Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2013, 11:00 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,764,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Doesn't look to be the case. This is one of several statements about Dorner's behavior that's been uncovered in the past 24 hours.

"Dorner was accused of punching a recruit in the chest while he was in the Police Academy in 2006. That recruit, Abraham Schefres, was wearing a bulletproof vest and a trauma plate, when Dorner allegedly punched him..."
Dorner had history of complaints against fellow LAPD officers - latimes.com

Did you actually read the manifesto? Dorner talks about all of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 12:10 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,632,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Actually, that is the original version. I had to bleep out n***** and f***ing because of the City Data filter. If it was the media version names like "Jim Armstrong" would have been edited out.

Why unquestioningly believe the LAPD?
Its not unquestioningly believing LAPD.

Its taking the ramblings of a nutjob and discarding them on face because...well...he is a nut job.

I actually wonder what it says about people that accept what Donner wrote in his manifesto that psychologists are stating his writtings are those of someone who has personality disorders.

Quote:
Those who study the psyches of criminals said Dorner's aggressive and self-aggrandizing rant indicates a classic case of malignant narcissist personality disorder. Some people with the disorder are extremely thin-skinned and vengeful, said Mary Ellen O'Toole, a retired FBI profiler.
They may seem insecure, she said, but in reality their rages — and even tears — are extreme reactions to real or imagined criticisms because they have such grandiose visions of themselves.
"He's putting in his manifesto that he's going to use all the training he received as an LAPD officer and as a military officer to basically hold Southern California hostage, and to be there when you least expect it," she said. "Is he deadly? Yes. Of course he has killed people."
"But is he capable of taking on some 1,000 officers looking for him? That's someone with a personality disorder," she said.

Court file: LA ex-cop was disturbed, self-obsessed - Yahoo! News

One also wonders what to make of those who say they can "see where Donner is coming from" even after reading the above assessment.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:32 PM

13,630 posts, read 10,036,471 times
I'm wondering what position any of these people that are being attacked by the police, would be in if they had defended themselves.

Last edited by BECLAZONE; 02-09-2013 at 12:47 PM..

Old 02-09-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
Its not unquestioningly believing LAPD.

Its taking the ramblings of a nutjob and discarding them on face because...well...he is a nut job.

I actually wonder what it says about people that accept what Donner wrote in his manifesto that psychologists are stating his writtings are those of someone who has personality disorders.

Court file: LA ex-cop was disturbed, self-obsessed - Yahoo! News

One also wonders what to make of those who say they can "see where Donner is coming from" even after reading the above assessment.
Perhaps it's because some of the "ramblings" aren't as crazy - or crazy at all - as some of you would like to make them out to be.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:15 PM

2,720 posts, read 5,627,872 times
Perhaps his environment of stress and frustration with the LAPD made him unstable. I doubt any if this spurred out of nowhere. I don't want to believe in conspiracies but the shooting of the paper route ladies made me think they were out to shoot to kill. Don't wanna say more until I research it further but you never know this could be an attempt to silence a guy who knows some dirt about cops or is a total embarrassment to the force.

Either way and this is probably the most likely solution; the police force is an institution and it has several systemic flaws that can create some pretty unstable and brutal cops. Much like the blowback of questionable allies the CIA uses, this is blowback. Of course the media will not look at it this way and just peddle the insane unstable line instead of questioning the institution of the police force

Old 02-09-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Perhaps it's because some of the "ramblings" aren't as crazy - or crazy at all - as some of you would like to make them out to be.
You discard what people who are professionally trained say about Dorner and instead choose your own individual uneducated evaluation?

Dude, thats crazy.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:36 PM

26,739 posts, read 26,828,098 times
Quote:
You discard what people who are professionally trained say about Dorner and instead choose your own individual uneducated evaluation?
Agreed; that's hard to understand.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaFan View Post
Perhaps his environment of stress and frustration with the LAPD made him unstable. I doubt any if this spurred out of nowhere. I don't want to believe in conspiracies but the shooting of the paper route ladies made me think they were out to shoot to kill. Don't wanna say more until I research it further but you never know this could be an attempt to silence a guy who knows some dirt about cops or is a total embarrassment to the force.

Either way and this is probably the most likely solution; the police force is an institution and it has several systemic flaws that can create some pretty unstable and brutal cops. Much like the blowback of questionable allies the CIA uses, this is blowback. Of course the media will not look at it this way and just peddle the insane unstable line instead of questioning the institution of the police force

Really?

More embarassing than a cop raping hookers(Joseph Robinson)?

Ex-LAPD Officer Gets Life for Rapes - Los Angeles Times

More embarassing than cops doing home invasion robberies on drug houses while using LAPD uniforms and cars(William Ferguson and Ruben Palomares)?

Ex-cop gets 102 years for theft-ring role - Los Angeles Times

More embarassing than working with Death Row Records and pulling a gun on a LAPD undercover narco officer(Kevin Gaines?)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_G...police_officer)

More embarassing than framing suspects, stealing narcotics from evidence, and being an active gang member, not to mention unleashing info that implicates several other LAPD officers(Rafael Perez)?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafael_...police_officer)

Funny how NOT ONE OF THOSE OFFICERS WAS SILENCED!!!!!!

In fact, every single one except Gaines is still alive. And Gaines is only dead because he is a complete and utter moron not to mention a scumbag. The UC Narco guy he pulled a gun on(Frank Lyga) killed Gaines first.

You conspiracy theory wackos need to knock it off. There is none here and the evidence proves that.

BTW, anyone notice how I continually post factual proof, backed by the source material? That is how you prove a point.

And the point here is that LAPD has been exposed as corrupt in the past...horribly so in fact. At the same time, this Dorner guy is not exposing anything. He was not triggered by LAPD...in fact, he was a nut job well prior. Does LAPD need to examine its background checks and psyche profiles? Hell yeah it does. No way a dude like this should have gotten through and been hired. But is Dorner exposing some massive LAPD coverup? Nah, he is just a nut as shown by the professional opinions based on his manifesto. And at this point, so are those that sympathize or empathize with him and are using his writings as basis to condemn the LAPD.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:04 PM

2,720 posts, read 5,627,872 times
Moron thank you for proving my point about some cops and their unstable behavior. I said the most likely scenario is that this is an institutional problem not the result of some conspiracy. The corruption of the 90s I believe was an institutional systemic problem. Cops engaging in brutal behavior is a problem that should be addressed by evaluating the police force in general not always blaming it on nuts.

I tend to look at things holistically. 9/11 attacks didn't happen out of a vacuum but were the long result on complex descisions by policy makers and bad foreign policy. I am not a conspiracy nut. I don't really think that it's some nefarious plot I merely said it might be but I don't know and the most likely thing is that the guy became unstable as a result of his environment and that environment should be examined.

Why do you assume that the case is closed on him just being a nut? How are these nuts created? Why do they do the things they do? You're the type that answers "cus they're nuts that's why". But that's circular reasoning.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Really?

More embarassing than a cop raping hookers(Joseph Robinson)?

Ex-LAPD Officer Gets Life for Rapes - Los Angeles Times

More embarassing than cops doing home invasion robberies on drug houses while using LAPD uniforms and cars(William Ferguson and Ruben Palomares)?

Ex-cop gets 102 years for theft-ring role - Los Angeles Times

More embarassing than working with Death Row Records and pulling a gun on a LAPD undercover narco officer(Kevin Gaines?)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_G...police_officer)

More embarassing than framing suspects, stealing narcotics from evidence, and being an active gang member, not to mention unleashing info that implicates several other LAPD officers(Rafael Perez)?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafael_...police_officer)

Funny how NOT ONE OF THOSE OFFICERS WAS SILENCED!!!!!!

In fact, every single one except Gaines is still alive. And Gaines is only dead because he is a complete and utter moron not to mention a scumbag. The UC Narco guy he pulled a gun on(Frank Lyga) killed Gaines first.

You conspiracy theory wackos need to knock it off. There is none here and the evidence proves that.

BTW, anyone notice how I continually post factual proof, backed by the source material? That is how you prove a point.

And the point here is that LAPD has been exposed as corrupt in the past...horribly so in fact. At the same time, this Dorner guy is not exposing anything. He was not triggered by LAPD...in fact, he was a nut job well prior. Does LAPD need to examine its background checks and psyche profiles? Hell yeah it does. No way a dude like this should have gotten through and been hired. But is Dorner exposing some massive LAPD coverup? Nah, he is just a nut as shown by the professional opinions based on his manifesto. And at this point, so are those that sympathize or empathize with him and are using his writings as basis to condemn the LAPD.
I might be inclined to agree with you if some of the claims made in the manifesto hadn't already been corroborated.

Exclusive: Family at Center of Manhunt Subject's Manifesto Urges Surrender | NBC Southern California

Aggressive LAPD clique of tattooed 'alpha dogs' face the sack - NYPOST.com

And in the schoolyard example people are using to say he "holds a grudge against the system", that wasn't how I read that at all. I think some of you just haven't ever actually had to face some of the challenges that come along with being a minority in a very racially charged institution like the LAPD... what looks imaginary to you is very real to others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles