2012, 10:32 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,978,786 times
Thinkman: you appear hell bent on believing whatever crazy theory suits your paranoid mind.

As has been stated many times in this tread, rents are rising in LA because of supply and demand. Supply is low (LA County vacancy is 4.9%) and demand (population growth) is rising.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:39 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
It's called the "sunshine tax."

Old 03-04-2012, 11:09 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethinkman View Post
No one buys a house or starts a business etc without a bank loan.
Bought my first home without a bank loan... paid cash for it with money I had save from 9 years of working... I was 21 and started paying into social security at age 12.

Sure... the home was 800 square feet on a 25 x 100 lot that was scheduled for a condemnation hearing...

I quickly hauled away the trash... painted and put in a new lawn to avoid condemnation and made a lot of new friends in the neighborhood...

Saying no one buys a home or starts a business without a loan is just buying into the ideas that make you dependant.

I know plenty of contractors and service people that started businesses with nothing more than an old pickup truck or van combined with talent and a desire to succeed.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:06 AM

So its possible for an average person to buy a 300,000$ Home without a loan?
Make 35k a year over half goes to housing so your left with 17k now take 7k for car car and gas now you have 10k so now food? Another 7k so now you have 3k a year left. Great you can save that considering you won't need anything other then food transpertatiojn and housing. It will take you 100 years to buy a house cash. But get a mortgage out of nowhere it becomes possible. Only difference pay an extra 30% for housing so.now work harder.
Hey look Noone is questioning its possible to start a business without a loan. I did it too. But really these days your options are limited most mom and pop retail is gone. Service industry is still OK. But I hate the word service make you think of "servant"

Old 03-05-2012, 10:33 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,539,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethinkman View Post
So its possible for an average person to buy a 300,000$ Home without a loan?
Make 35k a year over half goes to housing so your left with 17k now take 7k for car car and gas now you have 10k so now food? Another 7k so now you have 3k a year left. Great you can save that considering you won't need anything other then food transpertatiojn and housing. It will take you 100 years to buy a house cash. But get a mortgage out of nowhere it becomes possible. Only difference pay an extra 30% for housing so.now work harder.
Hey look Noone is questioning its possible to start a business without a loan. I did it too. But really these days your options are limited most mom and pop retail is gone. Service industry is still OK. But I hate the word service make you think of "servant"
Don't buy a $300,000 house if you make $35,000 per year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles