Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 07:28 PM

264 posts, read 281,236 times

Advertisements

That dude sucks bad. To shoot a retired cops' daughter and her fiancé proves nothing to anybody. To think somebody like this could have been a cop makes me ill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 08:02 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,785,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now What View Post
That dude sucks bad. To shoot a retired cops' daughter and her fiancé proves nothing to anybody. To think somebody like this could have been a cop makes me ill.
Does it make you equally ill that cops around the country shoot hundreds of unarmed people in the United States every year without significant repercussions (or any repercussions for that matter)? Does it make you equally ill when police departments are caught in prostitution rings and money laundering schemes? Did it make you equally ill when the Rampart scandal surfaced?

There are plenty of screwed up cops... this is but one of them. And from the look of things, he wasn't screwed up while he was actually a cop which is more than a lot of them can say.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:03 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,773,313 times
The manifesto was a mouthful to read. In fact, I wasn't even sure what I was reading.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:19 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,785,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
The manifesto was a mouthful to read. In fact, I wasn't even sure what I was reading.
It was pretty clear-cut to me... if I had to list what the 5 sections of it were in order:

1) The importance of his name (he refers back to this a number of times)
2) What he lost his name over
3) His origins
4) Expands his aim (talks about other cases, general LAPD corrruption)
5) What he's going to do about it (retribution, hit-list)

If anything, it was the clearness of his argument that took me by surprise.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:19 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,649,441 times
Christopher Dorner's Truck Found Burning on Mountain - ABC News

Old 02-07-2013, 09:00 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,895,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
I'm very well aware of the internal ongoings within LAPD and I'd bet $1000 that I know more about LAPD corruption in general, and on the Rampart scandal in particular than you do. In fact, I still find it hillarious when I inform people of all the corruption that has gone on with LAPD in the past 15 years or so and they are amazed(like theyve never heard of cops killing people to steal drugs(Ruben Palomares, William Ferguson), raping(Joseph Robinson, etc).
A few months before he got nailed, a friend of mine called the LAPD because she heard a prowler outside her in-law cottage, and Joseph Robinson and his partner responded. She said that he was very, very nice to her, but gave her his card with his cell phone on it, and told her that she should call him if she ever was scared again, instead of calling 911. A couple nights later, she heard a prowler again, called 911, and he responded within a couple minutes, very angry with her for not calling him... she testified against him, and still had his business card with the number on it.

The LAPD does have a history of hiring some absolutely wonderful people, don't they?

Old 02-07-2013, 09:18 PM

8,949 posts, read 11,815,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
It was pretty clear-cut to me... if I had to list what the 5 sections of it were in order:

1) The importance of his name (he refers back to this a number of times)
2) What he lost his name over
3) His origins
4) Expands his aim (talks about other cases, general LAPD corrruption)
5) What he's going to do about it (retribution, hit-list)

If anything, it was the clearness of his argument that took me by surprise.
I too thought the writing was clear. He gave very specific names, dates, events, etc. He even urged the media to investigate his allegations. I gave the manifesto the benefit of the doubt and hope an investigation will happen.

Who is worse: the former cop who has exhausted all options to clear his name (according to him)?

Or the cops who almost killed innocent people by shooting them from behind?

Old 02-07-2013, 09:20 PM

264 posts, read 281,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Does it make you equally ill that cops around the country shoot hundreds of unarmed people in the United States every year without significant repercussions (or any repercussions for that matter)? Does it make you equally ill when police departments are caught in prostitution rings and money laundering schemes? Did it make you equally ill when the Rampart scandal surfaced?

There are plenty of screwed up cops... this is but one of them. And from the look of things, he wasn't screwed up while he was actually a cop which is more than a lot of them can say.
Yes, yes and yes. And I wouldn't conclude that he wasn't messed up as a cop based on what he is putting out there. I'm not as anxious to take the word of an admitted murderer.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:20 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,345,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
He makes specific allegations against specific individuals in his manifesto. If any of those allegations are true, the LAPD has a lot of explaining to do.
I bet doughnuts to a dollar that he allegations will never see the light of day. The racism of the LAPD is too deeply entrenched into their system.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:27 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,345,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
I'm very well aware of the internal ongoings within LAPD and I'd bet $1000 that I know more about LAPD corruption in general, and on the Rampart scandal in particular than you do. In fact, I still find it hillarious when I inform people of all the corruption that has gone on with LAPD in the past 15 years or so and they are amazed(like theyve never heard of cops killing people to steal drugs(Ruben Palomares, William Ferguson), raping(Joseph Robinson, etc).

Thats not the issue here...in this direct incident and in fact has zero to do with the current incident. What does have merit and value is the direct words of Christopher Dorner....stuff like about how other officers sang Nazi songs, cops dropping the N word, all the accusations against officers of various ethnic backgrounds and sexual orientations.....

That stuff does not happen in real life. Everyone knows to avoid it. LAPD is majority female or minority...I believe at this point caucasian males are less than 1/3 of the officers in the department. Women, latino, black, and asian officers hold positions all the way up to assistant chief, and LAPD has had two black chiefs. Not that isolated incidents don't occur, but the way Dorner presents it is entirely laughable.

What it does reflect is that Christopher Dorner is an individual in whom mental illness has manifested in an unfortunate way. I'm inclined to believe it may be a PTSD issue, but really can't be sure at this point.
Denial is more than just a river. If you were black working in these type of conditions especially after serving your country, why should this be accepted in any form what-so-ever? The man like many other blacks just snapped, the difference is that he is focused on what he is doing and knows who his enemies actually are and how to deal with them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles