Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2013, 09:19 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,603,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
What happened was wrong, what he did was wrong.

However, this is the LAPD's own creation comming back for them. He needs to be stopped, and they need to be put on blast.

It's sad it had to happen this way, but LAPD's image is(once again), unraveling.
In other words, the chickens have come home to roost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 09:31 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,955,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
This is just like the 911 issue, even when certain facts are brought up it will be dismissed as being the rantings of a crazy person.
That's because some of those "certain facts" ARE the rantings of crazy people. **cough** Alex Jones

Old 02-09-2013, 12:23 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,764,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Apparently the "illegal behavior" was made up by Dorner. And that's why he was let go.
Exclusive: Family at Center of Manhunt Subject's Manifesto Urges Surrender | NBC Southern California

Actually, in that article the dad (Mr. Gettler) confirms that his son did sustain injuries that both the son and Dorner claimed were from the police. Police brutality is indeed illegal...

Old 02-09-2013, 12:41 AM

Quote:
I can imagine that it can. At first I heard that all Dorner did was blow the whistle on racist and or unethical behavior. However, from what I've read in the last two days, apparently he's been holding a grudge against the world since he was in elementary school. Stuffing that anger had to have contributed to this.

Uh... Did you actually read the manifesto? In case you didn't, here's what he actually said about that incident:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manifesto
Journalist, I want you to investigate every location I resided in growing up. Find any incidents where I was ever accused of being a bully. You won’t, because it doesn’t exist. It’s not in my DNA. Never was. I was the only black kid in each of my elementary school classes from first grade to seventh grade in junior high and any instances where I was disciplined for fighting was in response to fellow students provoking common childhood schoolyard fights, or calling me a n***** or other derogatory racial names. I grew up in neighborhoods where blacks make up less than 1%. My first recollection of racism was in the first grade at Norwalk Christian elementary school in Norwalk, CA. A fellow student, Jim Armstrong if I can recall, called me a n**** on the playground. My response was swift and non-lethal. I struck him fast and hard with a punch an kick. He cried and reported it to a teacher. The teacher reported it to the principal. The principal swatted Jim for using a derogatory word toward me. He then for some unknown reason swatted me for striking Jim in response to him calling me a n*****. He stated as good Christians we are to turn the other cheek as Jesus did. Problem is, I’m not a ****ing Christian and that old book, made of fiction and limited non-fiction, called the bible, never once stated Jesus was called a n*****. How dare you swat me for standing up for my rights for demanding that I be treated as a equal human being. That day I made a life decision that i will not tolerate racial derogatory terms spoken to me. Unfortunately I was swatted multiple times for the same exact reason up until junior high. Terminating me for telling the truth of a caucasian officer kicking a mentally ill man is disgusting. Don’t ever call me a ****ing bully.
Honestly I can very easily relate to the point he made in that... There's consequences for every decision. There are consequences for action the same way there are consequences for inaction. He prefers the consequences of action (institutional condemnation) because the benefit is being able to live with himself.

I don't agree with the action he's currently taking but he doesn't strike me as a nut-job either.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:27 AM

26,739 posts, read 26,828,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Uh... Did you actually read the manifesto? In case you didn't, here's what he actually said about that incident:
Uh, the manifesto has been edited. We're not reading the original version.

Quote:
I don't agree with the action he's currently taking but he doesn't strike me as a nut-job either.
Who said he was a "nut job"? Facts are being uncovered that shows Dorner had a pattern of accusing many people of things that they did not do (former classmates, his ex-wife, military personnel, LAPD officers). Just weighing the info here.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Actually, in that article the dad (Mr. Gettler) confirms that his son did sustain injuries that both the son and Dorner claimed were from the police....
...but not from the LAPD officer whom Dorner accused of hitting his son. And later his son claimed that he can't remember being hit.

No one is saying that police brutality doesn't exist.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:00 AM

455 posts, read 1,132,227 times
Not to make light of events but honestly i would be terrified to be walking around southern california right now if i were a large black man.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:51 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,988,688 times
Really sad about the newspaper carriers being shot too. Apparently the cops are not good defining colors or makes of vehicles. But they were under "incredible tension" so that absolves them of everything. Just call it a "tragic misinterpretation". It's amazing both women were not killed. It would be very tragic if more people were killed by Dorner or mistakenly by the officers.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
...this is the LAPD's own creation comming back for them. It's sad it had to happen this way, but LAPD's image is (once again), unraveling.
Doesn't look to be the case. This is one of several statements about Dorner's behavior that's been uncovered in the past 24 hours.

"Dorner was accused of punching a recruit in the chest while he was in the Police Academy in 2006. That recruit, Abraham Schefres, was wearing a bulletproof vest and a trauma plate, when Dorner allegedly punched him..."
Dorner had history of complaints against fellow LAPD officers - latimes.com

Old 02-09-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Uh, the manifesto has been edited. We're not reading the original version.
Actually, that is the original version. I had to bleep out n***** and f***ing because of the City Data filter. If it was the media version names like "Jim Armstrong" would have been edited out.

Quote:
Who said he was a "nut job"? Facts are being uncovered that shows Dorner had a pattern of accusing many people of things that they did not do (former classmates, his ex-wife, military personnel, LAPD officers). Just weighing the info here.
Why unquestioningly believe the LAPD?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles