Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2013, 08:22 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,632,544 times

Advertisements

Why are conspiracy nuts from all over the place comming and acting like they know what LA centric issues are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 08:23 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,059,397 times
Looks like white people and law enforcement in Southern California are in a stereotypical rage right now since this happened. Also seems like racial tension is increasing as well.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:30 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
interesting how with all our high tech abilities & money, a crazy hate filled black ex cop can evade the entire system for weeks. just like the mid east illiterate people with WWII surplus weapons-- have stalemated us for over 10 years. the american government claims to be the great and powerful oz-- but i wonder .

Old 02-11-2013, 08:41 AM

792 posts, read 1,302,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
I bet he's in Southern Utah.

He went to school in Cedar City.
I'll take that bet ! If you were familiar with Cedar, that area, is small, this guy would be recognized in a heart beat.......The last place this guy would go is a small, predominately white, heavily influenced, LDS town.......go check out Cedar and get back to me......BTW....I am NOT slammin either Cedar or the LDS faith....it's a nice, little town..........

Old 02-11-2013, 09:17 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,955,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
The LAPD aren't ideal, but they also aren't the horrible thugs that some people are making them out to be. Idiots. If one of those Dorner supporters who think he's some sort of Robin Hood figure were being attacked or robbed, you bet their cowardly ass would call the LAPD to defend them. I hate any police departments' citation policy, and I hate that most cops are on power trips, but by and large they are protecting and serving us. Would anyone want their job? Having to go out any day knowing some psycho might kill you. Even if Dorner was some anti-authoritarian hero, he murdered an innocent young woman and her fiance just for being the RELATIVE of a cop... so he's nothing more than a barbaric piece of excrement who deserves hell
I doubt there are many Dorner supporters. The man killed other human beings, one of which was a relative of someone who tried to defend him in the disciplinary hearing, if nothing else they are innocent of anything in this mess.

However, Dorner has the right to due process or the police and laws stand for nothing. While civilians will violate the law and commit heinous crimes, once the police disregard the law we're done for. Without the trust in law enforcement that you will have due process through the criminal justice system, anarchy quickly ensues. Regardless of what Dorner has done or will do, due process must take precedence. Now, if he forces the actions that result in his death, so be it, he made that choice.

This now brings up the issue of the death penalty in California. For practical purposes, there is none. So for many people, capturing Dorner alive goes against the grain because in all likelihood, he would not be executed. Still, there can't be a sanction for an ad hoc execution. Once that happens what is the difference between Dorner and anyone else, the mindset of the police officer holding the pistol? Who wants that?

The million dollar reward is over the top. There have been children taken and believed to be alive in the presence of their captors and when was the last time we saw a reward for a million dollars? If the reward works, what happens the next time and the next time not being a former police officer who decided he'd had enough of whatever he had? Is there going to be a million dollar reward for a serial murderer? So far there hasn't and a lot of them killed a lot more people than Dorner. The LA mayor is grandstanding and trying to impress a public that is starting to ask a lot of questions.

Dorner deserves the harshest penalty, no question. Who thinks he is the only one out there? Always dealing with the results just costs the lives of innocents.

Dig a hole and after trial, if he makes it, shove him in it and cover him up but he is a symptom of a broken system that needs to be addressed. If all that happens is he gets caught or killed, what do we say the next time because there will be a next time.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:16 AM

4,213 posts, read 8,309,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
I doubt there are many Dorner supporters. The man killed other human beings, one of which was a relative of someone who tried to defend him in the disciplinary hearing, if nothing else they are innocent of anything in this mess.

However, Dorner has the right to due process or the police and laws stand for nothing. While civilians will violate the law and commit heinous crimes, once the police disregard the law we're done for. Without the trust in law enforcement that you will have due process through the criminal justice system, anarchy quickly ensues. Regardless of what Dorner has done or will do, due process must take precedence. Now, if he forces the actions that result in his death, so be it, he made that choice.

This now brings up the issue of the death penalty in California. For practical purposes, there is none. So for many people, capturing Dorner alive goes against the grain because in all likelihood, he would not be executed. Still, there can't be a sanction for an ad hoc execution. Once that happens what is the difference between Dorner and anyone else, the mindset of the police officer holding the pistol? Who wants that?

The million dollar reward is over the top. There have been children taken and believed to be alive in the presence of their captors and when was the last time we saw a reward for a million dollars? If the reward works, what happens the next time and the next time not being a former police officer who decided he'd had enough of whatever he had? Is there going to be a million dollar reward for a serial murderer? So far there hasn't and a lot of them killed a lot more people than Dorner. The LA mayor is grandstanding and trying to impress a public that is starting to ask a lot of questions.

Dorner deserves the harshest penalty, no question. Who thinks he is the only one out there? Always dealing with the results just costs the lives of innocents.

Dig a hole and after trial, if he makes it, shove him in it and cover him up but he is a symptom of a broken system that needs to be addressed. If all that happens is he gets caught or killed, what do we say the next time because there will be a next time.
Actually, there are a fair number of Dorner supporters. Some are loonies on the Net, but even some people I know who are otherwise rational but very misinformed. They think Dorner as some sort of mythical figure, someone who's going to give cops what they deserve because cops have given them one too many speeding tickets and DUIs. That's why it's important to present Dorner as he really is.

Death would be too kind to him. Unfortunately we don't have torture, but if he's captured solitary confinement wouldn't be bad.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:56 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,911 times
I would never be so greedy as to sell Dorner out even if I could. On the other hand if I could I'd put a bounty on cops. Pay for every ear that's brought in with proof that it came from a cop.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:24 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,955,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
If that is what it takes to bring him in, so be it.... I would rather see that than know, at anytime he might kill 3 more innocent people or 6 more God knows how many...What is your solution?
Dorner is selective about who he considers fair game. He could have easily just walked into a mall and shot the place up, he didn't. So far, the LAPD has shot two completely innocent people just because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Not much really said about that. The PD gave the people a new truck. Wow.

There is no more easy solution. There will only be more killing most likely. Dorner isn't crazy, he knows what he did and why he did it. He obviously thought about it for some time.

Once we start saying the ends justifies the means, you and everyone else is fair game too. Once a society decides that "whatever it takes" is okay, it will always take whatever it takes.

Two people got shot at by the PD because they were doing whatever it takes. Always much easier to say when it isn't you. Right now, in the heightened state of mind many in the PD are experiencing, the danger to innocent people has gone way up.

Whatever it takes, until it comes to you and then suddenly where is my due process?

Last edited by Mack Knife; 02-11-2013 at 11:56 AM..

Old 02-11-2013, 11:26 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,554,110 times
So the Big Bad LAPD needs my help to find a lunatic they created
LAPD can go _________ ! fill in the Blank.
I find it hard to believe that Dorner lying about his experience with the LAPD.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:29 AM

14 posts, read 30,081 times
UPDATE THE WHOLE THING MAY BE STAGED

>Victims in helicopter crash at TV-production site are identified - latimes.com

Updated, 7:29 a.m. Feb. 11: Eyeworks USA, a TV production company, was working on a new military-themed reality series for the Discovery Channel, according to a news release posted on Eyeworks Group's website.

The whole thing may be a staged
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles