Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 11:11 AM

67 posts, read 145,241 times

Advertisements

So let's say I'm staying at a hotel in LA with the intention of going to Disneyland/DCA. Presumably I buy a ticket and then wait for a bus to take me to the amusement park, and it's cheaper than paying for parking lots (and car rentals)

Is this ART thing going to be some shi*tty experience where:

1. the bus is late
2. the bus never shows
3. the bus shows up, but is the size of a peanut so it's full and I have to wait a 2nd rotation?

I don't know, this just sounds sketchy as hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2014, 01:05 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,303,219 times
Sorry, but it seems like you've done ZERO research on local transportation in So Cal.

The ART is "Anaheim Resort Transit" and is LOCAL ONLY service in the Anaheim Resort area. It is a very efficient service and highly reliable, but doesn't go anyplace near LA.

You don't say where in "Los Angeles", a 503 square mile city, you are staying so no one can even begin to give help.

You could possibly use Metrolink trains, Amtrak trains, Metro buses or even OCTA buses, depending on where you are.

It maybe cheaper to use public transportation, but a 40 minute drive (or less) can become a 2-3 hour, multi-transfer nightmare, depending on where you are.

But a simple plugging in the addresses of where you are and Disneyland's into Google Map's public transit option would tell you every thing you need to know.

Old 09-21-2014, 01:58 PM

67 posts, read 145,241 times
i should have clarified: i'm talking about staying in Anaheim for Disney, not in Los Angeles as an entire county

Old 09-21-2014, 02:06 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,863,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlwl8521 View Post
i should have clarified: i'm talking about staying in Anaheim for Disney, not in Los Angeles as an entire county
That's pretty important, since Anaheim is not LA, and not really close. It'd be like going to the beaches on Long Island and saying you are going to NYC.

Old 09-21-2014, 04:32 PM

1,714 posts, read 3,853,433 times
This has zero to do with LA.

Orange County stuff goes here, please:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/orange-county/

Old 09-21-2014, 04:36 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,303,219 times
Quote:
Then stay at the Best Western Park Place Inn & Mini Suites and walk the 300 yards to the Maingate at Disneyland and don't worry about ART at all.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:19 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,147,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genjy View Post
This has zero to do with LA.

Orange County stuff goes here, please:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/orange-county/
Oh yeah, let's expect every person visiting the LA area not to confuse Anaheim with LA. Sheesh, cut the OP a break for not knowing that OC is separate from LA. Besides, I routinely see people discussing "theme parks in LA" on this forum and they don't just stick to the ones in Studio City, San Dimas, and Valencia, etc., instead they commit the unspeakable crime of mentioning Buena Park and Anaheim in the LA forum! Oh, the horror! It seems these tourists are expected to think that OC and LA are separated by a giant wall, watch towers, barbed wire and armed guards and the two areas are not at all contiguous (OC is now separated by a giant man-made water-filled trench).

Ok, I am adding some sarcasm, but you get the point.

Last edited by LuvSouthOC; 09-22-2014 at 12:29 PM..

Old 09-22-2014, 11:39 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,788,378 times
the Orange Curtain exists

Old 09-22-2014, 12:26 PM

1,424 posts, read 2,489,448 times
Quote:
So let's say I'm staying at a hotel in LA with the intention of going to Disneyland/DCA. Presumably I buy a ticket and then wait for a bus to take me to the amusement park, and it's cheaper than paying for parking lots (and car rentals)

Is this ART thing going to be some shi*tty experience where:

1. the bus is late
2. the bus never shows
3. the bus shows up, but is the size of a peanut so it's full and I have to wait a 2nd rotation?

I don't know, this just sounds sketchy as hell.
To answer your question, no it's not going to be like that. Also, there are plenty of other options and many hotels in the Anaheim resort area even have their own mini-bus or van that drops off their guests at Disneyland. The Anaheim Resort area is pretty easy to navigate, so you can walk to Disney if you really don't want to risk buying a ticket to a bus that won't, um, quite meet your 'standards'.

Also, like others have mentioned, Disneyland is within the city of Anaheim, which is in Orange County (in between LA and San Diego). Best of luck. Stay positive.

*Plus if you are coming sometime soon and not in December or the summer, then you would be coming off season, so it shouldn't be too crowded.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:05 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,152,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Oh yeah, let's expect every person visiting the LA area not to confuse Anaheim with LA. Sheesh, cut the OP a break for not knowing that OC is separate from LA. Besides, I routinely see people discussing "theme parks in LA" on this forum and they don't just stick to the ones in Studio City, San Dimas, and Valencia, etc., instead they commit the unspeakable crime of mentioning Buena Park and Anaheim in the LA forum! Oh, the horror! It seems these tourists are expected to think that OC and LA are separated by a giant wall, watch towers, barbed wire and armed guards and the two areas are not at all contiguous (OC is now separated by a giant man-made water-filled trench).

Ok, I am adding some sarcasm, but you get the point.
Seriously. LA and OC are in one in the same. Some imaginary line will never change that. They depend on each other for many things, are part of the same CSA. Share the same market, and depend on each other for tourism. When people visit LA, they group Disneyland and Knott's as part of their LA trip. Anaheim teams can also get away with using the LA name. It's not a big deal and people need to get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles