Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 02:20 PM

127 posts, read 269,931 times

Advertisements

How do I get rid of this squatter? I've tried reaching Long Beach Multi-Service Center @ (562) 733-1147, extension 101 several times for days now but nobody ever answers or returns my voicemail.

This particular homeless person has been living on Cherry Ave against the sidewalk that goes along the LBC Transit building on Cherry avenue just north of Anaheim St, aproximately across the street from my address 1368 Cherry Ave.

It's gotten reidiculous with this person defecating against the LBC Transit walls as well as on the sidewalk in proad daylight. This homeless person drags a blanket that wreaks of feces & urine all along Cherry Ave and its become a daily ritual of business owners shewing him away.

Will LBC ever help? How to get them to??? Thanks..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 02:26 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,446,238 times
Eww gross..

If they are like L.A they will probably just lecture you about their "rights" and that you can't just have the poor homeless person moved.

To me these types of issues are serious public health issues

Old 03-21-2014, 02:32 PM

I literally have to wrap a krama (scarf) around my face whenever I am leaving or returning home.

Worst yet, the building doesn't have ac nor window ac's yet I can't keep the windows open- not even cracked- because the stench of human feces mixed with urine just permeates everything around the whole sidewalk on Cherry Ave from Anaheim St north to around what would be 14th St.

Old 03-21-2014, 03:12 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,446,238 times
I think I just threw up a little..

Old 03-21-2014, 03:45 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,559,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvca View Post
How do I get rid of this squatter? I've tried reaching Long Beach Multi-Service Center @ (562) 733-1147, extension 101 several times for days now but nobody ever answers or returns my voicemail.

This particular homeless person has been living on Cherry Ave against the sidewalk that goes along the LBC Transit building on Cherry avenue just north of Anaheim St, aproximately across the street from my address 1368 Cherry Ave.

It's gotten reidiculous with this person defecating against the LBC Transit walls as well as on the sidewalk in proad daylight. This homeless person drags a blanket that wreaks of feces & urine all along Cherry Ave and its become a daily ritual of business owners shewing him away.

You're in District 4, Patrick O'Donnell (562) 570-6918. Mayor Bob Foster (562) 570-6801.

It would be nice if we had adequate mental health services at the state and county levels to limit the number of broken citizens who defecate on your front door to a manageable number, but that would just be more wasteful government spending by the CA Nanny-State.

But this a matter of public health and safety, and the local pols should be responsive enough to at least have the police to shuffle them around.

Old 03-21-2014, 03:50 PM

Many thanks, LBC'er

Since ya mention it, I'll try 911 first.

I'm still rather new to LBC.. do they have a 311 service like NYC does??

Old 03-21-2014, 03:53 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,559,233 times
Quote:
Many thanks, LBC'er

Since ya mention it, I'll try 911 first.

I'm still rather new to LBC.. do they have a 311 service like NYC does??
I'm not sure..

Old 03-22-2014, 02:25 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,386,668 times
Quote:

How do you defecate against a wall???

Never mind... I don't want to know...

Old 03-22-2014, 02:49 PM

214 posts, read 176,385 times
Quote:

Put a dollar bill on a long string and use it to lure him to the front of a government building. They will not put up with that s**t. No pun intended!

Old 03-23-2014, 06:53 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,418,516 times
It might just be easier to find a new place. I'd personally never live in LB. This guy sounds worse than ten vagrants in Santa Monica.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles