Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2007, 10:05 AM

7 posts, read 30,707 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I'll be vsiting LA for the first time this month, I arrive at LAX on 30th Oct! I have engagements at Tribune studios on Sunset blvd on Wednesday but have Thu and Friday open to do stuff and hang around LA.

Can anyone suggest cheap hostels/hotels in the area to stay in for those two nights? I have a friend who lives up in Palmdale, figured it'll be a pain to travel from downtown LA to Palmdale for two nights so thought I'd ask to see if anyone can recommend any cheap places!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 10:45 PM

10 posts, read 64,923 times
Default Be careful!

Most cheap places mean dangerous places. I use to live on Argyle Ave. I moved because someone tries to break in but some buildings on that street are pretty safe. You just have to look around. Good luck!

Old 10-23-2007, 01:22 AM

3 posts, read 22,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewood View Post
Hi All,

I'll be vsiting LA for the first time this month, I arrive at LAX on 30th Oct! I have engagements at Tribune studios on Sunset blvd on Wednesday but have Thu and Friday open to do stuff and hang around LA.

Can anyone suggest cheap hostels/hotels in the area to stay in for those two nights? I have a friend who lives up in Palmdale, figured it'll be a pain to travel from downtown LA to Palmdale for two nights so thought I'd ask to see if anyone can recommend any cheap places!

Thanks!
it depends on what you call cheap, like the other person said, cheap places in LA. can be dangerous. better to stay near LAX and use public transportation, any of the hotels on Century Blvd. or Airport Blvd. would be good. if you stay up near the airport you can take the trains into Hollywood, Green/Blue/Red, on a $5.00 day pass. it is easy.
you are right, it is too far from L.A. to palmdale for two days.
good searching!

Old 10-23-2007, 12:19 PM

1,287 posts, read 5,025,695 times
Use Priceline. Select Hollywood as your location and name your price. It's the best and most reliably consistent discount travel Web site around.

In terms of "cheap" hotels, Farmers Daughter is usually a bargain, has been recently renovated, and is in a good, safe area near Hollywood. Here's the link:

Farmer's Daughter Hotel: Hollywood Hotels: Hotels in Hollywood

Old 10-24-2007, 01:31 AM

1,297 posts, read 5,509,989 times
Don't stay down by LAX, the drive would be insane especially for an out of towner and completely unnecessary. Finding a cheap hotel near LAX means you will end up East of the 405 Frwy which is way worse than hollywood.
There are plenty of inexpensive hotels in hollywood, west hollywood, and west los angeles.

Dunes hotel is about 3 blocks away from the Tribune Studios.
It is well maintained, safe and secure.
Dunes Inn - Welcome to Dune Inn, LA Los Angeles

Hollywood Downtowner is a clean place: 5601 Hollywood Blvd - Los Angeles. This one is further North East from where your working but still close.

Farmers Daughter is also a good choice as mentioned above but may be
more expensive than the two above for about the same quality.

There are also some pretty cool clubs very close/west of the hllywd downtowner and dunes along and off of sunset blvd.

Most fringe motels in hollywood have really cleaned up their act over the past several years. Places of concern that people mention are from the old days and are now limited to the old masonry bldgs that rent to down and outs on a weekly basis. You wont find these too easily as they dont advertise online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles