Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2013, 10:45 AM

2,518 posts, read 4,009,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Our gub'ment agents aren't doing so well in knocking on doors and disappearing people.

People seem quite free to ***** on the internet as well, and in person as per the Tea Party and Occupy protests.

It's easy to disappear in mountains, Doc. S&R efforts unfortunately often end in failure when a hiker goes missing.

Not really seeing the 1984 comparison either.
You don't see it now, you're in the midst of it. I'm looking at the 10-20 year lens, and very soon we'll be seeing drones in the air, more executive orders being enacted, and movements to remove the 2nd amendment altogether.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 11:19 AM

19,194 posts, read 16,675,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
How do the Watts riots have anything to do with Dorner or the topic of this thread?
They don't but it's never stopped a thread from going off topic before. Why should this one be any different?

Old 02-12-2013, 11:22 AM

3,049 posts, read 4,542,867 times
You can bet that the FBI is watching the e-mail and bank accounts of every close friend of Dorner's and analyzing patterns to see if someone is purchasing more groceries than normal, taking extra cash out at the grocery check stand or ATM, etc.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:07 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,026,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
a wise man once said that the beginning of the decline of human society is when people start idolizing criminals and start looking upon law enforcement officers as the criminals
The police have no one but themselves to blame for that. Somewhat often, the police ARE criminals. And their criminal activity is simply overlooked & swept under the rug.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:10 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,487,576 times
so your'e saying all LA cops are dirty

Old 02-12-2013, 12:47 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,711,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGoldstein View Post
You don't see it now, you're in the midst of it. I'm looking at the 10-20 year lens, and very soon we'll be seeing drones in the air, more executive orders being enacted, and movements to remove the 2nd amendment altogether.
Huh. I think Twinkle Toes proved pretty accurate as a Miss Cleo impersonator yesterday, but I doubt your credentials, sorry. She seemed to know I like Mexican food.

Got my grandpa's revolver to shoot any intruders until the apocalypse comes.

Care to tell me how many states would ratify a change to the 2nd amendment that you fear?

I look at the 10-20 year lense and think there might be a swing to the right next election, like in 2010.

Economy up, down, politics left, right. Been like that my whole life.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:00 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,460,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
You can bet that the FBI is watching the e-mail and bank accounts of every close friend of Dorner's and analyzing patterns to see if someone is purchasing more groceries than normal, taking extra cash out at the grocery check stand or ATM, etc.
he probably has friends or possible gangs that are against the LAPD helping him, Im sure he's had time to make back up plans on his escape

the attemped boat escape announcing to the boat owner of going to Mexico and the burned out truck are very suspicious? possibly diversion tactics

Old 02-12-2013, 01:55 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,026,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
LAPD took them off traffic duty.
YES! Fewer revenue-generating speed traps! And I wonder what the net effect will actually be on driver safety? I'm betting....very little. Motorists drive only as fast and as safely as the prevailing speed. Artificially low speed limits must be abolished!

At least here's one good thing Dorner accomplished, albeit incidentally.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:07 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,588,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
YES! Fewer revenue-generating speed traps! And I wonder what the net effect will actually be on driver safety? I'm betting....very little. Motorists drive only as fast and as safely as the prevailing speed. Artificially low speed limits must be abolished!

At least here's one good thing Dorner accomplished, albeit incidentally.
Evidence/source?

Old 02-12-2013, 02:25 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
He is in Big Bear.

Christopher Dorner in gun battle with authorities, source says - latimes.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles