Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 06:47 PM

7 posts, read 7,104 times

Advertisements

Downtown Los Angeles is thriving in terms of population and new construction projects. Just because one "Still sees surface level parking lots" doesn't mean that plans are not underway for those parking lots and other areas of Downtown. I urge anyone interested in what is really happening in Downtown Los Angeles in terms of growth and new development, please take a look at the following website called URBANIZE L.A. The site chronicles the new building projects coming to Downtown Los Angeles as well as publishes news on the projects under construction. https://urbanize.la
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 02:51 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,246,328 times
Default dtla

Last edited by pwright1; 07-10-2018 at 03:03 AM..

Old 07-10-2018, 11:46 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Spotify just signed a 110,000 sq ft 10 year lease in the arts district .

https://therealdeal.com/la/2018/07/1...arts-district/

Old 07-11-2018, 10:26 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post

No pix of the crazy lady that lunged at me the other day? The crack heads walking around like zombies? Or the human turds and **** I have to dodge on the daily?

You know the saying: good from far, far from good

Old 07-11-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
No pix of the crazy lady that lunged at me the other day? The crack heads walking around like zombies? Or the human turds and **** I have to dodge on the daily?

You know the saying: good from far, far from good
Yeah it’s a shame this is still going on and it’s so common . Like the big elephant in the room .
It’s too bad the city is willing to sacrifice DTLA being a decent place in favor of the homeless , drug addicts and crazies being able to do whatever they want .

Need law and order .

Old 07-11-2018, 12:57 PM

37,157 posts, read 39,418,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yeah it’s a shame this is still going on and it’s so common . Like the big elephant in the room .
It’s too bad the city is willing to sacrifice DTLA being a decent place in favor of the homeless , drug addicts and crazies being able to do whatever they want .

Need law and order .
It seems likely that part of the impetus for trying to build housing for the homeless quickly is to try to move people off the streets and out of Skid Row in order to keep cashing in on property value appreciation in downtown.

Old 07-11-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
It seems likely that part of the impetus for trying to build housing for the homeless quickly is to try to move people off the streets and out of Skid Row in order to keep cashing in on property value appreciation in downtown.
According to Garcetti he wants to keep the homeless in skid row .. which seems to defeat the point .
Although who knows I’m sure he tells developers one thing and then he tells the public something else .

Also some group wants the developers to spend their profits on building 7,000 affordable units .. doesn’t make sense as they would make no profit then .

“Mayor Eric Garcetti, in a statement, said the city is doing “everything in its power” to keep skid row residents in downtown, including passing an ordinance that requires replacing every demolished or converted residential hotel room at the same affordability level.”

L.A. plan to 'gentrify' skid row will oust poor residents, advocates say

Old 07-11-2018, 06:59 PM

390 posts, read 389,641 times
I was walking around downtown today and while I'm impressed with all the new developments, to me it's still kind of a dump. I saw turds on sidewalk, annoying panhandlers, stupid magicians, druggies, thugs , you name it it's there. I do however really like hanging out at bloc 37 and the Wilshire grand tower.

Old 08-04-2018, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeohnny View Post
I was walking around downtown today and while I'm impressed with all the new developments, to me it's still kind of a dump. I saw turds on sidewalk, annoying panhandlers, stupid magicians, druggies, thugs , you name it it's there. I do however really like hanging out at bloc 37 and the Wilshire grand tower.
Yeah I agree , in many other cities with so much money going into an area they city just wouldn’t allow all that nonsense and filth . As long as the current regime is in charge I don’t see much changing , which is unfortunate.
This could really threaten downtowns growth and success long term .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles