Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 09:28 PM

242 posts, read 499,855 times

Advertisements

@ insane4madonna
what is the definition of ghetto people?
if people shell out the cheap $35 for monthly membership fees then good for them. it shows that they are concerned and doing something to take care of their bodies. because they cannot afford 188 a month, does this make them ghetto people?
i personally would not have a problem working out someplace that i paid $35 membership. when i go to the gym i don't look and stare at the other people working out nor do i waste space in my mind to judge them. if they are at the gym working at alongside me then great, we have something positive in common.
but what defines a ghetto person? is this the same thing as what people call white trash?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 09:53 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,123,252 times
I want DTLA to improve but I still hope it maintains it's griminess.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:58 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,568,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I'm new here, but I'm one of those people that think the Westside is the best side. To me, it defines Los Angeles.
I think that prefatory clause explains what follows. Like the 2nd Amendment.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:46 PM

171 posts, read 530,934 times
What do you even mean by ghetto people? Do you know what the word ghetto means? People are always saying, ghetto this ghetto that. Sounds snobby, which is what I automatically think of when someone says Westside. Seems like it's a place full of people who thinks theirs doesn't stink. Well, it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane4madonna View Post
$188 actually. You pay for what you get
I rather pay $188 and go to a nice gym than pay $35 and be around ghetto people.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:16 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,312,876 times
Quote:
$188 actually. You pay for what you get
I rather pay $188 and go to a nice gym than pay $35 and be around ghetto people.
Nothing that great about Equinox. At the end of the day it's free weights, machines, cardio equipment. I pay $35 a month to go to my gym (though I've been grandfathered in so if you're new its like $60) and it has everything I need. More serious people get into amazing shape at my gym. You're wasting money.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:44 PM

217 posts, read 313,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyLady13 View Post
@ insane4madonna
what is the definition of ghetto people?
if people shell out the cheap $35 for monthly membership fees then good for them. it shows that they are concerned and doing something to take care of their bodies. because they cannot afford 188 a month, does this make them ghetto people?
i personally would not have a problem working out someplace that i paid $35 membership. when i go to the gym i don't look and stare at the other people working out nor do i waste space in my mind to judge them. if they are at the gym working at alongside me then great, we have something positive in common.
but what defines a ghetto person? is this the same thing as what people call white trash?
When i say ghetto people im talking about people who are nasty, not very clean, rude, etc.
I was a member of LA Fitness (the one on Hollywood Blvd) and i had to cancel my membership because people were nasty, they smell, they were low class, the front desk people were rude, etc, etc, etc. I know that when you pay $35 a month you shouldnt expect much from the kind of people you are going to be around, but that was way too much for me.
Now im a happy camper at Equinox, where i pay $300 a month (Executive Membership). Yes, most people would think that paying that kind of money its insane, but i dont. You pay for what you get. Nice locker rooms, clean showers, amazing steam room, free fruit, eucalyptus towel, clean people, free parking, etc.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:47 PM

In my opinion, to spend $188 for a gym membership per month when you can work out at the gym for $35 is foolish. i don't care how much money you have, it's plain foolish. All the gyms have similar equipment, the only difference would be the parking lot. lol. I guess the $188 gyms have exotic expensive cars in the parking lot, valet parking too?
when i wanna sweat, i wanna sweat and whether it's costing $188 or $35... i am sweating the same way.
That high price gym is not going to make me leaner or toner.... just poorer.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:53 PM

217 posts, read 313,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyLady13 View Post
In my opinion, to spend $188 for a gym membership per month when you can work out at the gym for $35 is foolish. i don't care how much money you have, it's plain foolish. All the gyms have similar equipment, the only difference would be the parking lot. lol. I guess the $188 gyms have exotic expensive cars in the parking lot, valet parking too?
A lot of people that go to Equinox go there because its a very nice and clean gym. I dont know if you ever been in one, but if you ever saw the quality of the gym, you'd understand the price.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:56 PM

Quote:
When i say ghetto people im talking about people who are nasty, not very clean, rude, etc.
I was a member of LA Fitness (the one on Hollywood Blvd) and i had to cancel my membership because people were nasty, they smell, they were low class, the front desk people were rude, etc, etc, etc. I know that when you pay $35 a month you shouldnt expect much from the kind of people you are going to be around, but that was way too much for me.
Now im a happy camper at Equinox, where i pay $300 a month (Executive Membership). Yes, most people would think that paying that kind of money its insane, but i dont. You pay for what you get. Nice locker rooms, clean showers, amazing steam room, free fruit, eucalyptus towel, clean people, free parking, etc.
I don't consider people who are nasty to be ghetto people. I actually have never used that word "ghetto people" because i have never thought anybody to be any different or less than myself. I might use the word "no class" but that's about it.
I don't know you and I don't judge people and i am not judging you now...but have you ever thought that what you see in other people is just a reflection of yourself?
do you treat people equally and with respect because I am pretty much taken aback at your usage of the word "ghetto people".
And what name would you call yourself, how would you describe yourself.... would you call yourself a diva, diva wannabe, princess, or queenie?

Old 04-01-2013, 12:16 AM

Quote:
A lot of people that go to Equinox go there because its a very nice and clean gym. I dont know if you ever been in one, but if you ever saw the quality of the gym, you'd understand the price.
I just want to say that as long as you are happy, then i am happy for you. and as long as you don't mind paying the high cost for the gym then it's not my business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles